User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: having to pardon people in person

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added pardons and removed the OOC protections from MPs so Commanders could have more discretion and what everyone was begging us for.
    You can't just willy nilly press a button from the CIC to say "Ok I pardon you" without doing any type of investigation or just saying "Meh I believe this marine, let them go."
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    We added pardons and removed the OOC protections from MPs so Commanders could have more discretion and what everyone was begging us for.
    You can't just willy nilly press a button from the CIC to say "Ok I pardon you" without doing any type of investigation or just saying "Meh I believe this marine, let them go."
    I am personally fine with investigation being needed, but what the OP was complaining about is that you have to be in brig for it. You could investigate over radio as easily.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gitlab a request to add it to CIC console/Command tablet.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90% of the times i had to pardon someone was because he broke a window and both the offender and the MP force showed the same degree of information, I honestly dont know what is the whole investigation deal is even about, the MP force should be in charge of that side of work, not the god damn captain.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    90% of the times i had to pardon someone was because he broke a window and both the offender and the MP force showed the same degree of information, I honestly dont know what is the whole investigation deal is even about, the MP force should be in charge of that side of work, not the god damn captain.
    You can force MPs to NJP minor crimes as CO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    You can force MPs to NJP minor crimes as CO
    Yeah sure, thats an alternative, but the subject is pardons not NJP
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    is a cringe rule and a direct "fuck you" to commanders who like to deploy, is needlessly convoluted and the opposite of quality of life. Captain takes on responsibility for further crimes if they pardon which is the risk they take, "hur dur u actually have to come into the brig and use this annoying computer function" just makes life hard for everyone involved.

Also the brig timer automation is stupid too and taking the human element out of MPing, may as well just be a staff job at this point. Literally no one enjoys this rule, not unruly deltas, not MP mains, not captains. Atleast make it so the XO could perform the pardon on the CO's behalf if they are too busy, (its not like the game gives much for XO's to do)

I guarantee this will lead to an increase in brig bombings and murdered MPs as people get jailed away for 20 minutes for some trivial shit like stepping into CIC or breaking a window that takes 2 seconds to fix

Like if you agree
    I find it quite hypocritical when you are here advocating for CO rights.
    When the round where you had an issue with this was a round where you threw the CO under the bus.
    You stole in front of the cmp.
    You got arrested for it and yelled on comms for the CO to pardon you.
    The mp's kept telling the CO how to pardon you and that pardons are not to be taken lightly.
    Yet, you were quite instent on letting him pardon you while you were off stealing everything not bolted down.
    I would love to see an explanation how your shop is detrimental to the op.
    Because afaik you were a dick ic and oocly. Knowing that the only ooc punishment could have been for the CO who did not know procedure.
    The only reason I did not make a player report myself for that pardon the second the round was over is that I would punish the CO for listening to you.

Next up there are significant advantages to the system being as it is.
    1. It requires effort you cannot just yell on the radio so that you need to spend effort.
    2. You should investigate and know appeals procedure by having a set procedure that requires certain action you ensure someone read the rules.
    3. If the CO wants to deal with it he has to be there where the prisoner is and an mp should be. He cannot do this without it being seen/noticed.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have legit seen rounds with total chaos where the mps couldnt do shit and got stomped in the drop and the only recourse was to try and tag people later that will never come back up anyways. Ive also seen rounds with 0 mps that nothing happened at all and the round went great. Is there a developer whos an mp main with a hard on for punishing people over tiny shit that has 0 round effect? These rules are dumb and harm player experience. My experiences being a goon and getting arrested are 50/50. Good mps will let a lot of shit slide and give minor slaps of time and send you on your way. Assholes will reach as far into their power as possible to mini ban you from an op over the dumbest fucking shit. Its either a fun rp role or a tool players use to soft grief and harm the player bases experience.

Since its not a whitelisted role and we cant keep out the straight up asshole mps, this mechanic just further harms the playerbase. In a perfect world we would have good mps who didnt soft grief and then this would be totally fine. Utopia just doesnt exist here though so this is straight cancer.
    Last edited by antrixx; 06-01-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    I find it quite hypocritical when you are here advocating for CO rights.
    When the round where you had an issue with this was a round where you threw the CO under the bus.
    You stole in front of the cmp.
    You got arrested for it and yelled on comms for the CO to pardon you.
    The mp's kept telling the CO how to pardon you and that pardons are not to be taken lightly.
    Yet, you were quite instent on letting him pardon you while you were off stealing everything not bolted down.
    I would love to see an explanation how your shop is detrimental to the op.
    Because afaik you were a dick ic and oocly. Knowing that the only ooc punishment could have been for the CO who did not know procedure.
    The only reason I did not make a player report myself for that pardon the second the round was over is that I would punish the CO for listening to you.

Next up there are significant advantages to the system being as it is.
    1. It requires effort you cannot just yell on the radio so that you need to spend effort.
    2. You should investigate and know appeals procedure by having a set procedure that requires certain action you ensure someone read the rules.
    3. If the CO wants to deal with it he has to be there where the prisoner is and an mp should be. He cannot do this without it being seen/noticed.
    I'm pretty sure that round I asked permission from the captain to take fancy wooden tables and carpet, and most of the items in my store were brought to me by marines, whether they stole them or not is another question. So I wasn't running around taking everything not bolted down, I got like 25 minutes in the brig because I stepped into the brig for one second, picked up a bodybag and then handed it back to the CMP as a joke, being like "you should guard your door better haha".

As for my shop being detrimental to the round, i've had numerous people tell me that they love my CL shop and i've had a steady stream of players who come to buy from it and even help me set it up. MP mains have even told me that they loved it and enjoyed having someone to actually make them do some work, rather than just arresting deltas for breaking windows then being glorified janitors. My shop has lead to some very fun, organic player moments and I'd love for you to explain how I was being a dick OOC to anyone thankyou very much. Me playing a sneaky CL character has nothing to do with me wanting better QoL and rights for CO players.

Also the 3 reasons you just gave are just the same reason reworded lmao, I agree that captains should look into crimes a bit more before they just throw an appeal, which is something i've been guilty of before. But you can do that over comms just as well, and intergrating function into the tablet would provide just the same.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antrixx View Post
    I have legit seen rounds with total chaos where the mps couldnt do shit and got stomped in the drop and the only recourse was to try and tag people later that will never come back up anyways. Ive also seen rounds with 0 mps that nothing happened at all and the round went great. Is there a developer whos an mp main with a hard on for punishing people over tiny shit that has 0 round effect? These rules are dumb and harm player experience. My experiences being a goon and getting arrested are 50/50. Good mps will let a lot of shit slide and give minor slaps of time and send you on your way. Assholes will reach as far into their power as possible to mini ban you from an op over the dumbest fucking shit. Its either a fun rp role or a tool players use to soft grief and harm the player bases experience.

Since its not a whitelisted role and we cant keep out the straight up asshole mps, this mechanic just further harms the playerbase. In a perfect world we would have good mps who didnt soft grief and then this would be totally fine. Utopia just doesnt exist here though so this is straight cancer.
    ah so you've anecdotally seen MPs bad at their job (which is exclusive to MP, as I'm sure you know) and you've also anecdotally seen rounds where any crimes commited weren't blatantly obvious and potentially gotten away with, that's great

I don't see how it's relevant to anything though

Mps HAVE to arrest any non minor crimes they witness, though, so if they don't then they're literally breaking OOC rules. I agree that mps SHOULD let some minor crimes slide for the good of the operation, but we do have them for a reason. Also if you do spot any power abusing, rule breaking, etc MPs then make a player complaint, if it was found that they didn't do anything wrong, then either the entirety of the staff team is wrong, or you are.
    Last edited by kooarbiter; 06-01-2020 at 03:48 PM.