User Tag List

Thread: Shotguns are underpowered in CM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shotguns are underpowered in CM

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Smartscope L42A" bullshit that's going on in the CM system right now. Shotguns deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine shotgun in America for 50 Dollars (that's about three months of working) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even destroy slabs of solid steel with my shotgun.

American smiths spend years working on a single shotgun and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest boomsticks known to mankind.

Shotguns are thrice as damaging as standard issue pulse rifle and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a pulse rifle can cut through, a shotgun can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a shotgun could easily bisect an ancient empress at full health with a simple PB.

Ever wonder why predators never bothered conquering Earth? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined marines and their shotguns of destruction. Even in Aliens, xeno warriors targeted the men with the shotguns first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Shotguns are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the CM system. Here is the stat block I propose for Shotguns:

(One-Handed)
    Instantly gibs T1s and T2s, crits T3s
    Mild recoil
    3 tile range to kill

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
    Instantly gibs any xeno
    No recoil
    7 tile range to gib

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Shotguns in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Shotguns need to do more damage in CM, see my new stat block.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agre.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it. I'm sick of all this "Standard Equipment M41A" bullshit that's going on in the CM right now. M41A deserves much worse than that. Much, much worse than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine M41A from Weston-Yamada for 120 Yen (that's about $1) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can't even slay a single larva with my M41A.

American factory workers spend years working on a single M41A and test it up to a million times to produce some of the biggest pieces of shit known to mankind.

M41A are barely half as deadly as any shotgun and 1/8 as intimidating for that matter too. Anything a shotgun can shoot through, an M41A can't shoot through at all. I'm pretty sure an M41A would break trying to shoot a Rav specialized as a Hedgehog with any kind of shot.

Ever wonder why W-Y never bothered conquering America? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined shotgun rednecks and their Buckshot types X through XXII of destruction. Even in World War IX, W-Y employees targeted the men with the sawed off's first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? M41A are simply the worst rifles that the world has ever seen, and thus, require worse stats in CM. Here is the stat block I propose for M41A:

Can't be fired one handed

(Two-Handed)
    1d4 Damage
    Huge recoil
    Causes epilepsy

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of M41A in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = M41A need to do much less in CM, see my new stat block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nonononono.

This post is all wrong.

That stats you’ve listed are as absurd as they are unrealistic, as are the crafting measures used for space-shotguns.

You’re in a future where graphene exists. So the shotgun is probably made from 100% carbon, because fuck the other elements. It’s probably made by some guy using scotch tape to pull billions of layers off of graphite blocks, all to make the most layered thing in existence. Then, the buckshot pellets are probably all self-guiding and definitely American-made, because winners don’t do communists.

So I propose that that three tile range just be an area of effect of instant-gibbing, regardless of handedness. Because, seriously, who ends two hands to use a boom-stick? You should be able to dual-wield gak xenos left and right with those things!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    big same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its the future and the uscm still uses old ass shotguns, make tac shotguns available to all marines roundstart, im telling you those shotguns will be the future !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit, that's an old format. Hats off to a true fa/tg/uy o7
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020