User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: I speak on behalf of that one salty kid who got blown up by a OB

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninshu View Post
    I find myself having my speed cut when I am laced up with lead while playing as queen and also the screech on retreat isnt reliable when the marines can easily catch up to that slow poke as she trys to flea no matter where she go. Unless she have a way to slow them down as she leave or get missing before they can catch up.What the hive needs at this point is a behemoth and or sentry sentiel.
    That sounds like it could be lag. A lot of times, especially later in a round, once a Queen is off Ovi, things get slowed down. When half a dozen marines are firing guns, on top of the sounds being played, the sounds of impacts and the Queen screeching can actually slow things down more.
    Nicholas Dean Roberts (AKA Nich ‘Burnin’ Bob’ Roberts) is an albino who dabbles in medicine, engineering, and fire, god help us all if he ever does them all at the same time.
    “Get back here! I’m not done healing you!” Medi Roberts
    “Inflammable means flammable.” Pyro Specialist Roberts

  2. #12
    Junior Member Ninshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You mean it took only one Defcon to dispatch an entire crew of fireteam? What does it really prove? That marines reaching DEFCON 3 get reinforcements?
    Who said that marine fighting beno 1 vs 1 shouldn't be a fair fight? Generally it is supposed that benos should beat marine 1 vs 1 if both of them have equal skill. That should not be in a way that any bald beno should beat robust marine 1 vs 1. "Fair chance" doesn't mean "equal chance".

    Yeah, marines have attachements on weapons, but the game is balanced around those attachements. There is a reason why recent test against Ravager was conducted with M39 equipped with Barrel Charger. Attachements are generally about fitting a gun to certain role, not stright up buffs as most of the attachements have some downsides of having them. Yes, marines have grenades, but did you know that grenades cause more marine harm, than beno? Any grenade used by PFC has higher chance to scratch a beno and severly damage atleast one marine, than to wound only beno.

    Ammo that slows on impact would be the slug, that is RNG innacurate, that is RNG countered by evasion, deals very little damage, that has RNG scatter, that has rather low rate of fire, that presents great danger to any marine hit by it, that does NOTHING to T3s and certain T2s (Hivelord and Carrier).

    Down time from one tap of shotgun is long that you have time to attach bayonet? Boy, did you got dillusional, you won't have time to PB second time, not talking about doing anything else as the downtime is less than a second.



    In every way PFC outclasses T3 for example? Or T2? Spamming lunge is not a good tactic as each spam creates short cooldown on abilty and its made exactly to prevent bald benos from spamming abilities like lunge that actually "teleports" beno to the marine only if clicked directly on said marine sprite.

    The fact that you "forgot" that defender exist, put Carrier in T3 slot for some reason, present "counter-arguments" by simply stating some fact (like that DEFCON gives marines reinforcements, but so what? Nothing explained) and also present false information about shotgun stuns, I leave for others to judge.
    No i was referring to an actually deacon morph as an example to how even a fluffy beno can handle a whole fire squad. And when speaking on shotguns when I said one tap was abit of an exaggeration if your lucky you might get up in a second but I've had the pleasure of waiting a good eight seconds of down time from one close ranged buck and I was at the complete mercy of a marine. For the damage shotgun do their accuracy should be close to garbagito and useable. I think all accuracy on guns need to have lower chance of hit except for those who obviously utlize their armor more so then rflx.

    I realized I left out defender and with good reason. Their the only xenomorphs admins didnt fuck off and is true to its name. Also I believe in a game of 30 xenos to close to 80 marines planet side. For every 1 capture a xeno get we lose about 2-3 sisters within that time frame. Not to mention xenos these days have to go for the safe kill rather then capative when on the frontlines. ALSO not to mention marines can be defibbed. ALSO not to mention marine have auto injectors that make em able to bypass injuries while combating in 1v1 to keep on pressing. nothing you can say can beat the fact that marine have xenos beat in everyway.
    Last edited by Ninshu; 06-01-2020 at 08:43 PM.

  3. #13
    Senior Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,482
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninshu View Post
    No i was referring to an actually deacon morph as an example to how even a fluffy beno can handle a whole fire squad. And when speaking on shotguns when I said one tap was abit of an exaggeration if your lucky you might get up in a second but I've had the pleasure of waiting a good eight seconds of down time from one close ranged buck and I was at the complete mercy of a marine. For the damage shotgun do their accuracy should be close to garbagito and useable. I think all accuracy on guns need to have lower chance of hit except for those who obviously utlize their armor more so then rflx.

    I realized I left out defender and with good reason. Their the only xenomorphs admins didnt fuck off and is true to its name. Also if you think a 1v1 between a xeno vs marine should be more in xenos favor. in a game of 30 xenos going up against a eighty marines then I dont know what to say. Yeah nades can be more of a hinder in the hands of marines but lets be real for a second. Even if a nede goes off on marines it wouldnt do a xeno again good other than a possible capture even then they'd have to risk their neck.
    Deacon is from some kind of Alien media? Gameplay > Alien media, otherwise benos would die to one burst of pulse rifle.

    No, luck has nothing to do with stun as it is literally shorter than firerate on shotgun and there is no attachement to increase firerate on shotgun. Exluding lag and such things 8 seconds could be achieved only if you were put into crit which means your HP went to 0 where beno enters state of permanent stun that it can recover if it happen that said beno is lying on weeds. No other way.

    Accuracy on weapons is already low. PB however doesn't miss.

    BYOND has screen range of 7 tiles in each side, so 14x14 (about) grid doesn't contain all 30 benos and all 80 marines. Small battles count. If you menage to get marines in groups smaller than beno group is, you won.

    Nade goes off next to marine then its certain capture for beno most of the time.
    REDEMPTION

  4. #14
    Senior Member DekoToast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was originally not sure on this, but after looking at the recent marine winstreak of 10, you might be onto something here.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

    NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:


    Mentor - 6/5/2020

  5. #15
    Junior Member Ninshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Deacon is from some kind of Alien media? Gameplay > Alien media, otherwise benos would die to one burst of pulse rifle.

    No, luck has nothing to do with stun as it is literally shorter than firerate on shotgun and there is no attachement to increase firerate on shotgun. Exluding lag and such things 8 seconds could be achieved only if you were put into crit which means your HP went to 0 where beno enters state of permanent stun that it can recover if it happen that said beno is lying on weeds. No other way.

    Accuracy on weapons is already low. PB however doesn't miss.

    BYOND has screen range of 7 tiles in each side, so 14x14 (about) grid doesn't contain all 30 benos and all 80 marines. Small battles count. If you menage to get marines in groups smaller than beno group is, you won.

    Nade goes off next to marine then its certain capture for beno most of the time.
    The deacon in alien convenant dispatched a couple of marines before being taken out. Also you fail to point out that compared to the six slashes it take to down a marine it take a couple of shots from a Pulse rifle to get a Beno to run for safety. When factoring in a shotgun instead of pulse once again it doesn’t even come close to a fair fight . If I wanted to push the arguement further marines have MULTIPLE ways to heal themselves where as a beno NEEDS weeds to regenerate making hit and run tactics pointless to the well equipped . My arguement is that marines to swole and don’t get me started on defcon

  6. #16
    Junior Member Ninshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An easy fix is to lock OBs and other balance tipping shit under the second and last defcons I don’t know why OBs an be fired so early in game anyways yet we can’t hive the nexus or for that matter override the bird early

  7. #17
    Senior Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,482
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninshu View Post
    The deacon in alien convenant dispatched a couple of marines before being taken out. Also you fail to point out that compared to the six slashes it take to down a marine it take a couple of shots from a Pulse rifle to get a Beno to run for safety. When factoring in a shotgun instead of pulse once again it doesn’t even come close to a fair fight . If I wanted to push the arguement further marines have MULTIPLE ways to heal themselves where as a beno NEEDS weeds to regenerate making hit and run tactics pointless to the well equipped . My arguement is that marines to swole and don’t get me started on defcon
    I don't watch Ridley new adventures into the world of Alien, so its pointless that I "failed" to point out what happens in the movie I have never seen.

    Beno run to safety is not beno defeated, or beno killed. While marines might have chems to heal them on the go, such chem heal not only slower than lying on weeds, they also won't heal broken bones and have a very hard time to heal IB.

    Its not "fair fight" it you would compare standing next to marine and slashing him in hope that your HP and slashes are strong enough to beat it. Also you say "... when factoring in a shotgun", but you fail to precise as slugs do little to no damage alongside flechettes that do more armor damage.

    What really are those "multiple" ways for marines to heal? Popping a pill? Slow. Show me a standard issue USCM pill to heal bones. I would gladly exchange all of those chems, advanced brute kits and such for marine weeds that could heal me from perma-crit to 100% in a minute, or two.
    Benos have enough HP so that hit and run tactics work if they have some frontline weeds they can lie on. If they don't, its beno fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninshu View Post
    An easy fix is to lock OBs and other balance tipping shit under the second and last defcons I don’t know why OBs an be fired so early in game anyways yet we can’t hive the nexus or for that matter override the bird early
    OB is mainly meant to break strong beno defensive positions outside caves (in terms of LV for example). "Easy fix" would be to fix sound bugs, because OB really isn't meant to kill anyone, but the most overextended, or bald benos. OB without bugs isn't more "balance tipping" than LTB tank, or Nuke. Don't get me started on OBs that were fired on FoB, or on Advancing marines. Each of those more powerfull weapons in marine disposal are as likely to hurt themselfs.

    Devs surerly know everything about winrate issue (if it even is an issue, as benomains of the past used to say "I like my wins hard earned", winrate being 50-50 isn't the ultimate solution, as long as playing one side is very fun regardless of winning, or not, then they can lose most of the times) and they are most likely working on something to buff benos/nerf rines if they deem it to be necessary. I don't belive in sudden change of hearts where for some reason Marines are the side favoured. On the grand scale it appears that no side is favoured as both marines and benos complain about the game being broken and this most likely means that game is indeed aiming at being fair.
    Last edited by CABAL; 06-02-2020 at 04:39 AM.
    REDEMPTION

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest problem with ob and mortars I have is that they are so random. You can just be walking around and then boom you dead. Last OB I died too, I started running away the second I heard the sound start and then still died because the OB was on some random part of the map where xenos were not even attacking.

  9. #19
    Senior Member MasterShakeEZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,053
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone404 View Post
    Biggest problem with ob and mortars I have is that they are so random. You can just be walking around and then boom you dead. Last OB I died too, I started running away the second I heard the sound start and then still died because the OB was on some random part of the map where xenos were not even attacking.
    they should make a stupid visual indicator for ob/cas/mortar like boiler gas has. but nah we only make it easy mode for marines gotta raise the skill floor for xenos.

  10. #20
    Junior Member HoseaPalindrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Time to be big bad marinemain.
    Not sure if you were joking or not but this might be one of the problems in this thread. Not to say that your points aren't well made, but I generally think the skill level for xenos is way higher than marines. I've gotten lucky kills as a marine, I am lucky to get a single kill as a xeno and when I do i'm proud. I expect to generally be able to keep myself alive till the end of a marine round even when pushing. I go into xeno rounds ready to die. I've absolutely never been caught off guard as a marine that proved to be deadly (i get attacked from nearby vents by runners/T1's occasionally but they do so little damage that you just shoot a little on wake up, run away and you're fine, and even then i would probably get revived) I get fucked over by random grenades/SADAR/OB/Mortar on every single round as xeno. A good flank by xenos means you didn't lose your ENTIRE force before running into a cadeline, and you got some good caps to recoup the losses. Good marine flanks end games. I could go on forever

    Something Ninshu says that I agree with is that everything is centered around the Queen, it's why I don't even wanna try being one because I've never been one and it's a lot of pressure. Xenos cannot win without a Queen, CAN'T ORGANIZE AND DECIDE A NEW QUEEN (An absolutely bonkers decision I will never understand), and can't even push or do anything but wait until they die.

    I just don't think you can say a marine and a xeno are on the same playing field in general, I can't tell you the amount of times a single marine has killed me as a T1 OR some T2's, now imagine going against two marines. with shotguns. It's god awful.

    It's still fun to murderball or try to be useful in chokepoints or push with Queen. But I feel BAD dying as a xeno because it's announced in chat and you kinda let everyone down. And I expect I will die so I only try to learn new tiers when we're obviously winning.

    Like just from my experience you can be a derpy marine, grab shotguns and lots of explosives and get sick kills without that much of a learning curve. You need to be pretty competent as a xeno to be remotely useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    OB is mainly meant to break strong beno defensive positions outside caves (in terms of LV for example). "Easy fix" would be to fix sound bugs, because OB really isn't meant to kill anyone, but the most overextended, or bald benos.
    Now you're just being disingenuous or you really haven't played xenos recently. OB's are mostly NOT used like you say at all, but are used to completely annihilate hives or anything remotely nearby them. Or to fuck up chokepoints before marines rush in. Or be fired randomly anywhere where more than 2 xenos were spotted that's near the front lines. It's seriously not that hard to die to an OB that shaming people as "bald" because of it is like me saying someone's bald for dying to Hedghehog Rav's. Oh you died to one of the most powerful tools the marines have? Fuckin'...noob...loser. Git good. Like i refuse to believe you even believe what you wrote.

    And yea yada yada "I like my wins hard earned" but honestly this isn't a fighting game. You need to work together with other people in this game, which means no matter how godlike of a xeno you are, you'll never win if your team gets robusted by a good nade'
    Last edited by HoseaPalindrome; 06-02-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •