Scott Miller
    Their BYOND Key
    ChainsawMullet
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    16:33
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    It was an round of Prison and we had to evac, during the round an PMC team had been deployed to reasons unknown to me but there seem to have been hostilities (unknown if it remained at threats).

I was with an PMC and the CE on the PMC shuttle (the PMC was cading that to hold until his team returned from whatever task they were assigned to do) as the "Unscheduled Departure, Hijack" Announcement came in. Around 30 seconds later, the CO and XO barged into the shuttle and launched it to the ERT station with me the PMC and the CE on it. They did not send an announcement that they were gonna leave or anything, essentially deserting and abandoning all marines.

Logically the PMC stuns the CO for doing this as he has to return to his PMC partners, and me being absolutely baffeld and outraged by the CO's action (IC and OOCly). Start to help him by pushing and punching the CO. Then the CO opens fire at the PMC and me with his mateba and the XO joins in with his shotgun (they opened fire first, they had proper justification though I wont deny that). I respond by opening fire back at them and manage to take both the CO and XO out.

I then try to revive the PMC to no avail and start being PM'd. I am being told that appearently my IC justification was too weak and that I firstly should have sided with an CO who just abandoned his entire marine force on an whim (I actually had other marines coming to the shuttle as well to get out of there) and acted like an complete dick about it. Appearently because I "Work for the CO" I am bound to him with my highest of loyalty, even if he basically just commited desertion. This only applies to MP's though yet ChainsawMullet held me, an IO with quite proper IC justification to the standard of an MP.

And concerning the hiding the body of the Captain while being PM'd, I did not expect you to aheal someone that had, from my perspective abandoned his entire force without notice and opened fire first.
    Evidence
    Rundown of the evnts from my chat log & perspective:
    - Cap and XO barge in and launch the shuttle
    - CPT Connor Anderson says, "Don't take the risk"
    - Connor Anderson has been beaten in the chest with stunbaton by PMC Riley Strassman!
    - PMC Riley Strassman tries to put the handcuffs on Connor Anderson.
    - Scott Miller has disarmed Alexander Keys (XO)!
    - Harold Rusty (CE) attempted to disarm Alexander Keys!
    - PMC Riley Strassman is hit by the high-impact revolver bullet in the right arm!
    - Captain shoots his gun around the DS, which isnt show im my chat
    - Connor Anderson aims at PMC Riley Strassman's head!
    You hear a sickening cracking sound coming from PMC Riley Strassman's face.
    PMC Riley Strassman WAS EXECUTED!
    Connor Anderson fires the Mateba autorevolver custom (Wielded) point blank at PMC Riley Strassman!
    PMC Riley Strassman is hit by the high-impact revolver bullet in the head!
    - I open fire and kill both the XO and CO while they booth shoot at me
    - Moderator PM from ChainsawMullet: why did you just gun down the XO and CO
    - PM to ChainsawMullet: I did not "gun down" the CO and XO just like that, the PMC rightfully tried to arrest the CO after hyjacking the shuttle nonlethally, I joined him in by punching and pushing the CO for being such an cunt and the CO opened fire with his mateba, escalation is there and CO opened fire first
    - Moderator PM from ChainsawMullet: You're aware that you work directly for the CO? And not for the PMCs? You should not be gunning down the CO for the sake of a PMC that attacked first in logs.
    - PM to ChainsawMullet: I am not bound to be loyal to the CO like MPs are, there was clear escalation from the CO from nonlethally trying to detain him, it would be like killing an PFC that opened fire on an MP trying to detain him nonlethally. Also that you feel the need to asleep me (editorial note: I was dragging him to an closet on the ERT station) is dare I say cringe I had complete IC justification to do what I did
    - Moderator PM from ChainsawMullet: You were about to shove him in a closet and make it hard to aheal him, I'm giving you a 3 hour ban for griefing on this, your justification is weak, you should not be siding with a PMC who picked a fight with the CO (editorial note: the CO stole the PMC's ship and abandoned his entire marine force, I doubt the PMC was the one who picked the fight) and got rightfully BE'd for it
    - PM to ChainsawMullet: And by the way, the CO abandoned all sense of duty to him and the USCM once he abandoned his marines before the aliens even crashed into the ship, why would I be loyal to him?
    - You have been banned by chainsawmullet.
    Reason: Grief - gunned down the CO and XO after the CO BE'd a PMC that tried to cuff them, had to be slept as they were about to stuff the CO's corpse in a locker (which would've made ahealing difficult).
    This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 180 minutes.
    How you would punish the accused
    Removal of note, issuing of an official warning to ChainsawMullet

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only gonna say a couple of things and let logs do the rest:

1) I was not holding you "to the standard of MPs", it is a straight fact that as an IO you are part of the USS Almayer's Officer structure, so it seems a little crazy that you'd value a PMC over your own captain, especially when the PMC started the fight with the Captain FIRST, which you're even admitting here.

2) I saw no logs of you being shot until you just straight PB'd the CO, and then the XO (who from what I could tell didn't even do anything up to that point), there are NO LOGS of you even being hit until the CO was in crit and you had shot the XO once already.

3) The simple fact that you're admitting the CO had justification for his actions proves that you did not for yours.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was the CO this round. Basically the chem ERT got triggered by the researchers as is the only way to trigger it and I was waiting at a port to greet them, once they arrived they asked for CL and I took them to the brig where CL was serving a sentence for Intoxication, he had like 30 seconds left on his timer so it was no problem. Some PMCs went to research and the CMP started freaking out over PMCs existing, I come to research and see CMP dead. A PMC killed the CMP in self defense, which proved to be true, but caused tensions once others heard about it. A specific PMC kept threatening marines and marines were getting rowdy and asking me to let them C4 into CL's office, I tried to calm the situation and it seemed to have worked, we didn't end up in a firefight.

Once the hijack announcement happened I told XO to take SOs and himself to the PMC shuttle at lower south port and that we are leaving ASAP, evacuating essentially. On there were the PMC you talked about, CE and you. I launched as soon as XO got on and the PMC stunbatoned me and attempted to cuff me, luckily I believe because of my endurance I got up quickly and managed to BE him. No bullets went in your direction and once I finished killing him I did not even fire a bullet or turn in your direction, you slugged me and XO who did not fire(I believe).

That would be all relevant information to why you got banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting as the XO.

"Then the CO opens fire at the PMC and me with his mateba and the XO joins in with his shotgun"

Complete lie. The CO BEs the PMC because he quite literally stunned him and was trying to cuff him - he would've done it had I not pulled him away at the last second. He was completely justified in doing this, as he might've been killed by him or worse.

You are completely lying about me firing my shotgun. I did not fire my shotgun until later on when I was fired at myself. If I wanted to kill you, the PMC or the CE I had ample chance to do so.

What perplexes me is why you thought siding with some random ass PMC monkey whose team was assaulting marines, ordering them around and claiming the ship as their property was more reasonable than siding with your CO.

You completely broke the rule of IE. The CO dispatched a threat to his own safety, you were not threatened at all, nor were you even on the same faction as the PMC. 0 reason to side with him.

To me, you clearly were just looking to valid the CO. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs pulled, will be.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if I remembered things wrong I suppose the logs will show that, but I still stand by my point that the CO's actions provided ample reason not to have any remaining loyalties towards him and that from my IC perspective while the PMC may have "started" the coflict by stunning the CO, the CO instigated it by stealing the PMC's ship and leaving his marines to die and shouldnt expect loyalty from anyone after what he pulled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be brief and will continue arguing:

Doing this isn't enough to make you betray the USCM for a side which you have absolutely no interest in. If your problem is with the CO specifically, you need permission to mutiny from admins, it's not your shot to make. Moreover this was post-hijack, so it wouldn't have been approved anyway. But this is also betraying your own faction, the USCM.
    The only situation where you could've been justified in killing him was if he was attempting to BE YOU and YOU specifically, but he had no reason to do this as you were just an IO, which he prudently assumed was on his side.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose we have to agree to disagree then, because as I see it the CO and XO lost their ability to represent the USCM and deserted the moment they left their marines to die without warning over general comms/an announcement or even an attempt to safe more lives.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll wait for the logs, but the CE battlefield executing the PMC was considered valid. However even though it's post hijack, your allegiance is still to the USCM. If the Captain went to BE you, you have every right to defend yourself from that BE. The other issue I have is if the XO didn't do anything or attack you, and you just attacked the XO first, that would be the rule violation, and based on your provided chat logs, I wouldn't find any wrongdoing on chainsawmullets part.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to clear it up right now that the CO had no intent nor did he show any intent to BE the IO. IO basically blasted him a few seconds after the PMC died.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome