Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanu308 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Nanu308

Player Name You Use Most?
    Claymore 'DCC USD' Allister

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...or-Application - Moderator Application, Accepted. Discord Taskmaster/Smod Currently.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The Battlefield Execution is something done when a person is a danger to the crew, operation, or USCM.

It's something that should only be used when standard procedures for arrests are not available or would be impossible to perform where the Captain has the option to fix the matter at hand in one swift motion.

An excellent example of when to use it would be during Red Alert/Delta Alert, and hostiles have boarded where the MPs are unavailable. Your Staff Officer is threatening you directly in front of fellow CiC staff, where you are unable to talk them down. They are a direct threat to you as a person, undermining your command and the operation as a whole and should be dealt with immediately.

A bad example of performing a BE would be during the briefing where MP's are available, and a local Unga Marine hits you a couple of times. You can then merely take a step back and inform MPs over comms to deal with said marine.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Allister is a passionate man regarding honor, pride, and values people being straight forward with him instead of going behind his back. He believes people should admit their faults and solve it, rather than shift blame to other personnel.

Should mistakes be performed, or a department is not doing their job in an acceptable standard, he believes a stern warning goes a long way, or he will direct the XO to help solve the issue. Allister is a leader who uses the people under his command to the fullest extent.

If a Spec fucks up assaulting another marine, they will remain in the brig for their wrongdoing.

If a CT is having issues handling the RO department as he is there alone, Allister will direct the XO to help out, or even the SEA should one be available. If he has time, Allister would perhaps also help them himself and show them the ropes. Should the RO department not listen to his command, he would have the MP's take them in and put the XO or other appropriate personnel in charge.

The same would go for engineering.

When it comes to MP's, they are bound by OOC rules to follow valid orders. However, I do not mind people disagree as long as they are willing to carry out the order. Should they refuse, I would have another MP take care of them or, if needed, ahelp the matter for staff to deal with it.

For command, he would always try to talk it out when possible or send the MP's to take them down to the brig. However, not everyone is made to lead from a chair in the CiC, so sometimes it would perhaps be beneficial to send them down to the area of operations to lead from the front.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To lead the Operation for the Marine side and lead the CiC, oversee orders and solve issues that might arise during the round.

I also believe the Commander is able to create roleplay as well as create interesting and varied gameplay by trying out new tactics and strategies to help Marines win.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    An easier Medal system to use, with a search function or an option to sort players by role, squad etc. such as the crew manifest.

I believe players should be "rewarded" when they do great things and go beyond what a normal player is normally capable of.

Medals is an easy way for both sides to catch up on special stuff that happened during the round at the end of the round as well as create some roleplay when one can for example award it etc.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I handle the Marine Law currently, by using the special abilities tied to Captain Provisions i believe i can get an better insight into how stuff is actually done ingame which can lead to further improvements for both Marine Law, SoP and CO WL as a whole.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Commander Claymore Allister was standing in the bridge aboard the USS Errant with his fellow CiC Staff around him as they listened to the Captain's briefing for the day and scheduled jobs that needed to get completed before the dock was over. Currently located in the outer rims, they were about to dock at one of the few space stations around these parts of space. A military orbital station mostly meant for refueling located around a small moon with an even smaller colony of only 70 000 colonists.

The plan was detailed yet straightforward; they were to dock and hold for a couple of weeks for a minor retrofit on the engines after the damage from the encounter of the Captain's will to spare time, pushing forward through a dense asteroid field to reach a distress beacon. Due to this, they ended up getting further delayed, and now, they were here in the middle of space where patrols rarely came out.

The Captain laid out his directives next, "Allister, you are to take us in and situate the Marines we currently are transporting on board the station in applicable bunks. Keep them geared; I do not wish to waste a single moment more than I have to here." he said, a hint of irritation briefly showing in his voice, clearly remembering it was his decision that had put them out of the schedule for another two weeks.

Allister gave a curt nod, keeping a straight face before giving his short reply. "Of Course, Sir, anything else?" The Captain looked at him for a second, about to say something else before barking his final order out. "No, That will be all."

Allister took his leave from the meeting room with a crisp salute before turning away and smiling as he exited the chamber towards the bridge. He was lucky enough to be going out with the troops for today it seemed like, perhaps he would even offer a drink on his tab for them. The Marines had seemed annoyed about the delay, waking up from cryogenics just to be told to go back to sleep on an empty stomach as well.

"Afternoon Sir!" came the call as he entered the bridge and took his seat in the center of the room, "Morning to you as well officers, let us take her in shall we?" Allister answered as the two of them got to work as Claymore overviewed the situation. The Errant had a lack of thrust from the starboard engines, but the portside would give enough trust until they reached the docking clamps it would seem.

"Sir, the station is hailing us over the communication relay. They have reserved drydock two for us." Allister gave a quick nod as he moved his hands over to the docking controls use for more fine-tuned movement. "Good, I'll bring us in. Start the awakening procedure for the Platoon meanwhile. Have them get their usual gear on as we will be using the station as a base for the next couple of weeks. High Command should already have notified the officials."

"Yes, Sir."

With slow, deliberate movements, Allister moved the wounded ship into port, taking extra care to make sure the reactors were running smoothly enough and would not send a burst of power into the engines, which in turn would have them crash into the station.

With a final jostle on the controls, he managed to move the ship into the dock with the officer's help. The docking clamps attaching to each side as he glanced over at the monitor, all looked good.
    "I will move onto the station with the Marines. You two help the Captain keep the ship in order for now," Allister spoke out quickly, already nearing the bridge door before taking a second to wait, "And have them extend the docking umbilical."

Striding down the hallway, he went towards his cabin, opening the door to pick up a leather briefcase containing some documents before looking over towards the closet mirror, making sure he was dressed correctly for the occasion.

Allister stood tall at 6'1 with deep light blue eyes and raven black hair, giving his eyes a piercing glance, although a slight grin could almost always be seen hiding behind his mask of neutrality. Navy blue service uniform with proper golden-colored rank boards signifying his rank as a commander, XO of the USS Errant.

Around his waist, a service pistol was holstered, he rarely went to the gun range these days, but it was kept in excellent condition non the less. A few spare magazines filled the belt nicely in a neat row. About to exit the room, he noticed the formal leather shoes. "Nah." he thought to himself, exiting towards the starboard umbilical with his briefcase in tow.

It took a minute or two to reach the starboard umbilical, besides it, four lines of marines and the platoon leader stood. Shuffling to attention the moment they spotted him around the corner. "At ease, Marines. Let's get you your damn bunks today." Claymore said with a slight smile, the PL returning it as he gave a brief nod before starting to shout orders towards the rest of the Platoon. The gear was picked up from the floor as a hissing sound could be heard, the umbilical connecting as it was pressurized.

"After you, Sir."

Allister gave a short sigh before he headed on in, the platoon leader taking up his place in front of the marines as they started to walk the fifty or so meters across towards the station. Reaching the other end, Allister swiped his id across the door.

And a second later, all went to hell; a sizeable creaking sound could be heard moments before a series of small explosions hit. The Umbilical docked on the ship's side was failing in quite the disastrous way. His mind spun his body into gear, "Move, Get in Now!" he shouted, the doorway open towards the station as he leaped inside with the platoon leader, and the lines of marines in a row ran towards the door.

Crack.

Allister could only watch in horror as the glass tube shattered at the end of the umbilical. A sizeable group of Marines still trying to reach the door, fear is written on their face as they leaped forward, trying to reach the door before it closed in front of them with a slam, and all that could be heard from the outside was an eerie silence.

Should one have watched from the outside, one would see the poor sods being blown out like darts from a blowpipe into space, their bodies freezing over as they died in silence, unheard screams frozen in motion.

Allister had little time to react to the Marines' loss as his attention was drawn elsewhere, the sound of running men coming down from the three hallways. "Fuck," he muttered under his breath, seeing what had happened and realizing with intent what was needed.

"PL, Get your men in defensive positions, have 1st Squad and 2nd cover Third, and what remains of fourth to push up." Allister instantly shouted out the orders, his training kicked in as he pulled a marine up from the ground and pushed him towards the side of the steel wall while he took position near the front wall.

"Fire at Will Men!" was his last few words before the entire hallway erupted in gunfire, smoke, and blinding flashes. The USCM personnel training was kicking in quickly as the 3rd and 4th squad took point. Throwing anti-personnel grenades and flashbangs while they pushed up, second and fourth squad laying down covering fire in long bursts while the smart-gunners laid down a hail of bullets.

Allister pushed up behind the third squad, trying to hail the ship with no response gained; meanwhile, the marines were not caring about being in such a compromised situation, they wanted revenger for their fallen comrades, and the sheer intensity of their push put a halt towards their enemies advance.

Finally reaching a junction in the hallway, they had escaped the death trap, behind the four squads was a bloody trail of wounded, dead and mangled bodies—both USCM and what seemed to be CLF.

This was just the start, however, and Allister being the highest-ranked of the men he took charge. Within twelve hours of hard fighting, hallway for hallway, room for room, they reached the control room of the station.

Inside it laid dead USCM support personnel. Executed with a couple of bullets in their chest from some time ago, how long, Allister was not sure of, but, they had regained control of the station.

A few weeks later...

"Allister, you are being reassigned." The Captain's words were warm, yet clear. "Or should I rather have said, Captain Allister of the USS Almayer."

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Reference, Due to work offshore has started again i am unavailable two weeks at a time. But i will be back home tomorrow where i will be playing a lot more command coming forward to those that have not yet seen me in action previosuly
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked through the app. I like all the answers, short, simple and correct.

Story's good.

The guy himself I've seen in command many, many times, especially as SO but I do recall him as XO a few times.

I mean he literally wrote the current ML (which is much better than the old one might I add, fuck DASO)

I think he can obviously be trusted with the WL, +1 from me
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if I get to see the degenerate CO portrait you'll inevitably commission.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    App is good. I'll give a +1 anyway but once you're able to play I'd like to see you XO more if possible. Goodluck!
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ur not shit i guess +1

good app
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're staff, you know what you're doing; I mean you wrote Marine Law as well so a big part of our role play standard is just based off what you've written. As well and I know you're competent in leadership roles.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by BurnedSweetPotato View Post
    i was roleplaying as a spec ops sangheili

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wonder what u spent 700 usd on

+1

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's racist automatic +1

and the man knows his shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best mod on the team; guy is always fair and doesn't fail to see both sides of the story regarding any issue so he can certainly be trusted with ML, like Destrok said.

Answers are concise, not overly detailed, etc. Story is good as well. Only thing is I'd like to see a little more XO from him, but otherwise +1.

Good luck CPT. 700 USD
    Jonathan Hogg/SHP