Byond ID?
    Insertusername

Marine Name
    Lana Wu

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Ada

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Assuming I am alone and get jumped and by a runner while dragging a wounded/dead marine, I can hit back until the runner backs off, after which I am not allowed to give chase.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...UYWw9V7VU/edit

Here it is, hope the link works and thanks for reading.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    They are very literal minded (though they will understand the intent behind orders and act accodingly) and have the emotional depth of sliced bread

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am not particularly fond of playing this role, but I know how to build and repair cades, I know the basics of cade layout, how to build stuff like turrets and custom explosives in the OT workshop, how to fiddle with the wires on doors, how the APC (the power thing) works, I am aware of the necessary aspects of the role in short.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I don't play the command roles often, but I know how to use the overwatch console, how to send stuff the RO puts on the squad pads and fire the OB, call out dead marines, how the overwatch console and helmet cams works, how to message the SL, and set orders . Again, I know of the necessary functions of these roles and how to use them

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I can comfortably say that I am very familiar with the medical role, I know how to quickly fix IB in the field and on the ship, counter ODs/organ damage and identify factures, I am familliar with surgery and chemistry and can do both within a reasonable time scale, I've played as both a medic and a shipside doctor plenty of times and know the ins and outs of both roles.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I have a fair grasp of how requisitions work, I know enough about attachments and marine equipment to dole both out in a reasonable amount of time, I know how to order supplies on the console and how the various squad pads and the echo pad works.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    The long and short of it is that I simply enjoy playing the support roles, and being able to do any and all of the support roles as the marines require has a certain degree of appeal for me. Due to the skills available to synthetics, playing as one would let me provide effective and flexible support as required. (Also I am awful at combat so the combat heavy roels aren't that appealing to me)

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Not that I know of

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've talked in DMs about this application so I'll run through my comments with you.

1. I can vouch for your competency for the three support departments (med, eng and cargo); you are definitely competent at these departments and I advise you keep up the good work during your application process.

2. The quirk is simple and the story shows the quirk well enough and shows you do have understanding of how a Synth talks and acts. There are some grammar issues, such as the lack of periods in some dialogue and some phrases such as " a mechanical sounding clap" or “I shall place the reminder of the enlisted personnel into cryogenic storage once I have confirmed that their condition is stable” that could've been written better but it is still a comprehensible story.

But I do have some concerns for your application, some of which I have discussed with you personally; if you can, answer these questions for me.

1. If command asks you to do something, but the intended meaning is not the same as the literal meaning, what will you do?

2. Can you name any other examples of when Synths can engage in combat?

Currently, I'm very optimistic about your potential as a Synth, so I hope you do not let us down for the time being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    We've talked in DMs about this application so I'll run through my comments with you.

But I do have some concerns for your application, some of which I have discussed with you personally; if you can, answer these questions for me.

1. If command asks you to do something, but the intended meaning is not the same as the literal meaning, what will you do?

2. Can you name any other examples of when Synths can engage in combat?

Currently, I'm very optimistic about your potential as a Synth, so I hope you do not let us down for the time being.
    1, Then I would follow the intent behind the order as opposed to the literal wording of the order

2, Assumming I get cornered and it's unlikely that anyone can intervene, I am allowed to fight back until I can safely escape, the attacker leaves or help arrives

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'll suffice, all has already been said from me before.

+1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, question time.

An officer orders you to man the M56D and gun down the approaching queen, what do you do?

A medic in the chem station line asks for 15u KeloDerm, how do you proceed with making this?

You are an RO, you are alone in req, you've just woken up and someone screams at you to send down supplies, what do you do?

Of all the support roles, which one do you think is most important to be proficient in as a synth?

What is your greatest worry about playing a synth? What do you think will be the issues you will most often come accross?
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Okay, question time.

An officer orders you to man the M56D and gun down the approaching queen, what do you do?

A medic in the chem station line asks for 15u KeloDerm, how do you proceed with making this?

You are an RO, you are alone in req, you've just woken up and someone screams at you to send down supplies, what do you do?

Of all the support roles, which one do you think is most important to be proficient in as a synth?

What is your greatest worry about playing a synth? What do you think will be the issues you will most often come accross?
    1, I would politely decline and tell the officer that I am unable (ICly by programming) to fire the MG nor any firearms for that matter (can't fire the OB, Mortar, Vehicle weapons nor CAS for that matter but that's beside the point).

2, I usually vend 3 bottles of kelo, add them to the BS beaker and then add 40u of Phosphorus and 40u of Oxygen in the chem dispenser, later; in the ChemMaster I would put 120u of Kelo and 120u of Derma in the buffer and make 16 pills comprising of 7.5u of kelo and derma respectively in a 15u pill. If they wanted a more concentrated version, I would make 8 pills but repeat the previous process again until I get 16 pills (15u of Kelo and 15u of derma in a 30u pill).

3, First, I would ask what supplies they require, (mats, meds or ammo), where (coordinates), and ask if the situation at the supply drop zone is stable. As I wait for a reply I will attempt to aquire the necessary supplies or order them from the ASRS (as the situation demands) and listen for additional requests, as the status reports and orders begin steaming (on squad and command comms) in I'll try to assess if the situation is tenable. If it is; I will send the supplies down as soon as it's done, if it isn't and the drop zone seems like it may not hold out in time for the supply drop or if it's likely that the supplies will be lost shortly after it gets dropped, I'll inform command and the SLs that it's simply not safe to send the crate and arrange for a drop in a more defensible postion.

4, I'd say anything that involves the medical system is the most pressing aspect, though it's true that REQ and Engineering are important; treating injured marines, be it at the front or in medbay is usually done on a strict time limit (5 minutes without CPR before they go perma) and has harsher consequences for mistakes you make: you need to know which meds to use and when (or conversely, when not to use them), how to triage to prioritize casualties, which surgeries to preform and how; any mistake you make can and will have a direct impact on the round another player and could make or break it for them, doubly so if they're playing a sought after role like SG or Spec: Not knowing how the medical system works while playing as a synth (a role that gives you an edge over both medics and doctors) makes it a bit of a wasted slot.

5, I would say the thing I worry most about is not being able to live up to expectations, as a synth you have a responsibilty to not only preform a wide variety of support roles but to carry them out well while also upholding a higher standard of RP than what is usually expected of non-whitelisted roles: synths can have a relatively large impact on the flow of a round and a good synth can make the round exponentially better for the marines while also providing RP for those who care for it. The greatest problem I feel I may come accross is that I may make mistakes, be it in terms of gameplay, roleplay or synthetic guidelines, especially in grey or chaotic scenarios where heat of the moment decisions may not be the right or the best ones, and I feel as though I may make a bad call if the situation is overly complex.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good answers, well done, I am satisfied. Nothing else to add.

+1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers, +1 from me!
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the quirk, it provides comedic relief but isn't too over the top. You answered very well to questions asked by my colleagues.

+1, good luck bro.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything checks out, here's a +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.