Byond ID?
    BIgboyyo

Marine Name
    Nathon 'Boeing' Stafford

Other Whitelist Applications
    //showthrea...r-Application; Captain: accepted

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Benedict

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    1. If a marine gets pounced by a lurker and tries to stop me from dragging him back to safety I can attack the lurker until it retreats. If the lurker retreats I am not allowed to chase them to the ends of the earth lest I’d be combat synthing

2. If a Xeno traps me in a corner and is Slashing me I am allowed to fight back in self-defense.

3. If a DS crashes into the almayer, I am perfectly inclined to attack xenomorphs aslong as I don’t ignore my other duties (repairing cades, healing marines, ETC)

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

575 words, I'm not the greatest with stories but please enjoy this short one.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Benedict is a priest unit, he refers to others as brother/sister and is specialized for funerals and burial services. Along with this Benedict is programmed to know the Bible front-to-back and as such will quote it in situations where verses can apply.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Decently Familiar.
    I’m meh with FOB designs but I’m good enough with making defenses for non-FOB areas, other than that I can efficiently Load OB, repair APCs, deconstruct walls, hack vendors/doors, ETC.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Extremely Familiar.
    I’m a whitelisted Captain who’s used the OW console more times than I can count. I can quickly load coords for supply drop/OB, change SLs, and report a marine for insubordination with no issues.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Pretty Familiar.
    I can make general chems (KD, TB, Dex+, IA, ETC) and can do most surgeries from memory. I’m familiar with triage and can reliably perform surgery groundside.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very Familiar.
    I understand how the platform/ordering stuff works and I can vend attachments quick enough to satiate the roundstart attachie wave. I’m fairly good at coordinating supply drops as well.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Synths are cool, also being the ultimate support role sounds really fun along with the RP that being a synth entails.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I'm clean Chief

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No,N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I sincerely promise I won't Dues Vult anyone

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app; answers for support are spot on and I can vouch for most of them (although I need to review your Cargo ability). Synth story is nice and shows quirk, and you have enough combat examples.

Got some questions for you regarding the quirk; reminds me heavily of NoahKirchner's Synth Quincy:

1. There are two marines arguing about which religion is better. You may be a Christian synth, but how will you resolve this situation?

2. A marine orders you to yell "DEUS VULT!", how will you respond?

3. If an officer tells you to shut up with the Bible verses, how will you adapt your quirk to be functional and practical?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    Good app; answers for support are spot on and I can vouch for most of them (although I need to review your Cargo ability). Synth story is nice and shows quirk, and you have enough combat examples.

Got some questions for you regarding the quirk; reminds me heavily of NoahKirchner's Synth Quincy:

1. There are two marines arguing about which religion is better. You may be a Christian synth, but how will you resolve this situation?

2. A marine orders you to yell "DEUS VULT!", how will you respond?

3. If an officer tells you to shut up with the Bible verses, how will you adapt your quirk to be functional and practical?

1. Benedict is programmed to be a Christian synth but has no real qualms with people believing in other religions. However I would try to convince them of the truth of God, if I fail to convince them and then continue to argue which is best I'd just say something along the lines of "Friends, all religions are equal in value, please end this senseless arguing"

2. I'd just reply with "I admire your bravado friend, however, that will go against my programming without a valid reason"

3. if he tells me to totally quit with the bible verses I'd more focus more on saying things like "by gods will we will win the day" or "Gods love resides within us all, please end this conflict between yourselves" instead of saying actual bible verses aswell as focusing more on the "Specialized for funerals" part of the quirck
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didnt capitalize God in your story. Dewhitelisted for blasphemy.

Seriously though I like everything except that you didnt disarm/arrest the CLF. You went straight into stabbing. Not sure I liked that.

This is a kinda strange question but do you have a lot of Bible verses memorized? I think your idea will work.. but only if they are natural to you and not something you have to constantly look up. Otherwise are you just going to stay the same 5 lines over and over?
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    You didnt capitalize God in your story. Dewhitelisted for blasphemy.

Seriously though I like everything except that you didnt disarm/arrest the CLF. You went straight into stabbing. Not sure I liked that.

This is a kinda strange question but do you have a lot of Bible verses memorized? I think your idea will work.. but only if they are natural to you and not something you have to constantly look up. Otherwise are you just going to stay the same 5 lines over and over?
    I'll admit the stabbing was a bit extreme but I do think it's still legal, though In retrospect I should've made it apparent that he couldn't subdue/arrest him. In-game if this situation happened I would definitely try to subdue/arrest rather than outright killing them.

For the question I have a compilation of (currently 11) bible quotes in note-pad, I'm not a very religious person IRL and perfectly reciting bible quotes would be a bit difficult for me so until I can generally memorize them I'll just use my note-pad collection. I will definitely add more and more quotes to it so I don't get stale though, reciting them will eventually become natural for me.
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'll admit the stabbing was a bit extreme but I do think it's still legal, though In retrospect I should've made it apparent that he couldn't subdue/arrest him. In-game if this situation happened I would definitely try to subdue/arrest rather than outright killing them.

For the question I have a compilation of (currently 11) bible quotes in note-pad, I'm not a very religious person IRL and perfectly reciting bible quotes would be a bit difficult for me so until I can generally memorize them I'll just use my note-pad collection. I will definitely add more and more quotes to it so I don't get stale though, reciting them will eventually become natural for me.
    I would get more sooner than later if this is your quirk.

Seems fine to me +1.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The app alright, my only issue is that I don’t really see you in support roles as much, mainly command. In going to have to wait a little until I weigh in my vote.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, It's an interesting quirk indeed. But there's something holding me back from +1 your app. Regarding your story, you already explained what you meant by your synth killing the CLF.

1 - The Map is LV, you're running between Hydro and the container area, consider that the frontline. While dragging a marine back, a lurker pounced on you, what you'd do?

2 - You've been deputized to perform an arrest, what are you allowed to do regarding that? Are you meant to process it?

3 - You understand that some people will actually bully you in-game, right? How'd your Synth react to that?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Well, It's an interesting quirk indeed. But there's something holding me back from +1 your app. Regarding your story, you already explained what you meant by your synth killing the CLF.

1 - The Map is LV, you're running between Hydro and the container area, consider that the frontline. While dragging a marine back, a lurker pounced on you, what you'd do?

2 - You've been deputized to perform an arrest, what are you allowed to do regarding that? Are you meant to process it?

3 - You understand that some people will actually bully you in-game, right? How'd your Synth react to that?

1. If the lurker is at all smart they will either slash the marine or prevent me from dragging them back. This is a textbook example of a synth being able to fight back and as such, If it's actively trying to prevent me from healing the marine I'd attack it until it retreats and I can safely drag the marine back.

2. I've read over Marine Law/Synth guidelines and I don't believe it's stated anywhere that a synth is barred from processing someone, just in case I would try to get an actual MP to process them if one is available

3. Benedict is a robot and as such if marines are spouting anti-christian propaganda or just generally being rude he wouldn't get mad or insult them. Instead, he'd see it as an opportunity to change their minds about God and synths in general. In OOC terms this means I'd just try to RP it out if I have time, there's nothing gained from just ignoring them or breaking character to tell them to stop.
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello friend!

I'm going to -1 your application for synthetic.

I heard players are complaining about your role as Captain because you don't know how it works. Some of them called you a bald CO and i won't mention any names here.

I don't see you as OT, doctor or even as combat engineer so i don't trust you. And you just got accepted as CO and its too quick to apply for another whilelist again.

I can change my vote anytime.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019