0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destrok - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Destrok

Player Name You Use Most?
    Alexander Keys (Command), Manuel Conrad (Marine)

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    - //showthrea...ja-Application (Predator Application. Accepted)
    - //showthrea...ic-Application (Synthetic Application. Accepted)

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No bans on record.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Difference between BE and Execution:
    A regular execution is handled by the MPs with the authorization of the CO, or aCO and CMP. It requires a long checklist of requirements for the execution to be carried out, rights for the prisoner, circumstances where execution can occur, et cetera. It may only be done on prisoners in MP custody who've committed a crime with "Execution" listed as a punishment, or if they are in perma-confinement/1-hour timer.

On the other hand, a Battlefield Execution is a privilege granted exclusively to CO-Whitelist members, that is to say the right isn't extended to aCOs. You need to be a CPT or CDRE to do this.
    A BE allows you to instantly and **personally** (not by proxy) perform a non-jurisdictional execution, by any means available, on a target meeting one of these requirements:

- Threat to Command. Basically most things classified as Sedition - refusing to follow orders outright, undermining CO's orders, et cetera. Challenging the legitimate command structure.
    - Threat to Persons. Threatening (credibly) to do harm, or doing harm to the CO or somebody in his presence.
    - Threat to the Almayer/the Operation. Threatening (credibly) to damage, or damaging parts of the ship, or sabotaging the operation while in the CO's presence.

Additionally, they must NOT BE IN MP CUSTODY. If they're cuffed or being cuffed, you may not BE them. Once it is finished, the execution must be announced within a reasonable timespan, providing the reason and their name and occupation.

How do I view its use:
    To me, the BE is a valuable tool. Rounds in CM are quite short and going through all the work of processing someone and executing them can take a very, very long time. But rounds in CM are quite short. And them being quite short, you simply do not have the time to handle things *legally* all the time. Sometimes, situations crop up where it simply is not viable to go through the whole process, and where someone needs to die, and they need to die fast before some more people end up dying because of it.

MPs can't really deploy to the front and try to take someone away - if they tried that, they'd either get clobbered by the xenos or by the marines themselves. On the other hand, a deployed CO can quite easily simply BE someone who is threatening the operation or other marines.

BEing someone is a big deal. You are, after all, taking some player out of the round, possibly permanently, and these rounds can last hours. This is something that would require rock-solid evidence. It's not something I'd do lightly, but I am not going to be an NPC applicant that claims they'd "never BE someone", because I know I'll end up having to at some point.
    Never will I purposely look to BE someone, but when a situation arises that requires for one, I will not hesitate.

It's worth noting that BEing marines can give marines an excuse to mutiny (and I call it an excuse because we all know marines love to kill Command if they fail to kill Xenos) and should, therefore, not be used liberally.

What circumstances would it be necessary for a BE?:
    Any circumstance where MPs are simply not available within a reasonable timespan according to the situation. For example: if an RO is doing sedition, it would be unreasonable to BE them, because they are ship crew and MPs can simply deal with it easily. However, if a marine is throwing grenades at the front with clear malicious intent, or simply pure retarded negligence, and is killing marines or ruining pushes, there is no time for MPs - they must be executed.
    If someone threatens your life, and is pointing a gun at you or is armed - they're not going to let you call MPs. It's up to you to BE them.

tl;dr: If MPs can be called and can handle the situation in a reasonable timespan, no BE. If time is of the essence in the situation, and inaction would generate negative consequences, possibly endangering the operation, a BE is required.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    In general, Alexander Keys would run the Almayer itself by delegation - he will not get too involved in the affairs of the shipside departments unless his attention is absolutely necessary. I will absolutely RP with people who seek it, but otherwise I'll either deploy to lead the battle or stay in the CIC to give orders relevant to the operation.
    Mostly, I will employ very aggressive tactics, charges and flanks. I will avoid long periods of defense, as I am quite fed up with the FOB meta and anytime I play marine or xeno recently I want to kill myself due to the 1h+ cadehugging bullshit. This isn't to say I won't be defensive - if we get pushed back, I'll recover forces for a while, then attempt a coordinated push. I don't want my rounds to become **stagnant**.
    He will also often interact with the boots of the Almayer as to inspire them. (I've observed positive reactions from PVTs when they get encouraged by a Command figure.)

tl;dr My CO will allow his subordinate commissioned officers to run the Almayer departments as they see fit, unless they fuck up and his attention is necessary. As for the operation itself, he will use aggressive tactics over defensive ones and I will try to keep my rounds within the 60m-120m timespan to the best of my ability.

Insubordinate Requisitions:
    Should an RO refuse to supply drop at a certain location where ordered, or is otherwise insubordinate, I will first warn him over the radio. Should he still remain insubordinate, I will head down in person and give him an ultimatum.
    Should he fail once again, I will have him arrested and assign one of the CTs as an aRO. Should there be no CTs, either the Synth must take over, or I will assign my XO to Req.

Situations with insubordinate Req must be dealt with very quickly due to their importance in logistics and supply. If Req isn't working - the operation is lost.

Insubordinate Engineering:
    Pretty much the same as the Req scenario. If they fail to follow orders, give them two warnings then have them arrested, and shift their department's structure accordingly. Engineering is nowhere as important as Req, so this isn't too high priority unless they're inciting a mutiny.

Insubordinate Military Police:
    MPs and the CMP are not allowed to disobey legal command orders. Regardless, I prefer to handle stuff ICly, so I will give them one chance to correct themselves, then have them arrested and fax the Provost about it.

Insubordinate Command Staff:
    I would hold my Command staff to a way higher standard than any other, and they are also very dangerous if insubordinate - they have the tools to incite mutinies, blow up all the marines, etc.
    They won't get any chances - if found directly going against my orders, I will immediately order their arrest.

Mind you, in all above situations, I would still hear their side of the story, if there was one. For example, if an SL was ordering against me, telling his marines to fall back when I ordered a push, I'd ask *why*, as they have a better overview of the general situation on the ground than I do. I am not infallible nor omniscient, and at the end of the day we're all humans, none of us are truly above one another in any way. I've been powertripped over a lot myself so I don't want to make people feel like I'm going full dictator mode on their ass.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    ICly: A Commander is the pinnacle of the ship's command structure. He runs his ship, through either micromanagement or delegation, and makes sure everyone has their orders and executes them to the best of their ability.
    They lead and inspire, they make sure every gear in the USCM war machine is spinning the right way and they may even lead by example if they deploy.
    He is the supreme authority on Marine Law on the ship, as long as HC or the Provost aren't involved. He must coordinate all the marines and crew of the Almayer to complete their objective.
    You give a briefing, you give starting orders, you sort out CIC, you receive information from the ground and you return pertinent orders.

OOCly: A CO player is, by far, one of the most important jobs on the server, alongside the Xeno Queen. You are in charge of, not just 100ish people on the USCM side, but basically the flow of the entire round, in which up to 200 people play for several hours at a time. Some people might say that Command is irrelevant, and that you don't need to follow orders - and they're partially right. This is not a milsim game, nor is it HRP, nor is this an RTS. But there are a lot of marines who look to Command for guidance, and wherever most marines are, the front is. You have a lot of tools at your disposal, and you have a lot of responsibilities.

To me, in short, the job of a CO is to make the round fun. Not to win. Too many fucking times have I seen people so thirsty for a win that they'd hide in an FOB for 4 hours farming out a nuke. That they stick to the same meta-strategies every time, and any deviation from them is met with a mutiny. This isn't to say that you should do completely unorthodox or "wacky" strategies, but honestly the same routine on each map gets very, very boring.

And even more boring than that is four-hour long rounds. This is one of the main things I wish to prevent as a CO. I don't want my marines hiding in an FOB all round. It does not make for fun gameplay, only for a win. The longer a round goes on, the less fun it is. The lag goes up, the decisive players who could end the stalemate die. It's a vicious cycle and I absolutely despise it.

tl;dr. A CO does whatever he can to make the round as fun as possible for as many people playing it as he can.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    - Add an overwatch function to the Comms Console.
    - Shorten announcement CD to 30s or 15s cooldown for tablet and console.
    - Spawn MedHUDs in CIC, at least 4.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I think that too many COs these days play exclusively for a win and the privilege of being able to post MARINE MAJOR LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO in #last-round-chat. This leads to them following the optimal meta - that being super-defensive play and nukefarming. I think being defensive and playing for DEFCON have their places, but honestly I've played too much marine and xeno to enjoy this bullshit anymore. This problem would most easily be solved by a dev-change regarding objectives as a win-condition, but that's far out I presume, so I want to do whatever I can to fix the problem from a player's position. I want the rounds to be fun.

Most command orders are the same thing these days. Don't believe me?

LV-624. Bravo, FOB LZ1. Charlie, fix engineering then "scout" to Hydro. Delta, "scout" to Hydro. Alpha, "scout" to Hydro.

I'm not going to pull out retarded wacky tactics out of my ass, but I am going to try to shake things up and have the marines try to do things such as flanks. This is extraordinarily difficult from CIC, so I will probably be found deploying often to lead by example.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before anyone else brings it up, I've been playing XO quite a bit and will continue to do so for a while.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get this man his triple chungus whitelist collection role +1

Alexander Keys has been in the CIC a LOT lately, and Manuel 'Juan Lopez' Conrad is a competent marine on top.

Destrok isn't a shitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Strok isn't one to easily forsake the rules of a WL or any of it's foundations on roleplay; see his other two WL's as proof. Not much to say here-- Destrok just posted a more-than-adequate application and his intentions with the CO role to shake up cadehugging/nukefarming are admirable. +1
    Jonathan Hogg/SHP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player and can RP.

Just give it to him +1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had him as XO, gave him reddit gold for great commanding while I was busy doing my quirk of being useless on the ship

+1

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy's got a clean record and knows what he's doing. With two whitelists already accepted, I don't think there's any room for doubt that he'll be a great Captain. I loved the story and I've played with him many times as both my superior and fellow LT. OMEGABEAST.

+1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the better SL's, have not seen you personally as XO to much but its been a long time coming, +1
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's competent in the CIC, and I know he wouldn't abuse his privileges. That's really all I could ask for.

+1

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the +1s flow. BUT FIRST I MUST ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS! ARE YOU READY TO TAME THE BEAST THAT IS MARINE LAW???

WHEN WOULD YOU PARDON SOMEONE???

A marine kills Jones, then gets arrested by an MP. He asks you for an appeal. WHAT DO YOU DO??? DO YOU PARDON HIM INSTEAD PERHAPS???

It it just you and the XO in CIC. The XO gets arrested for FFP because he was wearing gym shorts. HE IS THE ONLY CIC STAFF OTHER THAN YOU. You don't recognize his name and he seems bald. What do ya do?

Bonus points: What would you do if you had average of 600 ping in the above question. (That is super bad lag)

An commodore comes to the Almayer for an event, they are from another ship ICly (Like, for l0re). Remember, commodores are on the council. They order the arrest of the CO for NoD because the CO isn't doing too good. You are the CO. What do you do?

LAST question! Can you let marines deploy Wilkerson style?
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: