User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Destrok - Commander Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Let the +1s flow. BUT FIRST I MUST ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS! ARE YOU READY TO TAME THE BEAST THAT IS MARINE LAW???

WHEN WOULD YOU PARDON SOMEONE???
    I would pardon someone had they committed a major crime, but are required for the operation to progress and the crime is otherwise something silly. Pardons aren't to be used liberally since they will make marines think they do not need to follow ML, but if a spec is arrested for accidentally firing off his gun in briefing or something, and we're short on manpower, yes, I will pardon him. There is no reason to pardon for minor crimes when it can simply be turned into an NJP.

A marine kills Jones, then gets arrested by an MP. He asks you for an appeal. WHAT DO YOU DO??? DO YOU PARDON HIM INSTEAD PERHAPS???
    No, I can't really. TECHNICALLY, due to a certain clause in ML, Jones has the full rights of a marine. And if Jones was, indeed, with full evidence, murdered by this marine, it is technically a capital crime and cannot be pardoned in normal circumstances. I am still required to hear out this appeal.

It it just you and the XO in CIC. The XO gets arrested for FFP because he was wearing gym shorts. HE IS THE ONLY CIC STAFF OTHER THAN YOU. You don't recognize his name and he seems bald. What do ya do?

Bonus points: What would you do if you had average of 600 ping in the above question. (That is super bad lag)
    Order the timer sentence to get made into an NJP of the MPs' choosing. Tell the XO to knock it the fuck off, talk some sense into him and continue the operation, trying to teach him the ropes as we go. Should he be critically stupid, I can handle the CIC myself. Lag would not change my decision.

An commodore comes to the Almayer for an event, they are from another ship ICly (Like, for l0re). Remember, commodores are on the council. They order the arrest of the CO for NoD because the CO isn't doing too good. You are the CO. What do you do?
    He can't. CO has arrest immunity and may only be arrested with permission from High Command. As the Captain of the Almayer, I still have the final say on ML enforcement on my ship. But I am still outranked by the CDRE, and must follow legal orders from him.

However I doubt that I would ever be in a position to be arrested for NOD, so I will simply avoid incompetence altogether. Should he get permission to arrest me from HC, then I've clearly fucked up.

LAST question! Can you let marines deploy Wilkerson style?
    Assuming "Wilkerson style" is wearing nothing at all, not even an uniform and only carrying a shotgun, boots, a helmet and your ID; in theory, yes, in practice, no.

I've looked through all the documentation available to me on ML (https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marine_Law and https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Standard_Operating_Procedure).

In theory, uniforms and etc fall within the modifiable section of SOP. In practice, you also require a proper reason for the modification and for it to, you know, make sense.

I would never authorize deployment without an uniform, but I may authorize deployment without armour since some people just like playing that way.
    Last edited by Destrok; 06-01-2020 at 10:27 PM.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok yeah sure its not like you play wls anyway...

+1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Assuming "Wilkerson style" is wearing nothing at all, not even an uniform and only carrying a shotgun, boots, a helmet and your ID; in theory, yes, in practice, no.

I've looked through all the documentation available to me on ML (https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marine_Law and https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Standard_Operating_Procedure).

In theory, uniforms and etc fall within the modifiable section of SOP. In practice, you also require a proper reason for the modification and for it to, you know, make sense.

I would never authorize deployment without an uniform, but I may authorize deployment without armour since some people just like playing that way.
    Actually, according to SOP: "The Captain may not authorize an SOP change for uniform regulations to allow personnel to deploy without clothes or a lack of uniform."

They updated it. However, everything else was good.

Just watch out for MPs who try to trip you up. MPs are supposed to be loyal to the CO but that seriously means nothing, and HC WILL approve your arrest over anything.

Overall, +1, good answers, good player.
    Last edited by Fortelian; 06-01-2020 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to add +1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had Destrok as my XO and SO multiple times, he's always willing to take the initiative and can quickly change the outcome of a round, OOC and IC he's a great guy, and someone who can definitely hold the standards of the WL.

He's got my +1
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for your support, I won't let you down. Beasts
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything checks out. +1 from me.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your app, I like your story, I like your answers to Fortelian's questions, and it looks to me like you've got a lot of community backing on you.

And you do great in command too. Would love to see you as CO in the future.

Just remember to make sure you're regularly up to speed with SOP and stuff, and you'll be dandy.

+1 from me!
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out standing Application and plenty of time as XO and is capable of holding his own in CIC an easy +1 from me Glory to the USCMC !
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah its gonna be a +1 from me chef

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to thank everyone in the thread once again for your valuable feedback, you are all beasts
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome