User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Destrok - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly you are kind of a conceited asshole ICly, what else can I say?

You don't play XO at all really, nor have you touched MP or CMP!!!

That being said your story is ok.

So

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Honestly you are kind of a conceited asshole ICly, what else can I say?

You don't play XO at all really, nor have you touched MP or CMP!!!

That being said your story is ok.

So

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not an asshole

I play XO

I have played MP and know ML

sorry you feel that way mr swagbag.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Destrok; 06-03-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna need give you a +.5 due to Swagbag's very informative post. I haven't seen you order a single FOB holdout until the xenos all have died of old age, nor have I seen you teach the marines the importance of SUPPRESSIVE FIRE, or even shown them where the evac pods are so they can evacuate the almayer after 8 xenos hijack the dropship and crash into the tank bay, gibbing the 120 marines that evacuated at 12:45.

For real though, big +1. Destrok is an ultra gamer, plays both xeno and marine quite a lot, and genuinely cares ab out game balance and making sure that everyone can have fun.

I'll ask the same question I have asked most CO applicants;

Can you give me an example of a non-meta plan that you will use on a map? For example, something different than "Alpha Scout, Bravo FOB LZ1, Charlie Scout, Delta Hydro" on LV, or "Everyone go northeast" on Trijent Dam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Can you give me an example of a non-meta plan that you will use on a map? For example, something different than "Alpha Scout, Bravo FOB LZ1, Charlie Scout, Delta Hydro" on LV, or "Everyone go northeast" on Trijent Dam.
    Sure. For LV:

Alpha: Scout the river flow and inform of gaps in the fog, do not push.

Bravo: FOB LZ2.

Charlie: Sweep the central and eastern parts of the colony in a clockwise fashion.

Delta: Sweep the western part of the colony and its domes.

This plan should be enough to keep most of them entertained while the fog clears or whatever.

Once it dissipates, send all 3 frontline squads to Inflatables and West Barrens, and order a push into the West Caves with the APC/Tank.

It's a simple plan but not used very often. The meat grinder at C. Barrens and 151, 171 gets really boring, and the western part of LV is under utilized.

If they face difficulties in West I can order a flank via the C. Barrens Central/West cave entrance from Containers.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Sure. For LV:

Alpha: Scout the river flow and inform of gaps in the fog, do not push.

Bravo: FOB LZ2.

Charlie: Sweep the central and eastern parts of the colony in a clockwise fashion.

Delta: Sweep the western part of the colony and its domes.

This plan should be enough to keep most of them entertained while the fog clears or whatever.

Once it dissipates, send all 3 frontline squads to Inflatables and West Barrens, and order a push into the West Caves with the APC/Tank.

It's a simple plan but not used very often. The meat grinder at C. Barrens and 151, 171 gets really boring, and the western part of LV is under utilized.

If they face difficulties in West I can order a flank via the C. Barrens Central/West cave entrance from Containers.
    Yeah that's a pretty solid plan. Very few people actually bother using the west caves, even though it's super easy to flank the entire hive via the caves, and I am pretty sure the tank can go rather far into the west caves. It's good to know there will be more COs interested in trying to break this dull meta we're in.

How would you stop people from being absolutely retarded and pushing the east/central fog gaps? Nobody really bothers with the west one since it's not near hydro, and the NPC programming for marines doesn't allow them to move west on LV once they get to the Hydro dome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Yeah that's a pretty solid plan. Very few people actually bother using the west caves, even though it's super easy to flank the entire hive via the caves, and I am pretty sure the tank can go rather far into the west caves. It's good to know there will be more COs interested in trying to break this dull meta we're in.

How would you stop people from being absolutely retarded and pushing the east/central fog gaps? Nobody really bothers with the west one since it's not near hydro, and the NPC programming for marines doesn't allow them to move west on LV once they get to the Hydro dome.
    Well, some things can't be stopped. I think the easiest way is to deploy and spam megaphone and tablet orders to get them where I want. Abusing CAS to keep those gaps impassable could work. But really if I just get the bulk of them to push west, which from LZ2 should be easier to pull off. I don't want to be as drastic as to OB hydro like I know you like to do, since it'd probably stir up a mutiny from retards. Simply tell the RO to drop mats only at FOB. The FOB being so close to the front wouldn't require an "outpost" like Hydro, only for Corp and Robotics to be secure, as well as some bulky defenses against Secdome and West.

But sadly it's mostly up to SL and regulars quality that round, as well as gap RNG.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah give this man his whitelist already.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good lad, +1
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just give this man his god damn whitelist collection. If anyone deserves it it's him.

+1
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have reviewed your application and have been observing you in-game a lot.

You are a competent command player that provides more fun and roleplay to the rounds. I have no doubts about your command and MP experience.

Your answers to the community and the application are all correct and above the average, I have enjoyed reading them.
    As for the story, it shows to me how you intend to play as a Captain and how you will act in-game.

This is a POSITIVE vote. Your promotion phase is almost complete, Kommandant Keys.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635