User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staff Report - x31stOverlord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have been an SO(eric castle) for the round in question. I was SO for 2 of these rounds, one ending with me dieing in his office while they ditched me and got in the escape pod during a crash landing. Of the two rounds that I was a staff officer I didnt notice any round type disruption visible from my end that would have changed the overall op. At least within the sphere of CIC it wasnt noticeable. I cant speak on rule breaks or what else occurred because I dont have knowledge of it. Im guessing I missed the nation state part because I didnt see a high command response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the OT, and CT prior to the rounds before the ban took place (during the early stages of the "shop"), and during the two mutinies against CO Conner as both roles, and Windhealer being CL.

We've formed somewhat of a nation states (cause we all signed a paper) before the round that he got banned in, and was approved of a legit mutiny, not once, but twice from different staff members prior.

Previous knowledge of a round prior to the incident in question that led to a ban should not be considered as a means to justifiably punish someone that has been approved, not once, but twice, by another member of the staff team, and OOC to ICly speaking against someone that is on the staff team themselves (i.e Conner)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I forgot to add this in (since I can't edit posts; so a staff member should add this as a PS to my previous edition to compress the thread), I was the one who created the shop in the picture, and the rounds before.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also like to add, and im sure the CO bill can attest to this but it was understood that while the MP's were ordered to stay out of my office, they still had orders to investigate any major crimes. And that any marines who left the office space intoxicated would be arrested as a breach of that rule, really the "micronation" was just a scheme to let us do some light gun running and drug selling, both of which are not "antagonistic" but rather sneaky avenues for profit for a CL to pursue. I would like to point out the dozens of cases where CL's will treat marines as PMC's, disrupting the round with shenanigans and hoarding marine equipment where they are not called out for self antagging. As defined on the CL wiki page

"Furthermore, undertaking antagonistic objectives without being explicitly told to by Weston-Yamada will get you banned or job banned. This is known as "self antagging", and it's a big no-no. Remember that your goal shouldn't be to hinder the marines unless the company says otherwise, because they are serving your interests."

Yes it is true I did not get told by weston yamada to do anything, but I also did not undertake anything that hindered the marines, and overlord never pointed out a way that I was. Literally all we were doing was having fun as players, still doing our roles (besides anderson all the marines were deploying and doing their thing planetside). Theirs an obvious disconnect between staff and the playerbase as to what "RP" is, you obviously want the game to be pushed in a more milsim direction like baystation while the vast majority of the playerbase either doesen't care or roleplays to have enjoyment within a sci fi 80s action movie-esque setting. You are actively HURTING you server and community by stomping down on harmless player fun, an example of this would be the "no sports before briefing" rule that you guys put into effect when I was doing boxing matches pre brief, under the false assumption that my boxing matches were delaying drop. This was despite the fact that my boxing matches had never delayed drop, and it was simply a knee jerk reaction to us having harmless enjoyment as marine players, thankfully this rule was changed but only after I kicked up a big stink about in discord and explained how jumped the gun it was.

I believe that overlord has assumed I was going to use this micronation idea as a pretense to a mutiny, even though the captain was literally on our WY comms. This was NEVER the intention with it, It was never the intention to mutiny before as CL, but on rounds with anderson as CO it simply happened as a result of me and anderson RPing with eachover. Overlord has seen these 2 mutinies and gone "Windhealer is clearly going out of his way to self antag", and I think this has biased his judgement on this round, a round where if I am not mistaken he was not even present for until he came on to ban me. And is it really so LRP for WY to hire a "tribal warrior" as their CL, in a universe where HEFA knights are a canon organisation?? This is not a serious setting, and trying to force this OOC milsim onto it is ridiculous, especially when the situation had been resolved in a fun RP way by forest, who I think should be commended for actually putting in the effort (while overlord has admitted, that he actively does not put in effort when it comes to replying to faxes made by characters he doesent like).

When every player involved enjoyed my CLing, or was indifferent to it, and the only people who actively hated it are a few staff members, then I think that speaks volumes to the disconnect that is happening here. If you embraced player driven gameplay and emergent storytelling more (both core aspects of SS13) then I guarantee the server would be a more enjoyable place, and staff would not be considered the anti fun police that is such a strong sentiment amongst the players right now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and again I apologise for the "Space Chiefs mad" fax or my apparent lack of discussion with overlord while ingame (also let it be known that their was some crossover between overlord DMing me and forest doing his HC event, and I was focused on the latter), but I dont think this should be spun into my CL ban which I feel is whats being done. I rightfully got a 3 hour ban for being a smartass and poor sport about it, and it was a product of my frustration. But it was still stupid and not something I would do again. As half of overlords reply is talking about that yet none of it is about me self antagonising, which correct me if im wrong, but self antagging is the major crime committed by a CL player (its even bolded out on the wiki page). As for how my "micronation" doesent fit in the setting, the setting is a place where corporations have armies of mercenaries, own their own planets, pull the strings of the military and pursue in human experimentation. My micronation was literally just a legal scheme to allow me to drink and sell booze, rare guns and drugs aboard the ship, whats more weston yamada than that?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry for the spam of replies, if a staff wants to add all of my comments together into one post thatd be nice to keep the thread concise. I forget things that I was gonna write halfway through writing them and basically im lost without a edit button aha

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a reminder that this is not a thread to add your thoughts and opinions on the round. Unless you have information to provide directly relevant to the specific incident(s) reported that have not otherwise been said and are not your opinions but instead factual information please don't comment on this thread or you may receive forum infractions.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Honor Guard SL Terran in the game. Since there is a dispute as to whether CL's intentions were self antag or not, I will state what I have mostly confiscated or seen at the CL's office.

The CL had in possession:
    -2 opened crates full of contraband, such as Mats and especially Uranium(I cant confirm all the items in the crate cause there was too many and I was just playing part of the role of taking a Uranium crate out, so I didnt check)
    -Empty racks, but I am unsure about the racks in his bedroom since I arrived late and cannot witness any actual contraband on it
    -2 Booze-o-Mat vendors (And possibly one more vendor)
    -Lots of Alcohol(CL's table is full of them)
    -Lots of Motion Detectors
    -Flashbang
    -The safe had pistols and assault rifles in it
    -A USCM Logo
    -Lots of small items lying everywhere

In terms of weaponry, the only weapons found were the ones, in my own eyes, the safe and the ones carried by the Survivors and Marines who I assumed were 'Citizens of Windgornia'.

If anything, the CL's office looks more like a Bar with a lot of racks and materials lying everywhere. It was a mess.

At the time when I said we confiscated 80% of the materials, the unconfiscated ones were one Booze-o-Mat vendor which I was holding, the MDs, the Alcohol on the CL's table, and all the racks and some minor stuffs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I would like to add that the Citizens of Windgornia and the CL were corporative with us and surrendered everything to us without a fight. The CL didnt fight us or block us or anything. The only one who is a trigger happy maniac was the CMP who tossed a lot of Flashbangs into the CL's office. The CL wasnt being very antagonistic to us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mkay. This one has probably sat long enough, and I've read enough of this round and both the previous and subsequent couple of rounds where you did this sort of thing. Generally I follow sort of a bullet style format when resolving reports and don't see much of a reason not to in this situation.

Over the courses of these rounds you stole a bunch of items. I do not believe that is self antaging. Though I can certainly see why it may have been thought it was. Minor scale theft is left in character for the most part. There are some situations where it is not though. For instance stealing essential gear or something like parts for the communication tower. The other big red flag is if a person is purposefully breaking the same part of marine law over an over again, we tend to sit up and take notice. It happens with small things. For example a marine breaking every single window on the ship. I believe that is what happened here. But the context is the important part is what you "stole." Booze, carpets, small items from the colony, and guns from the colony. What it breaks down to is that you were not stealing directly from marines. There may have been an item or two that I overlooked, picking up something doesn't get logged, but for the most part it was mostly innocuous items. So I dont exactly call this antag behavior.

If you (and this goes for those reading this too) want to do something off the cuff or way of the beaten path, ahelp it first. A lot of talk has been about faxes. And quite frankly. Faxes are very easy to miss as staff. They make an audible beep once, there is a small text log, and then for the most part they are forgotten amidst a sea of other logs. Ahelps are big loud and obnoxious.

The next part of this report is the question "Is this LRP?" This is both a Yes and a No.
    As CL opening up a shop and selling thing to marines. Or at least attempting to sell things. I'm not sure if many things were actually sold. Thats fine. Its a little odd sure, but its something that could be reasonably done.
    Just about everything you did was RP'd out. You didnt start wordlessly grabbing things. Responses to questions were more than one word grunts or explanations. Things were acted out.

Announcing you are now the sovereign nation of Windgonia. Yeah that one is definitely LRP. Was it the focus of your interactions that round? No. It was there mostly as an aside. It wasnt anywhere near the main driving point of your RP But here is the thing. Its a lot like the story of the boy who cried wolf. When you are playing the same character a lot you build up a reputation. Sometimes its a reputation for good things. "If you talk to this guy, he will talk back to you." Thats a reputation you earn among players and a great one to have. But the reputation you earn with staff is generally for the bad things a player does, for the things that staff has to handle. "Remember when they ordered marines to kill MPs/players." "Did they just ritualistically sacrifice a guy?" "This dude barely speaks english." "Scalpball." Thats what you get remembered for. Every time you do the gimmick it adds more an more weight to it. So I can definitely see why when someone gets told about it they roll their eyes and go "Oh more scalpball type shit. Again."
    But. Thats not really what happened here. This wasnt "Scalpball. Again." We talked fairly extensively and privately. One of the things you asked was. If I had done this this thing without the tribal gimmick would it have been ok. And the answer was yes. It would have been fine. The problem is that the gimmick does not fit the setting. We are not a generic "future space" server. We are an Alien (the movie) themed setting. A sacrifice making, spear carting tribal would not be a Captain. Or a Mid level Corporate Executive. They pretty much would not exist in the setting.
    But again we talked about that in length privately. And I think that is pretty well handled already.

The long and short of it is this. You were not self antaging. True, you were doing your own thing. And it looked like self antaging. But it wasnt being a detriment to the operation. It was barely an aside to the operation. And just so we are clear, doing it several times in a row sure didnt help things. At all. While your gimmick doesnt fit, you were not really being LRP as far as your actual RP goes. What you did was RP'd out, with yourself and others that you interacted with. Was you declaring yourself the nation of Widigonia a step too far? Yeah. So I see why the ban happened and I sure dont fault Overlord for placing it. But at the same time was it more than a few passing comments? No not really. But if it was just the LRP thing and not the self antaging, I do not believe you would have been banned from CL.

In light of that I am going to remove your note and the CL ban and add a link to this report in your notes. I firmly believe that there will be no further issues. This is the hard way out. Dont make me regret taking it.