User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Staff Officer mains, how do you play the role so often?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    know the squad your playing
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    snip
    Its not about SOs as a whole, its about SO mains. SO is a job that is boring, but requires a lot of mundane tasks where you have to relay info and orders. Kinda like transport PO, but SO also gives some power. And thats what attracts certain people, just as the same power attracted Rex Texas to being MP main.

There is nothing fun about being SO, you deploy, or die out of mundane boredom (or ERP in CIC, but shhhhhhh, only one could wonder why Jones cries and doesn't sleep at night).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    overwatch is like watching a stream bro it's funny most of da times. plus you're not only there to watch or beg to deploy, you're also supposed to coordinate between squads and aid the CO on strategical decisions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, It's a difficult balance, especially for a role that you only really play when you are a.) not confidant enough to play XO (Like Me), or b.) need playtime in command for your whitelist (Also Like Me). Also, it's interesting how so much potential to fuck everything up is given to such a boring role.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DekoToast View Post
    Also, it's interesting how so much potential to fuck everything up is given to such a boring role.
    This is your lieutenant speaking, confirming good hits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a mixed bag. IF you have an XO and a CO who cant help but litterally scream over the squads comms the exact same shit you just said then its pointless. So for COs and XOs who cant let their SOs play their role, then if fucking sucks and its pointless. If the RO is missing and other shipside positions are out it sucks and everyone hates you for not getting supply drops. If you relay the captains orders and the squad doesnt like them youre a moron and incomp at your job. Actually like 90% of the time its blows total ass. However, when you have a good CO and XO who let you do your job, RO is actually real and comp, and you have a good squad leader you can work accurate OBs with. Thats the shit. To bad it almost never happens.

The role matters, for smooth operations you really need 2 people on overwatch and leader position. 4 staff officers is usually overkill. However I can tell you that being the only SO in CiC with a single CO or single XO can be pretty demanding. Armies can only go as far as the supply lines right? Well, youre the guy that pushes the button that sends the supplies.

When you do have 4 staff officers and every overwatch is handled you have a couple options. You can request to deploy and almost certainly get the go ahead. Then youre marine++ with a tac shotty and better armor. If not you can always just leave CiC and help deal with other issues. You are an officer and not that many others outrank you. Sometimes if the CL is being a shitter I like to go check out what hes doing, maybe try to join in. Or sound the alarm if its way to wild.
    Last edited by antrixx; 06-02-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO is awesome when you get along with your squad. Some of my favorites rounds in CM were as delta SO when I was working towards the CO whitelist. Bullshitting with the squad and vaguely guiding the murderball was a blast. It sucks shit when nobody talks though

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand it myself either. BUT we also have people who voluntarily play RO and I would rather throw myself down the Req hole than play Req for more than 2minutes.

Some people are just insane.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I dont understand it myself either. BUT we also have people who voluntarily play RO and I would rather throw myself down the Req hole than play Req for more than 2minutes.

Some people are actually good on support roles. I am a example of it. I will suck playing ANY COMBAT Role, however, put me on mortar or put me on CAS to see how effective i am.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post

In fact. Look all my Medals. They are all from support roles.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: