User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One hit, one kill

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One hit, one kill

So this started recently, where the xeno hits you one time in the chest and you're dead, 50 oxy, bye bye if you're alone/survivor. Basically, I've encountered this 2 times.

1. I was a marine, wearing light armor and having full, 100% health. The xenos were SE LZ1, so I decided to flank from Hydro through cargo and get some flamethrower kills. Anyways, I see a crusher, flame him and he hits me ONCE and flings away. I start to get the black screen of death and collapsing, having 50+ oxy damage. One hit to the chest and I'm dead, I got dragged after by a lurker.

2. I was playing as survivor on LV, went with another surv to get the MedVendor and I decided to go take the booze vendor and make molotovs. Anyways, the guy was fighting a spitter and we kill it. He was a little bit wounded and we were going to LZ2, as there was a warrior at TCOMMs. Mr. Runner comes, slashes me once, I PB it with my sawn off and it dies. Nanoseconds after, my screen gets darker and I collapse with the other guy and we get captured. Do note that I had a laser tag armor.

So, my question is, who came up with the idea to make marines collapse after one hit? And why did you come up with it? Or is it just lucky RNG, in that case, please remove this, it requires no skill and gibaliba luck to do this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladwhy View Post
    So this started recently, where the xeno hits you one time in the chest and you're dead, 50 oxy, bye bye if you're alone/survivor. Basically, I've encountered this 2 times.

1. I was a marine, wearing light armor and having full, 100% health. The xenos were SE LZ1, so I decided to flank from Hydro through cargo and get some flamethrower kills. Anyways, I see a crusher, flame him and he hits me ONCE and flings away. I start to get the black screen of death and collapsing, having 50+ oxy damage. One hit to the chest and I'm dead, I got dragged after by a lurker.

2. I was playing as survivor on LV, went with another surv to get the MedVendor and I decided to go take the booze vendor and make molotovs. Anyways, the guy was fighting a spitter and we kill it. He was a little bit wounded and we were going to LZ2, as there was a warrior at TCOMMs. Mr. Runner comes, slashes me once, I PB it with my sawn off and it dies. Nanoseconds after, my screen gets darker and I collapse with the other guy and we get captured. Do note that I had a laser tag armor.

So, my question is, who came up with the idea to make marines collapse after one hit? And why did you come up with it? Or is it just lucky RNG, in that case, please remove this, it requires no skill and gibaliba luck to do this.
    I cannot allow you to exaggerate the feather that is a runners slash. Dying to a crusher is understandable for one you tried to be it with a flamethrower...seriously? And as a survivor well I cant give you statstics on slash dmg against laser tag armor but I have a feeling that they got a couple of shots in and you just bleed out from their. As a survivor if you arent randevuing with other survivors or hiding in a closet your in the wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its called funny organ damage and its pure RNG

basically what happens is a xeno hitting you, winning a lottery and giving you heart damage which equals oxy coma

was happening way more often pre-moba with random slash crits being a thing

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me when I get one-slashed significant BD through a helmet and none of the bald-ass medics are carrying IA.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninshu View Post
    I cannot allow you to exaggerate the feather that is a runners slash. Dying to a crusher is understandable for one you tried to be it with a flamethrower...seriously? And as a survivor well I cant give you statstics on slash dmg against laser tag armor but I have a feeling that they got a couple of shots in and you just bleed out from their. As a survivor if you arent randevuing with other survivors or hiding in a closet your in the wrong.
    >me being a survivor main be like

Anyways, I don't really like getting 1 shotted by XX runner just because he won the RNG lottery, idk about y'all but it's kinda cringe..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RNG combat is shit. RNG Damage where you can be hit 15 times with only minor injuries, but simultaneously get one hit KO’d, is shit. There’s no such thing as tactics when everything is a gamble.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    RNG combat is shit. RNG Damage where you can be hit 15 times with only minor injuries, but simultaneously get one hit KO’d, is shit. There’s no such thing as tactics when everything is a gamble.
    There's a TF2 video called "Remove Random Crits From TF2" that can basically be applied to how RNG damage/organ breaks works in CM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember being instantly blinded from shotgun FF once. That was fun. Walked around for like 5 mins before I found someone with IA
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    I remember being instantly blinded from shotgun FF once. That was fun. Walked around for like 5 mins before I found someone with IA
    I was playing medic and we landed. A marine was cutting weeds with a machette and accidently clicked me. He chopped my leg off in one swing.

We were deployed roughly 40 seconds.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    There's a TF2 video called "Remove Random Crits From TF2" that can basically be applied to how RNG damage/organ breaks works in CM.
    Uncle Dan is a very good CM man.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020