Ray 'Soap' Sandys
    Their BYOND Key
    50Remandcounting
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    3:00 AM EST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    So I was a doctor and it seems a runner evolved on the Almayer. It was code red and everyone, including me, told the CMO to open the shutters on comms. He was nowhere to be found. I'm going back and forth from the Operating Rooms to the Armory to see if I can get my self-defense weapon, but it was still closed. Asked the other docs and researchers if they saw the CMO, nothing. He wasn't responding on comms, but after a looong while, he comes in Medbay. I tell him to open the shutters, which he said he will, but in here comes Mr. Runner and starts attacking everyone. CMO gets fucked, I barely survive, leaving the CAS PO on internals in the Operating Room. After we get healed up, I curse at him and tell him how stupid he was and CMO FINALLY goes and opens the shutters, just to hear that the runner is dead. Anyways, we get back to the main lobby in Medbay and I told him something along the lines "That runner was killing everyone and you were jerking off instead of opening those shutters!". So, 50rem got angry, PMed me to stop arguing with the CMO, so I did. Now I see I got a note for "18+ remarks".

Now, "jerking off", in my opinion, is not an 18+ thing, as you know, not going to go into detail. Also, my note says "lashed out at the CMO repeatedly in an excessively hostile manner over a relatively minor issue". See how it says "minor issue". No, it's a major issue, as the CMO indirectly made us get pranked by a runner, cause all we had was a surgical knife and scissors to fight him, which deal no damage, so I consider cursing at him a valid punishment, in real life I THINK he would get fired... and imprisoned.
    Evidence
    Logs, also the entire note is: "Warned for Rule 3, 2 and mild Rule 1 - As a doctor, lashed out at the CMO repeatedly in an excessively hostile manner over a relatively minor issue, making multiple 18+ remarks, threatening to murder him and spam salting about it ICly by saying his sentences word for word. Told the player this is excessive behavior for such kinds of issues. by 50remandcounting (Moderator) on 2020-05-28 03:03:24"
    How you would punish the accused
    Tell him what to consider "minor issue", as this was, actually, a major one. Also, remove my note.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10. Reports may only be made for violations that have occurred within 48 hours of when it had taken place. Anything beyond that is null and void, and also you may only make a report for violations in that time frame. No reports or evidence making allegations of protocol violations going beyond that time frame will be accepted. Old notes where you believe the staff member in question incorrectly enforced a rule cannot be staff reported if it is beyond the 48 hour mark

However for clarification calling someone a jerkoff or saying they're jerking off doing something else, or telling someone to suck my dick as a response to them insulting you or being a smart ass is fine and it not 18+. However your note was for going beyond roleplay and being a dick which is a violation. There's a difference between being a jerk/asshole in game and going beyond full of IC salt to the point that you were told to knock it off.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 06-03-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids