Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snooper44 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Snooper44

Player Name You Use Most?
    Greg Lauffer

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    None

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The Battlefield Execution is essentially a last-resort method used when a marine or crewmember is posing a serious threat to the battalion and the operation entirely. The only time I believe a BE should ever be used is if MPs are not present or close enough to intervene and take action. A battlefield execution is done solely by the Captain, while a regular execution is preformed by the MPs within the brig after confirmation from the Captain or an agreement between the CMP and XO if a Captain is not awake. It is a large power to have and I believe it should not be used unless it is truly a last resort, a standard arrest and execution by MPs would be preferred.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    Greg Lauffer is a talkative military man, and therefore is always wanting to ensure all things are up to standard and running smoothly when he isn't watching it by addressing each department. He is well aware he does not have multiple eyes and wants to make sure every department has the competency to run itself without him having to step in assist unless it is absolutely needed.

If he comes face to face with issues such as insubordination he would issue warnings before taking any action. That action would mainly include issued arrests for the MPs to preform and reprimands for them to do their jobs after explaining how vital it is to the success of the operation if the department head had already not done as so.

For issues with CIC, Lauffer is an understanding man, he knows well that the job can at times be stressful and much to bare and has experienced the days as a mere Lieutenant. If met with incompetence or confusion he would do the best he could to help explain what they should in fact be doing and preforming regular check-ins with them to ensure they are operating smoothly after the said explanations. He would also advise them to not touch the OB/Supply options on overwatch and instead let him handle it to avoid issues that could cost marines the operation and put the confused CIC officer's life in peril by an ugly marine mob seeking revenge.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The role of Captain on the vessel is to provide high roleplay while at the same time ensuring that everything is running to the extent that it should so the operation can succeed and leading the marines to a solid victory. As captain you are one man alone, but it's up to you at most times to make sure everyone is up to standard and most importantly, getting involved in roleplay and leading the marines who on on the ground from CIC and making decisions and working with other CIC staff to plan and decide accordingly on what the next move would be to succeed.

I believe that at times SOs and even XOs at times tend to mull in terms of their roleplaying standards while they hold extreme focus on simply using the mechanics of the game to achieve victory and may lack in roleplay. The Captain is however held to a higher standard. He is the face of the vessel and what it stands for, and should always be interacting with not only the marines via comms but also the staff of CIC and other crew aboard the vessel when he is not making critical decisions for the operation. He should also regularly consult with his XO and SO before making decisions if it is not critical as though he is the authority on the vessel, he is still apart of a team and it makes everyone feel like they are playing more then a simple overwatch role.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    To be honest if there was some way to mark objectives on the tactical map which could be relayed to the Squad Leaders I think that'd be amazing. As someone who has played, XO, SO, and SL I can say there are often so many flanking opportunities that are missed due to SLs not knowing where to go. I think if they'd bring a map which used to be standard thing in SL prep with them, COs should be able to mark locations on that map for SLs to go to, this way it's not just directing via voice like "go right at the next corner" and being drowned out by marines shouting over comms, Or even allow them to mark their route before deployment.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    It is my hope that I can provide both excellent leadership and unique roleplay as a Commanding Officer of the vessel. Communication is key for any CIC role and the Captain is most certainly held to the highest of standards in terms of roleplay. As XO I always did my best to go out of my way to interact with SOs, the Captain, and Squad Leaders both over comms and face to face in order to grow a unique relationship before deployments.

I hope to really make people feel unique as I address them, making them feel as if they are truly valued members of the battalion as they continue their fight during the round. Everyone has a story, and everyone plays a part on the USS Almayer. I hope that in victory and defeat, they can feel like they were looked highly upon by their superior.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    15/16/2186

In front of a large stone slab with names engraved stands a single man holding a white beret within his palms. Captain Greg Lauffer, holding a solemn posture in front of the memorial to the fallen of the USMC in the vessel's garden.

"Ah, I have not forgotten today, Sir."

-
    15/16/2184

THETA SECTOR: USS Salvus, 3rd Battalion, 1st Brigade, The Raging Rhinos

"L-Lauffer?"

"Captain, Sir. I am here."

"The e-enemy, Commander. Are they still onboard?"

"Negative, Captain. They are all dead. I managed to eliminate the two that busted in with my side-arm, sadly not before they managed to get a few shots off you. But the rest have been swept up by what remains of the MPs onboard."

"Y-You never did know how t-to give a simple no, did you Lauffer?"

"Apologies, Sir. The medical staff is enroute here now."

"A-Ah.. Who would've thought they'd sent a b-boarding party in the midst of b-"

"Captain? Captain!"

-

A medic knelt beside the Captain, his body now a shell of its former vibrant self. The color he once had was now long gone.

"Commander Lauffer, we've done all we could, if only we could have gotten here sooner."

"I understand, the Captain was a brave man. Never before have I seen an officer take so many heavy rounds to the chest and continuing standing, cursing at their mothers and even myself for not knowing how shut the hell up, as he often did."

"Uh.. Right.. Sir, you-"

"No worries, Lance Corporal. I am fully aware, this operation is resting on my shoulders. The Captain's sacrifice shall not be in vain. We are the USMC, the roughest humanity has to offer. With my experience which amounts beyond any hostile commander in the sector, there will no longer be another step back today."

"Right... Commander."

-

17/21/2184

SOL, FLEETCOM

"Fleet Admiral, Sir. You requested my presence?"

"Lauffer, good to see you. I read your report on the clearing of the militant cell in the Theta Sector. A tragedy but a successful operation regardless of the casualties."

"Sir, first I must say it is an honor... The battle was hard-fought and won through sweat, blood, and tears of the men of the battalion that were present that day. I will never forget Captain Johnson for all that he'd taught me, his mentoring greatly contri-"

"Stop, I was informed by Captain Johnson of your speaking habit often. I'd rather not have anymore ear problems at my age. I summoned you today to inform you that you would be assigned to a new battalion and vessel."

"Understood Sir. Who is the Captain I will be advising and what is the name of the battalion and vessel?"

"You will be advising none but yourself. You will be put in command of your own vessel and a battalion at your disposal."

"Sir.. are you telling me I am being promoted?"

"That is correct, for someone that lets out so much information, you don't seem to let much in do you?"

"Sir... this is an honor. To be given my own vessel and the rank of Captain is something I never foresaw. I cannot express how humbled I am to be gifted this for my service to the USMC. I plan to put maximum effort beyond what I have already offered, for democracy, liberty, for Captain Johnson, for....-"

"Right, I get it Lauffer. Just so you know, vessels are not standard equipped with earplugs."

"Yes Sir, I apologize. Thank you for this honor, I look forward to continuing to give my best to the USMC."

"Indeed, Captain Lauffer. I look forward to your accomplishments."

-

15/16/2186 PRESENT DAY

The Captain would place his beret back onto his head, smiling as he looked at the memorial once more and saluting before turning and exiting the garden and making his way to the bridge as the clock hit 12:20. He'd begin speaking into his comm:

"Good Morning, Command and Marines. This is your Commanding Officer Greg Lauffer, or Captain Greg Lauffer depending on how formal you choose to be. Today is a good day for the Falling Falcons as this is not my first ever operation for I have severed numerous vessels before this very one-"

Groans would be heard across the USS Almayer as marines, civilians, and command staff alike began to gear up and listen as the Captain begin his introduction before briefing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg's a good XO to have. Talking about the APP, the story is okay, I did like your answer regarding what's the job of a Commander and it seems that you won't abuse the BE. Good Luck! +1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The app is pretty well done. Also I've seen you as XO plenty of times doing a fine job. As such I think you would do well as captain .

+1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1.

Good application, good player. I trust him in Command, as I've recently had him as an XO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had you as my XO for a few rounds, I always enjoyed your presence on comms. If you were to get accepted, I would keep orders on comms readable and straight to the point rather than a large story, but you already seem to be doing that regularly. +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always roasts me in LOOC for being bald.

Otherwise top notch roleplayer, good app and story.

I hate you as a CMP but man do I love your XO and Commanding

+1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good XO
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You managed to carry the whole Operation without the help of CO. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a good SL, a good XO, a good roleplayer, and just overall a good player in general.

Lauffer is a good marine and I'd be happy to see him as CO.

+1
    Audrey Aulin, found (drinking tea) in various roles

Evelyn, the ever-helpful synth

Member of the CO Council. Feel free to PM me here or on the Discord @Retrokinesis#8332 with any CO-related matters.

Former Moderator, Mapper, Official Space Carp Developer, and Lead Burrower Apologist.