Comparison of Classic and MOBA

My impressions

T1s
    - No significant differences here

T2s
    - in classic people often preferred to stay as T2 instead of evolving to T3
    - MOBA T2s are kinda underwhelming
    - Except warrior that didn't really change
    - Spitter was better when it had vomiter strain instead of just weaker vomit
    - Lurker barely has impact aside from some memes, without reliable stealth and pounce there is no reason to play them over runner, which is faster and matures faster

MOBA Boiler
    - Pro: big smoke area, can shoot over most stuff
    - Con: no projectile = no direct hit, no neuro (neuro direct hit was OP tho, it should have given you like 10 seconds of awake time before you pass out for an eternity or something)
    - VERY shit pathfinding, with projectiles you were able to shoot some really nice curved hits, now you can basically shoot in straight lines of 45° (for marine mains, just imagine + and X lines) when it decides to work
    - It is just super boring to play. You have some impact but you spend the whole round making marines stand back for 10 seconds as the delay is too much to ever damage them. (yes I know about muh screech combo). I guess this is difficult to balance because if boilers were good stacking them would be too good.
    - Acid spray was also fun and allowed you to do some fun besides artillery

MOBA Crusher
    - The only way to kill them is still bodyblocking but now that is more difficult with their new abilities
    - I miss classic charge, it was an iconic ability and gave the caste a fun feel, now you just hop around like a fat stompy bunny

MOBA Rav
    - I dont really see why bone abilities are pushed so hard
    - While previously you used to be able to counter ravs by walking backwards and shooting as they are slow as shit but this no longer really does much because of their infinite HP pool
    - I guess they are in an okay place

MOBA Prae
    - The biggest winner of MOBA, I'd say all strains are good and they are part of the "infinite HP" club but without being slow
    - Dancer seems OP as they can instakill a guy everytime their cooldowns are up

In summary it feels like T3s make or brake them game. Due to their large health pools, non-shotgun (and smartgun) weapons are devalued further as the only way to kill is swarming
    See https://youtu.be/K6m40W1s0Wc?t=121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok let me tell you why you're wrong

t1 - correct
    t2 - t2s are not underwhelming you are an underwhelming player
    warrior still as op as ever but it gets a shield
    lurker is stronger than before and is more fun, just harder to play so it kicks out all the baldasses
    spitter is literally unarguably better. it combined both strains into one and the vomit is meant to be combo'd with the spit for 2 gorillion burn. also extinguishes people. this was indirectly a huge fire nerf and spitter is undoubtedly more fun to play and stronger by several orders of magnitude
    t3 -
    boiler - yes its boring but less than old one and more fair
    crusher - no you do not kill it by bodyblocking. you just PB it or fire AP or use fire. they are actually killable now since they lost 10 armour and have reasonable health. they also dont get to charge in and out of marines with no counter. the old charge was boring as fuck, not "iconic". literally hold a movement key
    ravager - because they're cool and a form of CC unique to the caste
    only hedgehog needs a nerf due to its ridiculous 48 armour
    prae - dancer is retarded yes

tl;dr moba is good
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T1: No real differences, though now runners can kick sand (bone spurs) into your eyes.

T2: The changes require more skill to use, but are quite usable. I’ve been fling-punched all the way from one tile outside of LV LZ2 to all the way south of secure storage by a pair of warriors who knew what they were doing. I wasn’t even killed until some baldo lurker tore my face off. The Queen was PISSED that I wasn’t captured.

T3: The Crusher is now a giant kangaroo. It can hop all over the place and put its legs through your chest.
    Hedgehog Rav is balanced fine now that the invulnerable bone-shield only lasts a few seconds.
    The Prae strains are... prolly still being balanced, since they have some stuff that causes keyboard-throwing moments: Warden Prae is the under-appreciated whore-bag of the xeno force, instantly recovering crit xenos and giving healthy xenos over 100% health. Dancer Prae is the prime argument against TF2 random crits with their occasional one-hit heart attack and one-hit full brain-damage tail-strikes.
    Boiler... I like playing boiler, and think most people ignore the strategic value of it in its current heavy-support role. I’ve coordinated with a single Ravager to breach multiple cadelines and give sniper cover to advancing lower tiers. Screech-Gas is a very effective combo, but so is Stomp-Gas, which gives you synergy with Crushers and some Burrowers as well.

I think things are more interesting, requiring both more skill and knowledge of the caste roles. You can’t just hold w and win anymore. And since they’re still tinkering, MOBA is still changing.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all we need is buckshot to be nerfed out of the game and the marine weapons rebalanced to fit moba and everything will be fine. Devs are too scared to do it though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moba is cheese, boiler changes were good
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i miss the old boiler, if getting hit with the ball of acid and getting knocked down was the problem, THEN WHY NOT JUST MAKE THE BALL NOT KNOCK DOWN ?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think T1s and T2s could use some buffs, since almost all the power is currently in T3s and arguably good warrior players. Drones getting armor was pretty nice at least, but carriers are REALLY hard to use now, burrowers have pathetic slash damage, and defenders could probably use a slight health increase or at least not get obliterated by PB buck. Scatter sentinel is legit as fuck though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by destrok View Post
    lurker is stronger than before and is more fun, just harder to play so it kicks out all the baldasses
    hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    what are you laughing at

it breaks chest in 2 slashes and can now slow predators

invis is also higher mobility
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe it got a movement nerf and attack speed nerf along with the other changes. The lurker just doesn't feel as good to play with. But, it aint that bad. It just bad compared to warrior which is basically a lurker that is good.