User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison of Classic and MOBA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    hey bud did you know you get an attack delay reset that is GUARANTEED to slow a marine?

LMAO bruh I know it slows them down, the point is you slash has a retarded long recharge time, reading comprehension not your forte I assume

I'm literally just putting this out there. You can kill preds better now. I know that subpar players don't like fucking with predators too much but once you get better at the game you'll see why it's enjoyable.
    I love how there's nothing positive about new lurker so you had to pull out some irrelevant shit absolutely no one cares about to make it seem like the massive nerf was worth it because now you can do, wait for this, SLOW DOWN A PRED, WOOOOOOOOOW

I haven't ever been in a position as lurker where I needed to move faster and I couldn't do it by just pouncing or going invis.
    "I haven't ever been in a position as lurker ." there, fixed it for you.

I don't know man, if you think new lurker is shit then you're probably just a shit player. I've been out here satanizing people with small crews of xenos.
    Damn man, a "small crew of xenos"? What a badass, all you needed to make new lurker work is just a bunch of other xenos

who would've thonk that ganging up on marines would kill them easily. Im sure the lurker being there was the critical component and a runner definitely couldn't have done the same, faster, easier and earlier in the round :^)

New lurker isn't leaving. You're gonna have to adapt or stop playing, just like BOO and the rest of those onetricks.
    No idea what kinda metadrama you're referencing at the end there but imagine thinking balance changes in CM are long lasting lel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    a bunch of shitty points made by a bad lurker player
    i have undoubtedly played more lurker, xeno as a whole and marine than you

yes of course you need other xenos to kill marines smartass, you're not a one man army, this is the retarded mindset that needs to be lost to the ages, 1 low skill retard shouldnt get to pummel 36 people of differing skill levels. You either need to be really good and playing a caste with a high skill ceiling or you need backup.

"bro theres nothing positive about newlurker bro ohmygod i cant fucking stunlock anyone anymore oh my god how am i going to kill marines"

I'll admit that new lurker isn't "better" than old lurker but it is by no means bad or unplayable and it shouldn't get reverted. All these changes did was expose the idiots who can only press 1 button. Lurker now takes an IQ above room temperature to play but retains its old potential with a higher skill floor and ceiling.

You can keep crying over losing the 1 button stunlock, you won't bring it back. You can get better an- actually no, you're exactly the kind of player that never learns or adapts to new situations. You'll be lost to time in a few months

MOBA was the best thing to happen to CM in a year
    Last edited by Destrok; 06-08-2020 at 08:34 PM.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like MOBA on all aspects EXCEPT infection mechanics.

I BADLY miss the old carrier. I miss laying egg traps, and having forward nests. Throwing huggers.

I miss the skill it took to build secure nests and the look the hive had with secure nests. Some of the patterns people came up with were awesome.

I miss medical always being busy because tons of marines were infected, and recovered on the front, or escaped. I miss people multibursting. And removing 4 larva and being nervous about it.

I miss marines coordinating to escape all at once and try to get out. Fighting all the way to the end.

I DO like MOBA alot... but damn do I miss the old infection system.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes of course you need other xenos to kill marines smartass, you're not a one man army, this is the retarded mindset that needs to be lost to the ages, 1 low skill retard shouldnt get to pummel 36 people of differing skill levels. You either need to be really good and playing a caste with a high skill ceiling or you need backup.
    So I can count you in on the remove buckshot movement then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    So I can count you in on the remove buckshot movement then?
    What's buckshot got to do with anything here? We're talking about lurker
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's buckshot got to do with anything here? We're talking about lurker
    i know you are just being dense but ill play along. Let me reword your sentence.

yes of course you need other marines to kill xenos smartass, you're not a one man army, this is the retarded mindset that needs to be lost to the ages, 1 low skill retard shouldnt get to pummel 36 people of differing skill levels. You either need to be really good and playing with a weapon with a high skill ceiling or you need backup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    i know you are just being dense but ill play along. Let me reword your sentence.

yes of course you need other marines to kill xenos smartass, you're not a one man army, this is the retarded mindset that needs to be lost to the ages, 1 low skill retard shouldnt get to pummel 36 people of differing skill levels. You either need to be really good and playing with a weapon with a high skill ceiling or you need backup.
    Still don't know what you're getting at, we're talking about xeno castes here
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he saying is buck shotgun is ass to deal with for most aliens and used by robustos to kill 20 aliens practically solo, sometimes literally. Honestly with buck shotgun the only thing I wish to someday see is it be nerfed vs tier 3s and other high armor targets, I hate the utilitarian usage it has right now to counter everything and want other guns to be pushed as the way to kill those aliens.

Honestly can go further and say buck shotgun is one of the best and worst guns because it guaranteed damage output at PB is unparalleled BUT it encourages stupid charging at the enemy and getting in the way instead of using a constant march of gun which the aliens would do even worse at countering, cant fling a guy spraying at you with a 41 or 39 if he 5 tiles away. If marines just kept chasing and shooting nothing could survive, you know the actual proper suppressing instead of wasting bullets and cadehugging like some god dam NPC stuck on a wall. But I feel people use the buck as too much a crutch to counter everything and don't like to look at other guns and ammo because let face it, they all suck compared to using the good ol shottie.

And yes you do not need a buck shotgun to win, christ we had UPP event once were EVERYONE charged without a shit to give, guy dying? Screw him keep moving. Alien there? FRAG AND GUN IT DOWN SCREW THE FRIENDLY FIRE. True soviet tactics. God dam marines so hard aliens needed to be bailed out with 10 praes which all died also. When the 41 was given the QFA back we had a couple rounds of marines literally mowing down the hive with endless rifle fire.

In the end the marines biggest issue is they are god dam cowards afraid of dying that the biggest issue.

The buck shotgun is a lame though ammo-gun that is used currently to counter the whole alien hive and is aids to fight against and in the hands of a proper robusto can destroy every alien. It should counter lurkers and runners, it should not counter tier 3s.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem is that buck is the perfect ammo type

it:

- stuns
    - does immense damage in ONE SHOT (this is very important)
    - can hold a good amount of said one shots (robustos rarely run out of buck at front, and when they do, its after killing several xenos)
    - goes through armor

now lets look at the pulse rifle

it:

- does not stun
    - does not do a lot of damage (sometimes you miss xenos RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU because of how accuracy mechanics work)
    - carries 40 shots but your probably only hitting 10, 20 if your lucky + good due to how accuracy works in this game
    - does not go through armor; have to carry a SEPARATE AMMO TYPE just to go through armor
    - because of all of the above, usually needs several reloads to kill even one xeno, as most run away before you even do enough damage to crit, let alone kill a xeno

don't start with attachments, most attachments on every other gun except buck sacrifice something important, or take too many attachments to make viable except for round start marines

for example, even WITHOUT any vendor attachments, a buck shotgun with bayo and rail light is the second best gun in the game a marine can REALISTICALLY get their hands on

in order to make a pulse rifle good, you need either a QFA agrip AP ammo setup, or a vgrip, RDS / reflex, BC, AP ammo setup

SMG is similar; BC, RDS, Vgrip, or BC, RDS, laser sight if you have to M39 holster it

L42 you can get away with just a laser sight and rail flashlight if you take off stock and use it as a chase weapon but thats about it

TL;DR shotgun buck is too versatile as it fits almost every situation that marines face, while every other gun has too many drawbacks; low ammo, low damage, too many attachments needed to make it good, need lots of space on you (webbing, belts) to hold enough ammo not to burn out in first 10 minutes of fighting, etc

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A dev had a chart that showed all guns did the same damage average according to range. Guns do hurt, but thier accuracy is shit. Anyway PB does extra damage and doesn’t miss so it quite deadly