Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    the problem is that buck is the perfect ammo type

it:

- stuns
    - does immense damage in ONE SHOT (this is very important)
    - can hold a good amount of said one shots (robustos rarely run out of buck at front, and when they do, its after killing several xenos)
    - goes through armor

now lets look at the pulse rifle

it:

- does not stun
    - does not do a lot of damage (sometimes you miss xenos RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU because of how accuracy mechanics work)
    - carries 40 shots but your probably only hitting 10, 20 if your lucky + good due to how accuracy works in this game
    - does not go through armor; have to carry a SEPARATE AMMO TYPE just to go through armor
    - because of all of the above, usually needs several reloads to kill even one xeno, as most run away before you even do enough damage to crit, let alone kill a xeno

don't start with attachments, most attachments on every other gun except buck sacrifice something important, or take too many attachments to make viable except for round start marines

for example, even WITHOUT any vendor attachments, a buck shotgun with bayo and rail light is the second best gun in the game a marine can REALISTICALLY get their hands on

in order to make a pulse rifle good, you need either a QFA agrip AP ammo setup, or a vgrip, RDS / reflex, BC, AP ammo setup

SMG is similar; BC, RDS, Vgrip, or BC, RDS, laser sight if you have to M39 holster it

L42 you can get away with just a laser sight and rail flashlight if you take off stock and use it as a chase weapon but thats about it

TL;DR shotgun buck is too versatile as it fits almost every situation that marines face, while every other gun has too many drawbacks; low ammo, low damage, too many attachments needed to make it good, need lots of space on you (webbing, belts) to hold enough ammo not to burn out in first 10 minutes of fighting, etc
    Buckshoot is also giving cancer to little larvas at the spawning pool, as it has been proven by scientists using data from nowhere. I love how topic about casts transformed itself into crying about buckshoot. But if we going that way, let me tell you something that way:

it:
    - Dont stuns T3s which after you shoot them proceed with killing you easly
    - It does a super massive damage, that is deadly only for T1s, and Lurkers, becuse rest of Xenos can survive 2-3 Buckshoots, and most of them have a way to kill you after stun wears off (Which dont take long)
    - Marines dont run of Buckshoot becuse it's require them to charge down Xenos to be effective, and most of them die before landing a single buckshoot or more then 2 buckshoots
    - Yeah becuse Crushers and Headhogs proves Buckshoot AP properties...

But returning to the topic. By playing on MOBA a little longer, i must say that overall the changes of Xenos are good, to be honest the only thing i would like to see a change are sentinels (Mayby a little bit or armor or more speed ?), and warriors (Which are currently the strongest cast of all, being able to stun lock 2 marines with ease, and still have a fucking one paunch broken bone even as young ability).

I really liked the changes on Lurkers, where previously they were just unarmored versions of warriors (With Chain stun) to something require at least some skill to use proper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bro last I checked this thread was about MOBA xenos not about shotguns and buck :neutral_face:
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    bro last I checked this thread was about MOBA xenos not about shotguns and buck :neutral_face:
    Yeah, man. There’s like... 30+ threads dedicated to “buckshot OP, plz nerf.” That hasn’t changed between classic & MOBA. It’s as hair pulling and controversial a topic now as it was then. Choose one side or the other, and watch as you are skinned alive.

So, pulling us back on Topic:
    Magnets Warden Prae’s, how do they work?
    I understand the basics, but not things like health overflow, recovery from crit, etc. anyone who plays Warden enough to explain how that works exactly and what the best applications are.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    yes of course you need other marines to kill xenos smartass, you're not a one man army, this is the retarded mindset that needs to be lost to the ages, 1 low skill retard shouldnt get to pummel 36 people of differing skill levels. You either need to be really good and playing with a weapon with a high skill ceiling or you need backup.
    Destrok has a separate set of standards for marines, being a marine one man army is not retarded, but perfectly acceptable and he just wants xenos to be nerfed to such extend where they would need multiple T2s to have any chance at fighting one retarded solo ramboing marine.

As for buckshot, I dunno why people are still complaining. In the current T3-heavy meta buckshot has been losing relevance. Buck is still good at fighting loser castes, but now they seldom are a problem. You can now survive a lurker without it, decent warriors are rare too. So I've even recently started running MOU as my secondary instead of buck as a PFC.

In general MOBA seems to be developing just as I expected. Power balance within the hive shifted from T2s more towards T3s and this makes balancing it much harder. On one hand xenos should be competitive as a faction, but T3s should not be so overpowered that they are unkillable in any realistic scenario.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    Destrok has a separate set of standards for marines, being a marine one man army is not retarded, but perfectly acceptable and he just wants xenos to be nerfed to such extend where they would need multiple T2s to have any chance at fighting one retarded solo ramboing marine.
    whose ass did you pull this out of, because i don't recall shitting that out

don't pretend like you know what I think
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    CABAL has a separate set of standards for marines, being a marine one man army is not retarded, but perfectly acceptable and he just wants xenos to be nerfed to such extend where they would need multiple T2s to have any chance at fighting one retarded solo ramboing marine.
    Fixed it for ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90% of moba changes are pure garbage... just trash all that bullshit and give us good old fun xeno!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    classic is better
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prae is way better, spitter is better, crusher is better, runner is the same, drone is the same, carrier is better (not counting all the nerfs that werent cause of moba), hivelord is the same, ravager is better except in a few ways. Idk why yall think 90% are garbage. I think the overall balance is a little fucked but the individual castes are mostly as good or better.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Prae is way better, spitter is better, crusher is better, runner is the same, drone is the same, carrier is better (not counting all the nerfs that werent cause of moba), hivelord is the same, ravager is better except in a few ways. Idk why yall think 90% are garbage. I think the overall balance is a little fucked but the individual castes are mostly as good or better.
    It all about infinite lurker pounce, won't save 99% of them as they suck as lurker before and currently but muh chain pounce.