User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of Classic and MOBA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres some very autistic parts of castes and strains IE. prae and on release hedgehog, thankfully the ladder got a hard nerf. But prae by far is the most stonked caste next to crusher ATM, Prae strains can do onsight queen heals which heal through fire, a very short acid spit cooldown and can reliably handle shotgun unga since one spit slows you way down, and 3 more to paincrit, slash a person 4 tiles away (even got slashed through a closed door during a moba test), oh yea and stuns, I can dodge 5 attempts but the 6th one gets me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heal is melee range, not in sight

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still like my old simple days before complex MOBA beans.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T1s are mostly the same, tho arguably much more fun to play since using special ability macros is now a breeze. They're also pretty much the only xenos I played pre-moba, so I can say with certainty that playing them now is quite more fun.

T2s, warriors are pretty fun and engaging to play as personally. In general it feels much better to play as and against moba t2s. Egg sniping is gone, vietcong burrower was nerfed (albeit way too much), cancerous lurker gangs are no more and the warrior doesn't feel bullshitty - now it rightly feels that whenever I die to a warrior it was exclusively my own fault.

T3s, ravager really had changed a lot stats wise but my opinion largely remains the same - it's a mostly interesting and dangerous enemy to fight. Praes, I can't keep up with the constant buffs and nerfs, they themselves and their respective strains all range from annoying to deadly. Boiler is just a straight upgrade from the old one, no contest. Crusher, imo, is in a great spot right now, it's very simple and fun to play as and fun to fight against.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed my mind about spitters, they are fun.

Currently resin roofs seem to be a bad idea to me. By default on average only like 50% of the map is vulnerable to CAS.
    Areas where combat happen get a pylon built and after that there is no JTAC action there anymore. Boring for support roles and makes the round somewhat stale.
    Hive pylons shouldn't block anything. "But they'll get mortared then." Just build some more, plasma is basically unlimited, mortar shells/CAS ammo is not.
    Hive cores should block everything: mortar/CAS/OB.

Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Boiler is just a straight upgrade from the old one, no contest.
    I disagree. No direct hits, no acid spray, cant choose neuro, bad pathfinding.
    Marines can always just step back when the smoke is landing. After the latest buff, smoke is okay but "no contest" is not accurate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    Currently resin roofs seem to be a bad idea to me. By default on average only like 50% of the map is vulnerable to CAS.
    Areas where combat happen get a pylon built and after that there is no JTAC action there anymore. Boring for support roles and makes the round somewhat stale.
    Hive pylons shouldn't block anything. "But they'll get mortared then." Just build some more, plasma is basically unlimited, mortar shells/CAS ammo is not.
    Hive cores should block everything: mortar/CAS/OB.
    I think pylons were a good addition, I've seen them encourage xenos to actually go out and fight instead of camping a cave choke, which makes maps more interesting. Though they should probably break if enough CAS/mortars hit the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    I disagree. No direct hits, no acid spray, cant choose neuro, bad pathfinding.
    Marines can always just step back when the smoke is landing. After the latest buff, smoke is okay but "no contest" is not accurate.
    Old boiler gas was 90% literally nothing, 10% meme shit dabbing on marines. New actually lets you combo your gas with other xeno abilities, which is where it's true power lies.
    But the REAL gamer shit is Trapper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I think pylons were a good addition, I've seen them encourage xenos to actually go out and fight instead of camping a cave choke, which makes maps more interesting. Though they should probably break if enough CAS/mortars hit the ceiling.
    That sounds good on paper, but it would make it worse.
    Right now you dont waste ammo if you are trying to fire at a pylon because it doesn't let you.
    CAS/Mortar ammo is too limited to just shoot pylons when they can rebuild it like instantly.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre MOBA will always be my favorite, because the only skill you needed was clicking, and dodging behind walls.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Pre MOBA will always be my favorite, because the only skill you needed was clicking, and dodging behind walls.
    Straight facts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre moba will always be nostalgic for me, remembering how fucking broken lurker and warrior was, how autistic crusher was, fondest memory will probably pre cade nerf, where megafob was possible and fun to build