User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LV-WO event, Feedback Thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamer man Grills View Post
    The ravs health pool was strange where one would take like 13 shots then another would take 13000 shots to kill
    A mistake happened during the set up, i had a request to the dev to make a ravager with more health so i spawned all ravagers with same modified help, however during the pop cap, it wasn't hooked and i had to work around manually setting the mob every spawn, some some would die with 4 shots and some would take a lot of damage before dying.

It was a techinical fault.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben owen View Post
    i think there was too much micromanagement on blocking/unblocking areas

it would've been better to just not have any walls spawn back and forth, just tell the marines not to go past river/defend if they did then spawn NPC ravs right on them, then xenos could naturally flank to their sides

hopefully find some way to remove death timer/join timers

it was alright
    Could you dm more about the death time? i'll make a gitlab to mass edit the the death timers if i get enough feedback from it.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was mortar operator at LZ2. Aside from my shells apparently slowly backing towards the northern cades as the round went on (I'd even put in a NORTH offset to try and compensate for this), which was very weird, I kept the same coords the whole round, the only complaint I have is near the end.
    Having 20 of the AI ravagers suddenly pop up outta nowhere and gank me was... Well, I'll be honest and say I was rather livid. Other than those bits, had a blast as a mortar op, and am firmly convinced that the mortars definitely helped marines hold the line as long as they did.

Still, zero clue why the shells apparently kept heading south of where I'd aimed, later in the round, whereas in the beginning/middle, they were fine and not hitting marines or the cades. Also, FOR HECK'S SAKE, PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO JTAC. We only had 2 peeps willing to call out coords, and I'm half convinced the one who gave us the most help didn't intentionally grief us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked this event, but the weakest link were the AI ravagers. Spawning them should be done slightly out of vision of marines rather than right on cades. The AI ravs also need probably a tripling (even 5x maybe) of health so they dont need ludicrous numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit more info on where the Xenos will appear would be great. And Command needs to do more coordinating, half the time I felt like running from est to west and back.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggestions of note:

-Perhaps fewer AI ravager spawns and more player xeno spawns. The massive spawning in of AI ravs didn't really add much in my opinion. The lag caused by them tended to screw over both marines and xenos, and since they couldn't attack cades directly, they weren't really that useful to xenos.

-Better indication of where flanks are opened. Something that I noticed is that when marines got a message saying that a flank is going to open up West Side, they didn't know where it would be. So you ended up having marines making cades near the fisherman's shack and not where the actual flank was going to happen.

-Similar healing prevention as base WO. In the normal Whiskey Outpost game mode, xenos couldn't heal, period. So it was annoying seeing xenos being told "You need to push if you want more reinforcements" and then seeing them hang back and rest. By having xenos being unable to heal, they would be more inclined to push and die so better xenos can be fielded.

If I come up with anymore I'll add them.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    0/10 not enough dakka.

Nah seriously, I'm surprised it even worked at all, and it turned out far better than I thought it would. The lag was always gonna be a problem, even with the timelocks and other measures, its just a fact of BYOND. Coulda used a little more direction for marines though, as it stands they were just kinda told to go down the ladder and figure it out.
    Regarding to that, my apologies, as i said on the discord, major events take 2 admins or more to set up.

at the point neth managed to code a pop lock for us, the said admin gone busy and couldn't help.

So i rush started the building which took what i predicted, almost 30 minutes of setup and still some stuff didn't worked as planned and i had like 2 smods helping me.

I had to like forget the marines so i could set up the xenos and the constructions correctly.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Argun1 View Post
    Was mortar operator at LZ2. Aside from my shells apparently slowly backing towards the northern cades as the round went on (I'd even put in a NORTH offset to try and compensate for this), which was very weird, I kept the same coords the whole round, the only complaint I have is near the end.
    Having 20 of the AI ravagers suddenly pop up outta nowhere and gank me was... Well, I'll be honest and say I was rather livid. Other than those bits, had a blast as a mortar op, and am firmly convinced that the mortars definitely helped marines hold the line as long as they did.

Still, zero clue why the shells apparently kept heading south of where I'd aimed, later in the round, whereas in the beginning/middle, they were fine and not hitting marines or the cades. Also, FOR HECK'S SAKE, PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO JTAC. We only had 2 peeps willing to call out coords, and I'm half convinced the one who gave us the most help didn't intentionally grief us.
    Argun, using the mortar gets inaccurate as the times goes by and you must re-dial your coordenates after a fire mission(after sending 6 shells and nothing is needed) you need re-dial the coordenates. That's intended and happens for quite a while.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    I really liked this event, but the weakest link were the AI ravagers. Spawning them should be done slightly out of vision of marines rather than right on cades. The AI ravs also need probably a tripling (even 5x maybe) of health so they dont need ludicrous numbers.
    The problem with health is being resolved if i do another event. However, AI ravagers are outdated since 2014. AI ravagers can only attack things on it's line of sight. Spawning out of sight will make it idle.

I had no other way to make them to attack except for spawning right on top of cades.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora9567 View Post
    Suggestions of note:

-Perhaps fewer AI ravager spawns and more player xeno spawns. The massive spawning in of AI ravs didn't really add much in my opinion. The lag caused by them tended to screw over both marines and xenos, and since they couldn't attack cades directly, they weren't really that useful to xenos.

-Better indication of where flanks are opened. Something that I noticed is that when marines got a message saying that a flank is going to open up West Side, they didn't know where it would be. So you ended up having marines making cades near the fisherman's shack and not where the actual flank was going to happen.

-Similar healing prevention as base WO. In the normal Whiskey Outpost game mode, xenos couldn't heal, period. So it was annoying seeing xenos being told "You need to push if you want more reinforcements" and then seeing them hang back and rest. By having xenos being unable to heal, they would be more inclined to push and die so better xenos can be fielded.

If I come up with anymore I'll add them.
    This is one more proof that Players don't read Lesser-Announcements on Discord. I specifically told that if xenos were agressive they would be rewarded for it.

There was two rounds where xenos didn't recieved the planned reinforcements because they didn't were agressive enough. Mods were updating me constantly of the xeno agression.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: