User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LV-WO event, Feedback Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Event was really fun despite the lag. Seeing a massive amount of players all together is always a cool experience for me. Simplemob ravs were definitely working weird, I saw one die when punched and some being completely unphased by a buckshot PB. Spawning should have been done in a way that would have seemed convincing (i.e, they're spawned out of unwelded vents or spawned out of marine sight) or at least a bit more spread out (seeing a line of them would have been so more terrifying than a dot spreading out) but other than that I didn't have any problems with the event. 11/10, good work Hunk
    Last edited by chipswithchops; 06-09-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh okay

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    The population cap was intentional, if players were already complaining about 180 players, imagine 230 players.

The Byond code itself cannot handle this.
    I guess that makes sense.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chipswithchops View Post
    Event was really fun despite the lag. Seeing a massive amount of players all together is always a cool experience for me. Simplemob ravs were defenitely working weird, I saw one die when punched and some being completely unphased by a buckshot PB. Spawning should have been done in a way that would have seemed convincing (i.e, they're spawned out of unwelded vents or spawned out of marine sight) or at least a bit more spread out (seeing a line of them would have been so more terrifying than a dot spreading out) but other than that I didn't have any problems with the event. 11/10, good work Hunk
    Another main issue is, since we don't have a legitimate way to spawn multiple mobs, i had to macro a spawn of 10 mobs in the same place. Regarding to damage discrepancies, we had a technical issue where the mob i requested to be placed into the branch wasn't hooked, so i had to work with normal AI ravagers with 200 health and manually mass edit their health.

Saddly, as i said before on this post, i had to spawn on top of the marines because the AI stays idle in place if there is no mobs to attack. we even had ai mobs stuck on the caves because of no mobs on area.

but now i have a idea of the base health for AI ravagers in order for those events.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownity View Post
    Since as you said some people dont bother even reading in Discord. There were cases of xenos destroying tcomms and OT workshop despite being a no no zone for them (It's still not known if the OTs themselves blew it up but it happened during the first infiltration wave).

They should be notified ingame for rules like these.
    That was a mistake on my part. The setup took something around 30 to 40 minutes, i was on a time restrain and some stuff went out of control and i had no way to control.

That is actually good because it shows that Major events need more staff to keep an eye on stuff.

Thank you for the feedback.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    ... The setup took something around 30 to 40 minutes, ...
    Would it be possible to use a custom dmm to have a lot of the prep work done already?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Would it be possible to use a custom dmm to have a lot of the prep work done already?
    No, the only way to have a working map for it is a mapper pre-mading LV with the required changes, which i belive we'll need a volunteer for it.

and the setup took too long because 80% of the work i had to do alone.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be a bit lazy

I simplistically liked the event since it was merely a refreshing change of pace from the usual SS13 CM gameplay, though admittedly I tend to play this game alot, and whenever it substantially changes really does make it feel new to me.

I would like it if the magical ladder was labeled better (if it was?) so that I knew the game-mode was changed, I remember going down it before I knew the game was even changed -and notably before I smart-scoped my L42A- and it felt a bit unfair that I was deprived.
    There was just a generalized sense of lack of awareness -especially for people who didn't start the game at roundstart- and a sense of not knowing what to do immediately, like when I dragged a crusher around for a good 5 minutes trying to find the way back to FOB to increase defcon, only to find the way blocked, and to fumble around until I found out the game-mode changed.

Unexpectedly, the lack of awareness created a sense of mystery that added to the fun so ehh.
    Last edited by anonymous14z; 06-04-2020 at 09:28 PM. Reason: looked sloppy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite part was when I waited 40 minutes to get in, but didnt notice that BYOND had crashed while I was alt-tabbed, meaning that I didn't notice until there were already 180 people in the round. To coin a phrase: "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020