User Tag List

Thread: Payday Game Mode Idea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payday Game Mode Idea

So this idea I have been having for a while and only recently I have managed to think of the forms of this idea out. Since Overlord asked how do we do Payday game mode (shown here in my blackmail image), I might as well write it here since there are too many people in Dchat for me to communicate the idea properly.

Overlord Blackmail Image 1.jpg

Admemes, if you have a better idea to improve on the form of this Game Mode, feel free.

Here's how the idea is: The Xenos are to carry out the Heist while the Marines are the Guards. Yes you read that right, no unga...that comes later.

The Xenos prize heist is the QUEEN HERSELF! The Queen will be invulnerable and is unable to de-ovi. But the queen can still heal and set leaders. My reason being that having a Queen at the back-end causes issues to the heist:
    • Xenos will get limitless number and will slowly eat up marines forces like an FOB. This will turn a heist that is meant to have stealth elements into an all out war. Like any other CM matches.
    • Marines will no doubt attempt to unga into the darkness to look for the queen for easy kill, thereby ending the game or causing complications. This forces the marines on a defensive.
    • Queen will screech her way in if she De-ovi. Where's the stealth in that. And she's loud. LOUD!

So Xenos have to make their way into the facility(any map or a specially made map for this) where the Queen is kept. They are given a set number of eggs to use with and have to sneakily attempt to bypass the defences by slashing APC/Cades/Sentries/Alarm Systems/CCTVs and the like(any bonuses you boys wanna add). Once they get near the queen, they need to do a few things. At the moment I can only think of 2:
    1. Free the Queen to allow her to De-ovi at her choice
    2. Disable the alarm(This has to be tricky to accomplish and it is easy to mess up)

After that the Xenos must make their way to the Dropship without the alarm being sounded or alerting the marines. The mission ends when the ship launches the DS and leaves the planet with the DS.

Stealth, if accomplished successfully, should be a no issue and only proves that marines are bald or xenos are really good/lucky.

But loud is where the fun is.

If the alarm has been sounded, marines get waves of spawn every set number of minutes and will keep coming after the xenos just like the actual Payday game. Xenos will then have to fight their way to the DS and have their Queen avoid capture.

This would be a tricky problem for xenos, however like Payday you get to have bonus prizes. In addition to the Queen, Xenos can free other powerful Xenos, such as: Ancient T3s & Hidden Predalien(or Predaliens if you wanna make it intense).

This is where it gets fun cause:
    • Rines have the joy of fast building cades and ungaing into Queen
    • Xenos have to Unga to DS for victory

Seeing as the Xenos have been kicking Rine butts lately cause of Marine's great FF abilities, you could mix the ERT a lil by sending PMCs or UPP or Deathsquads(Bulldozers) as the guards or reinforcements. New Marine reinforcements will have to deploy via DS2

However, to make it more stealth friendly, I think Xenos need the following:
    • Xeno Vent crawling sounds volume reduced or play if they walk 4 tiles consecutively without stopping
    • Combat Hug has to be like silent or some kind of silent takedown must be allowed.

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, you must play the Payday 2 soundtracks, good one. If you want only one, just play this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS7wn7Zu_As.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just... no?

If I wanted to play payday... I'd play the actual one that was designed for it (granted the devs have been walking into the rocket tag style gameplay).
    I'm pretty sure Overlord was joking and wasn't really serious.

Also I know VERY few marines that actually like playing the engineer role and building up an actual FOB, so I have a massive doubt on the marines having fun on building.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea as a concept, but it hinges very delicately on xenos having skill in stealth and making good use of every xeno, which they tend not to do. There's always going to be marines guarding all entrances to where the queen is, which means that xenos would have to rush in and somehow kill all the marine guards without letting any escape and without letting any of them call for help, that's just not viable with the way xenos play.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Build_R_ View Post
    I like the idea as a concept, but it hinges very delicately on xenos having skill in stealth and making good use of every xeno, which they tend not to do. There's always going to be marines guarding all entrances to where the queen is, which means that xenos would have to rush in and somehow kill all the marine guards without letting any escape and without letting any of them call for help, that's just not viable with the way xenos play.
    I don't know about you but I have seen most xenos on my timezone do stealth takedowns pretty good. Could be timezone player difference on that part, which is why the stealth buff is a must. Disabling APCs and Sentries help cause distractions and sounding alert to a location can weaken guards on the other areas. That being said, I think the idea should be refined where the alarm can only be sounded after Queen is free, otherwise it's just not possible for xenos, so thanks for pointing this out.

Guarding all entrances to queen would be futile if xenos can free the other Ancient T3/Predalien bonuses to get to the queen, thereby breaking her out would be incredibly easy with the mass of incredibly overpowered xenos. The point of the bonus is to force the marines to spread their guards throughout the map.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Starcraft. An interesting idea, if not anything else.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    marines would just clump at the doors to the queen making it impossible to get through. Stealth works because you never know if theres a lurker around. In this game mode everyone would be lurkers. Marines will just spam examine verb and completely make lurkers useless because devs never fix anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    marines would just clump at the doors to the queen making it impossible to get through. Stealth works because you never know if theres a lurker around. In this game mode everyone would be lurkers. Marines will just spam examine verb and completely make lurkers useless because devs never fix anything.
    I've actually seen you play lurker really well so I understand your viewpoint, but if we have learned anything from 'clumping' is that it hardly works for marines simply because:

1. Marines FF easily in clumps (proven several times)
    2. Boiler gas (If freed) becomes effective
    3. Prae Acid Spray galore solves the issue

So the emphasis on T3 & Prae bonuses are crucial. Imagine an army of T3s and rav/preds encouraging FF nades.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    I've actually seen you play lurker really well so I understand your viewpoint, but if we have learned anything from 'clumping' is that it hardly works for marines simply because:

1. Marines FF easily in clumps (proven several times)
    2. Boiler gas (If freed) becomes effective
    3. Prae Acid Spray galore solves the issue

So the emphasis on T3 & Prae bonuses are crucial. Imagine an army of T3s and rav/preds encouraging FF nades.
    Oh I agree with everything you say in the context of normal fighting, my post was in response to trying to stealth a mission like in payday. Like trying to sneak passed marines to get to the queen and free her without detection.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know what im actually interested in the idea of payday 2 game mode.
    so long as we're talking about xeno being the main star here.
    4 perfectly healthy people when they're in the casing mode and then they can choose to burst and instantly evolve to begin the situation.