Byond ID?
    Xperia15

CM Character?
    Nathan Rahl - TAU

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Amsterdam (GMT +1)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    24+

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I was a mentor at Paradise.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I play mainly Paradise and CM.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    /

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I am not.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Was accidentally sticky banned by the Host, but immediately unbanned after appealing.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, I was perma banned on Paradise station for a year. However, this ban has been successfully appealed for good behaviour here.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, very much.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Check the player notes and see if they have a history of doing this. If not, inform the player that round start shenanigans are not allowed, place a note and leave it IC. If there is a history, apply an appropiate ban time.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Inform the player that i'm sorry that this happened to him, and that he should make a player report. Provide the player with the Ckey of the pred and a link to the forums.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    First, I will message the player if he needs help getting around. If yes, I will check if there are any mentors online and ask a mentor to take it over. If there are no mentors online, I will help him as much as I am able, like providing basic information and a link to our wiki.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Stay professional and ask him nicely to calm down, and inform him that if he thinks that I made a mistake that he should make a staff report so it can be sorted out. Then inform him that I am not obligated to get a higher admin to the conversation. If the player then continues to be rude, I would check their notes to see if he has been rude to staff before and apply an appropiate ban.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Inform the player that his name is breaking rule 12 and that he must change it next round. For the current round, ask the player to give a new name and change it. Apply a note aswel.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC issue, wearing armor on code green is breaking marine law so it's up to the MPs to punish him.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors are currently not allowed to be hostile. Inform the survivors that they are not allowed to be hostile, provide a link to our rules and apply a note. If the player(s) have a history of doing this, apply jobban for survivor.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would investigate the situation first. I will ask for the MPs side of the story and the player that ahelped side of the story. If marine law has been applied improperly, tell the MP to release the player immediately and that he should re-read marine law and the rules, and apply a note. If the MP has been doing this before, apply jobban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    QM the Xenos to do a final assault and take as many Marines with them before they fall. Inform the Commander to rally his troops and start mopping up the remaining xenos.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As always, stay calm and not escalate the situation. Ahelp the issue so another staff member can resolve the issue. When playing, staff are not allowed to handle issues regarding themself.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell the CLF player that EoRG only applies for friendly fire. Hostiles are allowed to shoot eachother at round end, IC issue.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Rule 4 violation here, also rule 2 violation. Ask the perpetrator what he is doing, and tell him to quit it immediately, and tell him to read our rules. If there is an history of this behaviour, apply appropiate ban.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Tell the player that murdererd the other player that he needs to follow rules of escalation, Rule 14 (fists - knife/tools - firearm). Tell him to read the rules. Then check if they have a history of doing this. If not, leave it as a warning and apply a note. If he has, then place a note and apply an appropiate ban time.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC the marines that they must stop the mutiny as it is improper and not approved by staff. If they disregard the MOOC, warn them again with MOOC and start applying forced sleep if they wont stop. Investigate the situation and apply proper actions against the main instigator(s).

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Minor racism is allowed, as long as it doesnt go too far. Investigate the chatlogs and either rule it IC or MOOC that they should drop the racism.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Griefers are not welcome here. Apply 7 day ban, note, and file for perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Message the player and ask him why he just did that. If it's an first time offense, tell the player that he should first evolve before leaving the hive, and apply a note. If there is an history, note and apply xeno job ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Message the player and tell him to knock the LRP off. Netspeak is not allowed and is considered LRP. Inform the player of our LRP guidelines and apply a note. If there is an history, then apply appropiate punishment, either a short ban or jobban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Tell the player that xeno language is a translation of their english thoughts. So calling the dropship an dropship as xeno is allowed. Leave it as an IC issue.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Inform the player that, while the USCM does know about the xenomorphs existence, he cannot assume that the colony has an xeno infestation and brief the marines about it. Check notes for repeated behaviour, if so, then apply appropiate punishment , if not then place a note.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If the situation was indeed roleplayed out, then it''s an IC issue. We are a MRP server, and saving your life when aliens are boarding has some leanway, to a certain degree of course. However, the important factor here is roleplay. Saying nothing and just shotgunning your way into the pod is not roleplay and that should be punished. If there was indeed actual roleplay, leave it IC.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Remain patient, calm and professional. People tend to sometimes become angry and thats understandable, and personal experience has taught me that he will fizz out soon. However, if it escalates and takes too long, inform another staff member to handle it since I cannot handle it myself.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform the player that SSD attacks are not against the rules and that it's an IC issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Politely message the staff in question that they made a mistake. Whats important here is to be nice, everyone makes mistakes.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    This issue is beyond my powers, so I would inform an staff manager for their input on the situation and have him handle the staff in question.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    The server and staff are awesome, and I would love to take a next step and really become part of this community. I've always loved CM, and I want to be more part of it.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Professionalism. A moderator must always be professional when dealing with situations and not let their emotions take over. They should remain calm and polite, and that is what professionalism is all about.

Anything else you
    You are all amazing, I have great respects to everyone that contributed to this community.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya answers are good just one to go over

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Griefers are not welcome here. Apply 7 day ban, note, and file for perma.

We now apply 28 day bans so it would be a 28 day + perma but the policy is still new and this is minor anyway so not too much of a problem

Ya hours are decent and ya note history is not great but I can see ya improving I don't mind seeing ya get a shot at being a mod +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No real comments to make. Notes aren't great but that's not a dealbreaker (Mine's pretty awful), activity is fine, and most of your answers are good bar that one Cheeks mentioned.

I actually recognize you from Paradise, never had bad experiences with you either. No objections on my part to give you a trial.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem with you getting a Trial.

Your answers are fine and I have seen you around.

Good Luck!

+1
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your responses and feedback!
    I've read the new ban changes and understand them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should get a trial.

The answers are fine and you are not a problematic player.

+1 from me and good luck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think i ever had an issue with you before and you are a good player.

I have no issues regarding a Trial.

I wait for you for your whippi- i mean training.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really seen you but the answers and everything is fine.

Other things were said, good luck!

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is accepted.
    Check your forum inbox.