User Tag List

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 210

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

  1. #171
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozentsbgg View Post
    CM's (and SS13 as a whole) strength comes from its sandbox. What Makes CM a lot more special from mainstream SS13, is that the sandbox has lore and gameplay that makes it a unique experience in which players can create their own stories in a wacky aliens inspired sci-fi universe. The sandbox of CM is what allows for both the combat and RP experience to be so enjoyable.

    We're not a Milsim RPing community, we're ss13, and I think we shouldn't be punishing weird things just because they're creative and outside of the box.
    This is an on-going problem with the current CM's team, I get the general vibe that people are not on the same page on the staff team.
    There is an obvious disconnect of what you want to enforce and be, versus what you actually are.

    What do I mean by this?
    A month ago there was a wide push to eliminate light-rp/no-rp elements and stop memeing in-game.
    Now here we have another Admin advocating for the exact opposite, promoting low-rp and honestly not knowing what role-play standards are (carson wasn't low RP).

    What you're advocating for here Frozen is NO-RP/Low-RP behavior, while staff higher ups are attempting to re-establish higher RP standards.

    CM is not a sandbox game, it's a lore specific environment with a set end-game goal for both teams to achieve. This is not an individuals story, this is the teams story and the people in it are a pawn or cog to the story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozentsbgg View Post
    I personally think that we should be allowing players (and staff) to make the most of this sandbox. Creating wacky out-of-the-box moments inside the sandbox shouldn't be punished.
    I cannot express how dangerous of an idea this is for the longevity of the game. You cannot have people create wacky out-of-the-box moments every single round, especially while actively trying to promote any form of RP on CM.
    You have a playerbase of 200-300 actives, how can you possibly justify allowing wacky out-of-the-box ideas on a normal basis with that many players???


    Create your story within the parameters set by the lore, game-play and what benefits the team as a whole. Abandoning your positions to create an out-of-lore roleplay situation while sacrificing the integrity of your job/role is selfish and sets a dangerous precedent for future players to follow.

  2. #172
    Senior Dev
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    This is a decisively false statement.

    For context I joined the staff team when the player-base was pushing 45-60 players during peak hours and by the time I reached Manager it was holding strong at 60 players.
    When we released the first "major" CM Modernization (Abby Era 2015-2016? New Ship + Map) we were peaking at 75-100 players.
    When I was removed in 2017 we were peaking between 150-200 players.
    For CM to be at 300 players at peak in 2020 is inline with previous growth rates.

    In-fact almost the entirety of SS13 has seen a steady increase in players over the years.

    I'm not trying to diminish the current Administrations efforts, but in general CM has seen a steady yearly growth of players during almost every single Administrations reigns.
    I'd love to reinforce this with actual data/stats which I had back during my time as Manager, but I unfortunately don't have access to this anymore.
    https://imgur.com/a/hVFOgMy

    Edit: I have to provide a bit of context.
    This data is published already and I just dug it up again.
    The lines are the amounts the rounds ended at. So not actual max playercounts seen.

    I do have some data on that. But this is pulled from hub data and not 100% accurate.
    In a spreadsheet made by a friend of mine
    https://imgur.com/a/EXmaxVN
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=674399891
    I also find it funny to look at the servers and who remains.

    You can try to find archived data from imas his project.
    https://github.com/lmas/ss13_se
    https://web.archive.org/web/2019*/http://www.ss13.se
    There are a few snapshots there of specific moments in time.
    Last edited by awan; 06-14-2020 at 03:41 PM.


    How to become senior dev.

  3. #173
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    Thanks for that

  4. #174
    Admin Frozentsbgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feweh, I think you misunderstood me completely.
    By sandbox, I don't mean there are no constraints. A sandbox can have constraints. In ours its the Setting and Lore.

    I think we have different interpretations of wacky out-of-the-box moments, I'm talking about creative roleplay which doesn't fit inside the typical cookie-cutter round outline, but still fits inside the wider CM sandbox.

    You also seem to have misunderstood that what i'm saying should be completely free reign.
    I don't. Players should be roleplaying reasonable characters in the sci-fi setting.

  5. #175
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozentsbgg View Post
    Feweh, I think you misunderstood me completely.
    By sandbox, I don't mean there are no constraints. A sandbox can have constraints. In ours its the Setting and Lore.

    I think we have different interpretations of wacky out-of-the-box moments, I'm talking about creative roleplay which doesn't fit inside the typical cookie-cutter round outline, but still fits inside the wider CM sandbox.

    You also seem to have misunderstood that what i'm saying should be completely free reign.
    I don't. Players should be roleplaying reasonable characters in the sci-fi setting.
    I misunderstood you then, under those guidelines that would fit.
    However we can agree to disagree that creating a micro-nation would be acceptable under that.

  6. #176
    Senior Member Casada_Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Russian server is out of question since it was... Russian. Can't do shit when everything is written in bunch of ants.
    Russians are Xenomains confirmed
    Main: Yuri Gennady Gregorovich

    Others:
    Amare Babatunde Jabari
    Go Mei Sin
    Wilson Alfred Longshanks
    Francois Babineux




    Spoiler Spoiler:


    C, C++, C#, CSS, C*, and C-- are the same. Dont let anyone fool ya

  7. #177
    Senior Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,479
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    A month ago there was a wide push to eliminate light-rp/no-rp elements and stop memeing in-game.
    It was only LRP bust, not 0RP. 0/No RP is fine.
    It fits your "cog" narrative of a marine, or beno who doesn't say anything, but *medic/*help, "Enemy spotted north!", "A-grip, webbing and two nades". No roleplaying, thus 0RP. This kind of beno, or marine doesn't ruin anyone fun, because he plays NPC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    What you're advocating for here Frozen is NO-RP/Low-RP behavior, while staff higher ups are attempting to re-establish higher RP standards.
    "Re-establish"? Hehe.
    I guess those LRP events that continue to appear are those attempts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    CM is not a sandbox game, it's a lore specific environment with a set end-game goal for both teams to achieve. This is not an individuals story, this is the teams story and the people in it are a pawn or cog to the story.
    Guess what... Without idividuals trying to lead their own story you can't have different "Team story". It will always look the same and it does.
    Try to remind yourself last 10 non-event CM rounds you played/observed/heard. Anything specific? Any round had something unique and memorable in terms of RP? If so, then why they were memorable? Maybe because some individual went out of his way to do and talk something interesting? I bet that 10 rounds after those micro-nation shops and 10 rounds before it were barerly worth that discord post from new round alert bot. While we are still arguing about those specific rounds weeks after.

    If not individuals, then who should make those fucking stories? CL no, because its individual, CO no, becuse its individual... Fucking Carson was all about his individual character to escape in cowardly manner and you say that its not LRP. How in this CM "teams story" fits Carson?
    Imagine unironically arguing that RP standards on server are bad and such and then dropping huge bomb of "... people in it are a pawn or cog to the story."
    Boooo Hoooo, people don't RP at all! Boooo Hooooo, people RP, but they don't RP as cogs and pawns! Booooo Hoooo, people create their own individual stories while no fun is allowed!
    Damned if you RP, damned if you don't RP.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    You cannot have people create wacky out-of-the-box moments every single round, especially while actively trying to promote any form of RP on CM.
    You cannot constantly make out-of-the-box LRP events every single time, especially while actively trying to promote any form of RP on CM... Oh wait. They can.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Create your story within the parameters set by the lore, game-play and what benefits the team as a whole. Abandoning your positions to create an out-of-lore roleplay situation while sacrificing the integrity of your job/role is selfish and sets a dangerous precedent for future players to follow.
    And that lore is? Schrodinger's Cat Alien lore. Cannon, or not cannon depending on Council of Beetroot whim, or personal admeme preference.
    How the fuck marines, or benos can create any store that benefits the team as a whole?
    Some baldo RP skills will inspire every marine to move faster? Some beno *roar and *tail good enough so that other benos will get +5 damage on each slash?
    The second you spend writing shit is the second you could spend on fighting the enemy. The second you ask CO to sign some paper shit is the second wasted as you could ask him over comms.

    "Abandoning your positions to create an out-of-lore roleplay situation while sacrificing the integrity of your job/role..." We are talking about CL right?

    "... selfish and sets a dangerous precedent for future players to follow." Or maybe... Just maybe... It sets a good RP example for future players to follow and that is this "dangerous" part? I don't see a reason why frames can't be put on each and every role. PFC and Doctors definatelly shouldn't open a full-on shop on Almayer, but why not CL? How could this hurt anyone?

    I see it this way: You have your own twisted vision of RP and everyone has to follow it. Despite the fact that this shit is written nowhere. While you see a splinter in the players eye, log in some staff and your own is somehow unnoticed.

    CM shouldn't be closing itself on RP opportunities and then scream that nobody RPs good enough. Cyborgs for example, there is for some reason big no-no on marine cyborgs, because "its LRP". No explenation why its LRP, its LRP, because its LRP and you can't have it. Despite the fact that marines get those limbs left and right during OP.

    There is nothing in lore to hook your character. Any recent happenings? Nobody knows. Any famous humans around? Nobody knows. State of Arcturia? Nobody knows. Even if people will adhere to those bullshit, twisted and pretzeled "AltRP-Standards", they are finite and get boring quite fast.
    REDEMPTION

  8. #178
    Senior Member ladwhy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USCM HC and W-Y Administration whitelist

    boom, problem solved

    give them a little HQ or something, also players can just chill on their phone until they get a fax
    Ray 'Soap' Sandys - Marine MAIN

    JAV4 - Sniper Team Two LEADER and part of EPIC lurker gang

    "Remove any doubts in your head. It's us, or them."

  9. #179
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from the obvious problem of that being an Alt-Tab job, people take faxes as the word of Staff, meaning either changing the authority of those writing faxes/letting readers know when it's staff sanctioned and when not.

  10. #180
    Whitelisted Predator
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladwhy View Post
    USCM HC and W-Y Administration whitelist

    boom, problem solved

    give them a little HQ or something, also players can just chill on their phone until they get a fax
    yes please give me the WL now
    i play delta sl sometimes





    delta guy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •