User Tag List

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

I think there needs to be better consideration for when someone breaks the rules but the round is still fun. By all impressions everyone had fun in this, and I do not think that Wama even got a player report. They did something interesting with a round and instead, a grey area was interpreted to be worthy of a CL job ban?

I have seen this more and more lately and it's taking the game from interesting to a boring TDM. We have already bled several "fun" captains. Do you want the game to be where everyone just gets load outs and shoots each other without saying a word?

In addition, bans like this set a bad precedence because now no one will be willing to experiment with the CL role. As much as we all like the CL who fills out paperwork, sends faxes that are ignored, and generally is boring; we wont get a more interesting use of the role if people are scared to try new things because of job bans.

Oh and my original post was below. Thank you for ignoring my underlined sentence and giving me an infraction instead. I hope the new report system allows people to give their opinions.

I do not understand tha argument about the "ship state". Whether he calls it his CL office or whatever isn't that part of the ship his property? Else why does he have private shutters and a private evac that only he has access to.

It is basically like an embassy for WY. He can open a store there if he wants.. and the mps can raid him. This seems all in game.. its not like he blew up CiC in a "revolution". Self antag is a bit silly right?

And the comments in this report might be important in this case because of the position the CL is in. It is a role without a goal other than to RP. This report might set a precedent on how its played, thus my opinion. And i know I would rather the CL do stuff like this, than the usual bullshit of drugging people on hyperzine and making people sign boring documents.

Job ban seems too much, he should just get a day ban or something for the goofy fax. And even that is extreme considering a certain level of taunting exists in this game. How many times has the staff played the "salt" midi in response to deathchat whining?

Reverse the job ban. Set a precedent for CL rp. No punishment for staff or player.

//showthrea...-x31stOverlord
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 06-06-2020 at 09:37 PM. Reason: edited to link to report as it has more info
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not be a salty shitter but

admins: we want to promote roleplay on the marine side and give CLs a reason to do stuff other than beg for PMCs

CL: does exactly that

admins: wait no what you can't do that that's bullshit

come on what the fuck this isn't even an issue, what drev did was ACTUALLY FUN and diverged from the round in a positive way, I cannot see a downside to this as long as the shitlord is actually making things fun and isn't doing it every round

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm today we will ban someone who's actually trying to make the CL role fun instead of the boring cookie-cutter "sign my document and answer my fax please" CL.

Remember everyone, the party approved way to RP is milsim. If you try to do anything fun and unordinary, you get warned and banned, even though players enjoy it and are not forced into playing it.

This rule doesn't apply to admins of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did wakamahana do ? I am out of the loop on this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that one round where a CL made RO sign a contract that basically said "if I beat you in a fight I get ownership of req" and admins went along with it, resulting in the epic Space Jam battle that got me this medal
    Annotation 2020-04-15 163952.png
    Nobody complained about that round because it was fun RP and it even though it could be construed as LRP memes nobody got banned or warned for it. Admins literally posted announcements of the score and made the round more enjoyable.

I really wish staff and players could get along for enough time to have more fun rounds like this, fun events are what makes CM unique and what really made me want to commit playing on the server. Maybe one day staff and players will agree on something and everyone will benefit, until then I guess everyone still has stuff to complain about.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahra View Post
    What did wakamahana do ? I am out of the loop on this one.
    I did several rounds where I ran a store out of the CL's office, selling stuff I had taken and trading it with marines for things they had taken. Then I did 2 rounds where I ran a 'microstate' out of my office, getting the captain to sign off on it and basically doing it as a scheme to smuggle booze and guns into my office with intentions to sell it. I got an antag and lrp job ban for those things, and then I made a very stupid and spiteful ooc fax saying "space chiefs mad" which I got a 3 reasonable hour ban for (I need to work on not letting my ooc frustrations effect my ingame character).

But overall the store and state of windgonia didn't ever hurt the marines or jeopardise the fun of any other player, it was all just voluntary RP that everyone enjoyed playing with from the customers to MP's who actually had something interesting to deal with shipside. I think staff would do better to embrace player driven RP, especially when its of no harm to anyone elses enjoyment of the server.
    Last edited by Dreven; 06-05-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admins need to start thinking "are the people involved having fun?" rather than "do I think this is cool?" when applying rule 0.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He do be saying the truth though

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm yes, today I will try something different that people like and I get punished for it. Thank you CM!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    snip
    That goes waaaaaay beyond that. I can count actual non-LRP events that I know of (not only participated) on a fingers of my one hand. All that shit-talk about CM going LRP because of players. Show me ebent admeme who does events that could happen in "MRP" CM world? There is no. Such events are so fucking rare that there is a post about each one of them on forum, because this is how unique they are. Last that comes to my mind is ship to ship combat from like few months ago.

Do you want to be a cyborg, your RP transhumanist, you commit to it for years now? LRP mate, sorry to say, but you can't change that as its very unrealistic! Oh, cat rights? Of course cat has bigger rights than AI that runs the military ship, dummy.

Keep the RP medium, but spawn stupid shit and call it good ebent. This time its not player-side issue. December? Fucking WEEKS of santa fuckhats instead of helmets. Halloween? Of course USCM has cash for stupid decorations.

Ebent? Predator CO. Ebent? Space Carps. Ebent? Yiren Squad. Ebent? Marines changed into monkeys. Ebent? Ravengers. Ebent? Primordial benos.

However, what we could expect when one admeme actually posted in the past that he literally doesn't give a shit anymore and is exhausted, but still is a admeme despite of that.

We can't go further if something in this field will change.