User Tag List

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    interesting to note that staff hold this view of "LRP is okay for events because their an occasional thing to mix up the gameplay", but when a moderator rule zeroed me to play a game of scalpball as a mini event (and during the april fools no less, when WAY MORE LRP shit was going on and no one cared) that moderator got yelled at for it. And dont even get me started on how lack of consequences brought about by supremely advanced medical tech would effect society and the dangerous sports they play, especially drugged up gung ho space marines.
    Just goes to show you the absolutely horrible disconnect between staff.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Just goes to show you the absolutely horrible disconnect between staff.
    feels like during that case atleast, it wasn't "this is too LRP" and more "this is too windhealer", but respect to starmute for letting us do it and getting in trouble over it for some reason.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end we have to find a happy medium for everyone on the server. Contrary to popular belief as I always say, I've always tried to appease both the HRP Snooper types who want to pretend they're some Roman general giving rousing speeches to the IMAMARINE type who just wants to shoot things and say Yeet and epic.

I've spent my 2 years on this team to make things fair, but we're not going to make everyone happy. However in about 2-3 weeks hopefully I can get mods/senior mods on the same page. I spent the first month trying to work out the inactive/burned out ones, and then I will continue when I get back from my vacation to move forward with the remaining team and come up with a solution.

And for the record I don't permit the senior mods to do the LRP events, they're only supposed to do small things or cosmetic things to give the round some flavor. The most LRP thing a senior mod did was give people clown shoes as an inside joke.

However, I don't control admins, but I don't necessarily believe some of the events they do are really LOW ROLEPLAY and are moreso fun events such as the cards of fate D&D event that Dubszor has done, and they should be sparingly done. One thing the player base has to remember, admins can't play the game when they run events. They have to observe, they have to watch it, and make sure it runs ok. It's not like admins are just saying HURF HERES A CLOWN CAR ILL GO PLAY MARINE GLHF.

As far as windhealer's situation, I've always tolerated his gimmick like other players gimmicks as long as they didn't go over the top or break rules. However, I still agree with vamp that a CL trying to declare himself a sovereign nation and recruit a personal military is a tad bit over the top.

I think grimcad will make a fair ruling.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 06-10-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    -snip-
    I'll have you know that operation ClownCrasher Two was a complete success, and led to the total eradication of all hostile forces on Shiva's Snowball. Also #FreeWindhealer
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    feels like during that case atleast, it wasn't "this is too LRP" and more "this is too windhealer", but respect to starmute for letting us do it and getting in trouble over it for some reason.
    The only reason they'd have gotten into trouble is because you've explicitly been warned not to do it by management before, so an Admin Rule 0 wouldn't cover it.

I think your roleplay style is of some quality, however I also agree with Vampmare that it doesn't suit the game. Things happening one or two times is ok, but you have a habit of driving things into the ground by doing exactly the same thing again and again round after round back to back. It gets old fast.

I'm happy to cover some things in events, they can make things interesting. But doing things every round that are toeing the line of things you've been warned about before isn't good.

The issues I see with the declaration of an independent state is the following:
    1. Immunity to Marine Law, this isn't something that can be granted by anyone other than an admin. Certainly not the Captain or the CL.
    2. The ability to hoard weapons, as this borders metagaming subject to certain situations
    3. Lastly, you did it once. And then you did it again for the next 2-4 rounds. That one time would have skated past. But doing it over and over, going to the CO immediately at round start each time, meant things got out of hand.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    The only reason they'd have gotten into trouble is because you've explicitly been warned not to do it by management before, so an Admin Rule 0 wouldn't cover it.

I think your roleplay style is of some quality, however I also agree with Vampmare that it doesn't suit the game. Things happening one or two times is ok, but you have a habit of driving things into the ground by doing exactly the same thing again and again round after round back to back. It gets old fast.

I'm happy to cover some things in events, they can make things interesting. But doing things every round that are toeing the line of things you've been warned about before isn't good.

The issues I see with the declaration of an independent state is the following:
    1. Immunity to Marine Law, this isn't something that can be granted by anyone other than an admin. Certainly not the Captain or the CL.
    2. The ability to hoard weapons, as this borders metagaming subject to certain situations
    3. Lastly, you did it once. And then you did it again for the next 2-4 rounds. That one time would have skated past. But doing it over and over, going to the CO immediately at round start each time, meant things got out of hand.
    The immunity to marine law was only for minor crimes, CO can request they don't arrest for those but true he can't order them to ignore them if MPs don't want to. I think that was fine, just saying.

The weapons weren't really metagaming, they were taken from the colony as to be sold in the Windgonia aka a shop but with a fancy name.

Third point is good though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that really rubs me the wrong way is that players in general ENJOY the Windhealer RP and dynamic, while most staff merely TOLARATES it. I personally don't really think ANY Forest's points really make sense if you think about them from Dreven's perspective.

1) A character has no reason to believe a Captain can't grant immunity from Marine Law, be it only for minor or major crimes, as evident by the fact everyone in the round also believed the same thing, and i'm sure many other CL's and CO's do aswell
    2) Yea, hoarding weapons can be metagaming? But how? And also it obviously wasn't (I don't get this point at all honestly)
    3)Lastly, not everyone's gonna be in the same round every time, and not everyone's gonna play the same roles, so you'll obviously get different experiences each time. And going to the CO immediately makes sense when you acknowledge that rounds can last for an hour, so you really have very limited time to actually set everything in place to actually get to RP running a shop. Like what do you expect? Dreven to waste time for 15 minutes and then proceed to set up shop for half an hour and have five minutes of RP near the end? And would that like, make what he did ok?

It's either fine or it isn't. If a mod does one round of LRP the consensus shouldn't be "OH GUYS BUT IT'S ONLY ONE ROUND SO W/E" because I just think that's a really weak bullshit excuse, like it's either fine or it isn't.

Honestly this is all so arbitrary and feelsbad, it's all basically coming down to "well me personally i think x is over the top so the job ban stays", like, a'rite, but could we like, get guidelines, whether it's for how to roleplay a realistic milsim character or disallowing character's to engage in their own "mini-events" or becoming more lenient in roleplaying standards. Believe it or not you can roleplay a non serious incident completely seriously and it's still actually roleplaying.

Also if ithe RP decisions move more towards making a realistic milsim experience, please remove CL if a role centered around roleplaying will get you jobbanned unless you're some kinda masochist who goes on CM of all places to roleplay their paperwork simulator A place where you can't self antag despite the role requiring it and you can't be wacky or do anything but drudgery unless you wanna risk a job ban. And on top of that faxes have a relatively low response rate, which is understandable, because as we all know RP is the devil's work
    Last edited by HoseaPalindrome; 06-10-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RP for what should happen on a ship is really open to opinion. We have in the recent past had US admirals get popped for taking all kinds of underhanded bribes and doing weird shit. We legit had gang issues on some of the Us air craft carriers. Its practically a little floating city. Things have gotten pretty wild on aircraft carriers far from home. Not that it matters really anyways, in rp its a spaceship light years from any other friendlies. The captain is incredibly alone with virtually 0 oversight. The only oversight is artificial and low role play. Or read, the current opinion of whoever is controlling texts from high command.

To be clear to all of the mods and staff, I think myself and much of the player base really enjoy your events. HRP, LRP or whatever we appreciate the effort you guys put into them. Even if they are ridiculous and incredibly lrp I think the resounding answer from the community is we enjoy them or find them to be funny. The recent ship to ship combat where we accidently fired on our allies and then accelerated the wrong direction away from combat. That shit cracked me up, didnt matter it was lrp it was just funny and enjoyable. We enjoy the fun stuff you guys do, its some of the best parts of being here. The problem is we as a player base cant gauge the actions of admins as a guideline for rp standards. If we use staff as an example then it seems clear from the giant corgies and clown cars that anything goes here. If we cant use staff as examples for rp standards then we have to understand that staff have a monopoly on when where and why fun is allowed. In that case the only path to attempting anything LRP would be to climb your way through the staff ranks until you can make giant space clowns and blast weird midis without anyone with the authority to stop you.

At this point I should probably point out again that we all seem to like your lrp events. Should probably draw here the conclusion that maybe the majority of players here no longer or ever did want rp standards this strict. I think the staff needs to take a serious look at adjusting the rp standards for the sake of player and community enjoyment. Now nobody here is advocating for lawlessness and reckless abandon, it makes good sense to have rules about killing, griefing, erp and others. The ones that need to be looked at are rules that are too open to interpretation and end up stifling creativity. Its kind of like the war on drugs, if what youre doing isnt working the correct answer isnt to enforce it harder. If something is overwhelming rejected by the player base, the correct response isnt to talk to devs to create hand forcing mechanics. This just further fuels resentment and divide.

The cure cannot be worse then the disease.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rework CM. Replace xenos and marines with yirens and monkeys. YvM TDM will make everybody happy
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unban windhealer