User Tag List

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real galaxy brain move here is to make dreven an admin so that he can finally become truly MRP like all the outstanding admin events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, well, whatever us degenerates call MRP anymore, since that apparently involve tank clown cars driven by clowns with 50 armed marines inside of them.

MuH MeEaRrPeE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just want to say, while I appreciate the aggrevation admins (in this case particularly headmins) may feel at their staff being second guessed or berated for their decisions, threatening to hand out forum bans and lock this thread over the responses present is absolutely unacceptable. If you want to see real toxic behavior towards admins just spend some time on VG /ss13/ thread, because as far as I can see nothing here falls nearly to that level. Theres a few sarcastic comments about policy and back talk but none of it rises nearly to the point of personal attacks or outright insulting of admins.

I think, in my humble opinion, that you seriously need to start polling your fan base or holding open town halls to establish what, exactly, your fanbase actually wants from this server. It seems to me the biggest problem you have is a failure to communicate on all sides, with the things admins want of people being lost in translation as well as the things people want of the admins and coders.

Simple things like surveys can make a world of differences for admin policy and for ensuring drama like this does not happen.

I say this as someone who has been a regular SS13 player for 8 years now as well as an irregular player of this server for about 5 years.
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 06-11-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got infraction for being a witness during the CL round of Wamakahana. They said it will not help to resolve the report. Epic. Admins should check the logs that I was the CMP during that round.

If you can't handle a criticism against any players from this thread and attempting to shut it down. Then what is the reason to keep this game going?
    Last edited by ChengChan; 06-11-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "hm this deviates from the standard 2-hour slogfest we have set as an unchanging standard, better shut it down."

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I think, in my humble opinion, that you seriously need to start polling your fan base or holding open town halls to establish what, exactly, your fanbase actually wants from this server. It seems to me the biggest problem you have is a failure to communicate on all sides, with the things admins want of people being lost in translation as well as the things people want of the admins and coders.
    As if, not even mods get any say. Mods were making a stink in staffcord a few months back because they didn't like being treated like garbage and the response at the time basically said they don't get a say because CM staff is a hierarchy.

As for players, Neth (and Cakey before he left) have always been saying the ol' "Adapt or leave this is our game not yours". Only a few devs will take feedback and I love them for it, but at the same time it's sad how low that bar is.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    In the end we have to find a happy medium for everyone on the server. Contrary to popular belief as I always say, I've always tried to appease both the HRP Snooper types who want to pretend they're some Roman general giving rousing speeches to the IMAMARINE type who just wants to shoot things and say Yeet and epic.

I've spent my 2 years on this team to make things fair, but we're not going to make everyone happy. However in about 2-3 weeks hopefully I can get mods/senior mods on the same page. I spent the first month trying to work out the inactive/burned out ones, and then I will continue when I get back from my vacation to move forward with the remaining team and come up with a solution.

And for the record I don't permit the senior mods to do the LRP events, they're only supposed to do small things or cosmetic things to give the round some flavor. The most LRP thing a senior mod did was give people clown shoes as an inside joke.

However, I don't control admins, but I don't necessarily believe some of the events they do are really LOW ROLEPLAY and are moreso fun events such as the cards of fate D&D event that Dubszor has done, and they should be sparingly done. One thing the player base has to remember, admins can't play the game when they run events. They have to observe, they have to watch it, and make sure it runs ok. It's not like admins are just saying HURF HERES A CLOWN CAR ILL GO PLAY MARINE GLHF.

As far as windhealer's situation, I've always tolerated his gimmick like other players gimmicks as long as they didn't go over the top or break rules. However, I still agree with vamp that a CL trying to declare himself a sovereign nation and recruit a personal military is a tad bit over the top.

I think grimcad will make a fair ruling.
    Props to your willingness to respond as well as your fairness. I think staff on here does a damn good job for free. I disagree with the attitude of enforcement, but I am not staff so maybe you are just stuck and cant do anything.

To be clear, I think the vast vast VAST majority of players dont really care if an event is LRP or not. I caught the tail end of the Clown Car event. I thought it was hilarious. NO i dont want it to be a permanent thing... but we had fun.

We (or at least I dont) DO NOT want staff/mods to be brought to this "Windhealer standard", where anything LRP is off limits, fun or not. We want players to be lowered to the staff limit, where "you tried this, no one cared, whatever".

The first question I think should be asked in ANY scenario is "was this fun"? And that should have heavy heavy impact on rule interpretation. Especially if there isn't a "victim". No marine reported WH because they got arrested for being part of his scheme or killed by Windgonias. No one seems to care but staff.

Sidebar: This reminds me a lot of a round where I caught a two week ban from synth. Marines had jokingly asked if I wanted to join a munity, and the captain said "yes, as a double agent". So in synth fashion I told them "yes, the captain said I could join as long as its as a double agent, hey... who else is a mutineer". The marines were then executed for joking about a mutiny and I was tasked with putting their bodies in the morgue. So I (as I had not been told to stop being a double agent) promptly revived them, got their trust, and sent them on their way. I then announced to command that "Good news, when I revived the mutineers they confirmed no one else is in the mutiny". The CMP, and Captain both facepalmed since they forgot to tell me to stop being a mutineer, and in typical MP fashion; I was arrested, charged with sedition, the CMP overruled the CO's pardon, and executed. Becoming (I Think) the only almayer synth to be executed. (which also failed because they blew my head off with a shotgun and my head came back to life)

I had a fun time, the captain and CMP said it was hilarious, the mutineers said I was "best synth" etc. I went to my execution willingly and it actually was upsetting enough to marines that they tried to storm the brig. No reports were had.

Following the round the CO, CMP, and myself were all punished for rulebreaks. The captain for ordering me to join a munity which is an illegal order, myself suspended for 2 weeks for following it, and the cmp for his overreaches. I tried something and spent my entire christmas break on synthban.

I understand why I was punished, I went into some pretty grey areas and skirted some lines. But It was surprising to me then that "did anyone complain" and "everyone had fun" had no bearing on the situation at all. (and I know this was council not mods/staff which is different; but there is some overlap and the attitude seems to be the same).
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it LRP in regards to the setting? Yes, definitely

Was it disturbing the round? No, I was surv, round went as usual and the whole CL thing was a corner thing happening on the sideways, most ungas never even see the CL's office in a round, not even half the marines knew what was going on with Wakahama

Does it derserve a Job Ban? Fuck no.

First of all, rule 0. Second, you people have left the CL role and RP in general in such a state that it's either play pretend inside a play pretend videogame and imagine that your RP has any impact on the gameplay when it absolutely doesn't or sit silently in a corner and log off after 5 minutes. You cannot really blame Wakahama for doing some wacky shit outside the strict rules that exist only to punish deviant behavior but never to set exactly WHAT is MRP. Specially considering people in whitelist positions such as CO or Synth do more uncharacteristic and stupid shit that never gets them in trouble much less job banned.
    Last edited by SilentMountain; 06-11-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ban was legit, player ran a LRP mini-game out of his single slot job position.
    Liaison would never start a shop, it's complete stupidity and out of context for the server.

This comes after a few weeks of Staff specifically cracking down on LRP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    The ban was legit, player ran a LRP mini-game out of his single slot job position.
    Liaison would never start a shop, it's complete stupidity and out of context for the server.

This comes after a few weeks of Staff specifically cracking down on LRP.
    the LRP thing is debatable but it's not the reason for outrage, the reason is because this was ruled at self-antagging and got him job banned
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications