User Tag List

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    There was a player who complained to me about his LRP ban that immediately demanded we ban dreven for his gimmick and snow7 for his Japanese gimmick as well trying to make a complaint I should remove his ban because we allow the gimmicks.

There are people who don’t contribute on the forums who play the game who would probably complain, or they do it in private behind closed doors in DMs

So there are players who supposedly can’t stand the gimmick but won’t speak up here
    I know your statement was called suspect by another user but I believe it. People can be petty man, and im sure a bunch have complained about it. How many of those players used it as an example to throw him under the bus when being banned themselves, vs how many people just messaged you to complain about his character? Without the context of why the other player was banned for LRP I cant glean much from your comment. If they were doing something that could be debated on as to whether or not it was lrp then it would suggest issues with RP evenly being enforced or not well understood. If it was like insane lrp then theyre just a shitter who cant take the punishment for what they did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    image containing information
    I don't know if you did it as an joke but if you didn't... the other parties name can be easily read.
    Last edited by Googles_Hands; 06-12-2020 at 11:30 PM. Reason: incase it was on accident

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of this just sounds like the usual trader events that happen, but instead of it being an admin doing it, a player decided to do one himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more i hear about "but the banned/non-banned players complained about his lrp too" the more I see it's just a shield for admins to hide behind to justify their decision to target windhealer; disregarding the current conversation. I've yet to hear the reasons from the actual admin who banned him. The report has been sitting there for a week without results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I have no horse in this race, hell I haven't been on here much less played SS13 in months. But I only just found out about this little spat and feel like I have to say something.

Some of you may not like this, but honestly, even if he did 100% break the rules, does it even matter? I've never seen it in action myself, but I've heard whispers that some servers will allow some light rule breaking if it makes the admin laugh or something. I know no admins here are laughing, but the overwhelming community response seems to be that Windhealer did nothing except have fun, got people involved in something engaging, and didn't directly ruin anyone's round. If the actual incident checked all 3 of those boxes, is it really that hard to just let it slide?

And don't give me shit about any slippery slope. The worst thing this could inspire is copycats, in which case apply the same little checklist on a case-by-case basis to determine if it's actually worth punishment.

I don't really know honestly, I wasn't there. But hell, I just feel like this is sticking to the rules too much for something that sounds so fun and harmless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rules are meant to protect the community including both staff and the players...

But the ruleset is being handled in such an arbitrary manner by the staff

If fun LRP admemes are allowed every now and then, then what's the issue with the occasional LRP player memes? At the end of the day, everyone's having fun in a 2d space computer game inspired by the ayy franchise with its lore and official work adjusted by the developers.

Even today I do not see why the CL ban was necessary

I find this whole thing strange
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When staff and the dev team realize they can just say too bad and enforce the rules and balance how they want and ignore the whining masses yall are completely fucked. This kind of stuff is what will push them to that. They will realize they can just balance/administrate how they think is best for the game and all the whining idiots will just keep playing because all the whining is just what people do for no real reason besides to whine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh, that kind of thinking would make a huge amount of the playerbase leave. Just calling anyone who wants a change or is criticizing staff 'whiners' is some kindergarten levels of argument.

They're well aware of the power they hold, but I'm sure as hell that this group of volunteers that all originally started by playing the game, same as us, wants everyone to have fun. So they, and us, are trying to figure out the best solution going forward.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoliathTheDespoiler View Post
    Bruh, that kind of thinking would make a huge amount of the playerbase leave. Just calling anyone who wants a change or is criticizing staff 'whiners' is some kindergarten levels of argument.

They're well aware of the power they hold, but I'm sure as hell that this group of volunteers that all originally started by playing the game, same as us, wants everyone to have fun. So they, and us, are trying to figure out the best solution going forward.
    Explain why the playerbase grew during Feweh and Apop times then? They were way more oppressive than this staff has ever been. This staff and dev team literally listens to who whines the most when making decisions. Most people are satisfied with the game all the ones bitching and moaning ARE whiners. You dont represent the playerbase you are a minority.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Explain why the playerbase grew during Feweh and Apop times then? They were way more oppressive than this staff has ever been. This staff and dev team literally listens to who whines the most when making decisions. Most people are satisfied with the game all the ones bitching and moaning ARE whiners. You dont represent the playerbase you are a minority.
    Wasn't that like the only "Combat" server where you get the gun from roundstart? I don't recall any other when I started playing CM.