User Tag List

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I think there needs to be better consideration for when someone breaks the rules but the round is still fun.
    Rule 0 moment.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Rule 0 moment.
    Its only used when admeme spawns something, then he says "rule 0, its ebent" and its all good.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Its only used when admeme spawns something, then he says "rule 0, its ebent" and its all good.
    Tragic.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Tragic.
    Ironic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roleplay quality is significantly higher than it was in the past. This whole idea that we don't roleplay anymore is quite ridiculous. The only roleplay which is disallowed anymore is low roleplay.

Having roleplay standards is totally fine, if you're unsure about something being borderline, you can always ahelp it and boom, you've covered your bases. Hell, you can even just readjust it so it makes sense ICly.

On to Draven/Windhealer, I'm quite fond of him OOCly but he does tend begin roleplay which could be placed in a better and more fitting manner (the microstate stuff is far too close to the cargonia shit), and his actions tend to go to the more lower roleplay extremes, which attract people which make trouble and it usually falls on him. I do personally think that a fresh-start character wise would be in his best interest, as we've actually spoke a fair amount and he has the potential to be quite the roleplayer from what we've spoken about.

I believe the last round I played with him. He held a boxing match, which I overlooked, which resulted in two people dead initially, and then proceeded in to people interfering with the murderers arrest, then proceeded with a marine point blanking me in the chest with a shotgun.

This type of esculation generally derails the round and causes a lot of headaches for the staff, and could easily be avoided, if done correctly and in a more managed way.

Regarding low roleplay events. Yes, they are in my view, generally dumb and staff should be usually keeping to the same standards they expect from the community. As such behaviour can be seen as legitimised, once they see other people in the community, especially staff, doing such things.

That's just my thoughts on the matter, but once again, I can say for a certainty that roleplay quality has improved since 2015/2016
    Last edited by solidfury7; 06-05-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'e only had a negative experience with Windhealer myself, but I agree that this seems ridiculous to get a job-ban for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only approved (L)RP ebents is the ones approved by admeme , sorry folks.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windhealer is anything but LRP. There needs to be made a distinction between milsim RP and heavy RP, because they are not synonym. Windhealer is probably the most consistent HRP person on the server, they're just not milsim and that's great.

Anyways, when people wonder "why is RP so low in CM", this is why. Any attempts to make an interesting, fun character to RP with, get shut down BY STAFF. Enjoy the bleak, dull ass fucking cookie cutter milsim characters without a personality, I guess. 99% of people arguing for "HRP" are playing self insert, cookie cutter milsim chars with no personality, so I don't really give a shit what they think, honestly.
    Last edited by Destrok; 06-05-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Windhealer is anything but LRP. There needs to be made a distinction between milsim RP and heavy RP, because they are not synonym. Windhealer is probably the most consistent HRP person on the server, they're just not milsim and that's great.

Anyways, when people wonder "why is RP so low in CM", this is why. Any attempts to make an interesting, fun character to RP with, get shut down BY STAFF. Enjoy the bleak, dull ass fucking cookie cutter milsim characters without a personality, I guess. 99% of people arguing for "HRP" are playing self insert, cookie cutter milsim chars with no personality, so I don't really give a shit what they think, honestly.
    This is the most accurate statement in the thread so far. Staff think that 'HRP' is 'Act like a boring milsim guy straight out of an ARMA 3 server'. HRP is playing a character with a consistent personality and interesting traits that overall improve the roleplay atmosphere of the game and make everyone have a fun time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    I did several rounds where I ran a store out of the CL's office, selling stuff I had taken and trading it with marines for things they had taken. Then I did 2 rounds where I ran a 'microstate' out of my office, getting the captain to sign off on it and basically doing it as a scheme to smuggle booze and guns into my office with intentions to sell it. I got an antag and lrp job ban for those things, and then I made a very stupid and spiteful ooc fax saying "space chiefs mad" which I got a 3 reasonable hour ban for (I need to work on not letting my ooc frustrations effect my ingame character).

But overall the store and state of windgonia didn't ever hurt the marines or jeopardise the fun of any other player, it was all just voluntary RP that everyone enjoyed playing with from the customers to MP's who actually had something interesting to deal with shipside. I think staff would do better to embrace player driven RP, especially when its of no harm to anyone elses enjoyment of the server.
    Personally I think the round where you did the CL mutiny did hurt the marines but to me it was just an IC issue like anything else you did.