User Tag List

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    except scalpball was only ever played pre drop, and it NEVER delayed drop further than 12:25 (the time I always do drop)???? and i've always put effort into making sure I was commanding and communicating with marines while planetside or CIC. Don't make up that I've wasted time playing minigames while the marines were deployed. How did scalpball ever disrupt or delay the round besides a few guys having to go to medbay, this is like when boxing and basketball got banned pre drop because staff made up that it delayed the round. This is old news but I dont like it being warped like this

it sounds like from soldiers ruling there, scalpball should be allowed lol
    I didnt say it delayed anything I said it kept the entire staff from doing command stuff. We were down on the planet getting no supplies or orders while getting smashed by the aliens. I remember it explicitly because I was fucking pissed off at the time. You dont remember it because it didnt affect you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I didnt say it delayed anything I said it kept the entire staff from doing command stuff. We were down on the planet getting no supplies or orders while getting smashed by the aliens. I remember it explicitly because I was fucking pissed off at the time. You dont remember it because it didnt affect you.
    How did this happen when command staff were only involved with it before the marines dropped to the planet, i've never deployed marines without orders either? I probably spam announcement maps more than anyone before drop whether we played basketball or not

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did this happen when command staff were only involved with it before the marines dropped to the planet, i've never deployed marines without orders either? I probably spam announcement maps more than anyone before drop whether we played basketball or not
    because it was command vs SLs and we deployed while yall kept playing scalp ball. I remember calling over and over for supplies cause we were literally running out of ammo. We didnt even have a fob and no one on command was doing anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because it was command vs SLs and we deployed while yall kept playing scalp ball. I remember calling over and over for supplies cause we were literally running out of ammo. We didnt even have a fob and no one on command was doing anything.
    You deployed before 12:25?

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you deployed before command was ready for you to deploy, deliberately disobeying the order to deploy at a different time, and blame command for not being ready? Bruh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah yes now I remember, some marines got inpatient and stole the dropship early, delaying the deployment of EVERYONE ELSE, most of delta and then complaining that this is somehow commands fault even though it was clear that deployment was gonna be at 12:25. How is any of this the fault of me playing scalpball before deployment????

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    within reason
    I mean I could go on for hours about how future space marines, who have no fear of physical injury, are all hardcore opioid addicts and have little to no contact with anyone outside their ship would probably play stupid games like machete basketball because its not that far away from the stupid shit that marines do now to pass time. But thats old and resolved and idc anymore, but I wont lie im a little bit sick of the story being changed that it somehow ever delayed or disrupted the round.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean I could go on for hours about how future space marines, who have no fear of physical injury, are all hardcore opioid addicts and have little to no contact with anyone outside their ship would probably play stupid games like machete basketball because its not that far away from the stupid shit that marines do now to pass time. But thats old and resolved and idc anymore, but I wont lie im a little bit sick of the story being changed that it somehow ever delayed or disrupted the round.
    We aren't space marines, we don't have special armor or are on any drugs. We are supposed to feel pain just like humans today. The problem with scalpball is that it is LRP, marines would never throw a machete around in a form of a basketball game and beat each other for it. I remember the CL died during last scalpball, was epic but you get what I mean

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    We aren't space marines, we don't have special armor or are on any drugs. We are supposed to feel pain just like humans today. The problem with scalpball is that it is LRP, marines would never throw a machete around in a form of a basketball game and beat each other for it. I remember the CL died during last scalpball, was epic but you get what I mean
    You do know what Tramadol is tho right? And nah no one died in it iirc, but their was a few surgeries for sure aha. I get why it was declared lrp not fit for the setting or whatever, I just dont like how it was used to then come down on all sports based on presumptions made by staff
    Last edited by Dreven; 06-15-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So staff promotes meta, unfun rounds without any spice in it.

Player does something epic(new minigame, trades etc) and new, but can go slightly wrong? Nah, no buenos

Staff does something epic and new, but goes significantly wrong? Event, fuck it

I know staff is privileged with admin/mod powers, but seriously, epic RP made by players that add something to the round and is not "go rush aliens while I browse my phone and give announcements every 10 minutes" should be promoted. I am getting bored of meta captains and XOs who think it is fun. I want new things to the round, pre or after drop and I'm sure most of us want.