User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I mean, ahelps exist for a reason.

People could always ahelp if you have a chance to increase RP, to be fair, i would love to see that as long as it dosen't turn into a "Cargonia" "Atmosia" SS13 meme, if players had like legit plans have something written, and understand the IC consequences of their actions, i would have no problem in allowing a player ran event.

But again, i don't want to see something created on the last second so people can have fun thru memes. I want to see LEGIT roleplay.

I'll open my DMs if you have something written and you wanna do it. If i am online in game, ahelp with a document planned of what you plan to do and i MAY allow you to do so.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m all for galactic traders/stores/etc... and contrary to popular belief I’m all for gimmicks as long as it doesn’t go over the top and/or disrupt rounds or turn it into a giant meme.

For everyone here who says Windhealer is fine and brings fun, there’s someone else who will DM me they got banned for LRP and they always bring up “Why doesn’t winderhealer get banned for his dumb LRP gimmick”

I don’t mind the tribal stuff, I really don’t. What pushed the issue was the whole let’s create a sovereign nation as a meme. I’m sure grimcad will resolve this soon.

I’m just gonna say I don’t want to be the gimmick police, but it’s up to the community and players to make sure gimmicks do not get out of hand
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I’m all for galactic traders/stores/etc... and contrary to popular belief I’m all for gimmicks as long as it doesn’t go over the top and/or disrupt rounds or turn it into a giant meme.

For everyone here who says Windhealer is fine and brings fun, there’s someone else who will DM me they got banned for LRP and they always bring up “Why doesn’t winderhealer get banned for his dumb LRP gimmick”

I don’t mind the tribal stuff, I really don’t. What pushed the issue was the whole let’s create a sovereign nation as a meme. I’m sure grimcad will resolve this soon.

I’m just gonna say I don’t want to be the gimmick police, but it’s up to the community and players to make sure gimmicks do not get out of hand
    I don't really see how this one got out of hand. It didn't interrupt the standard flow of the round (marines fighting xenos), it wasn't OOC in IC, it was just weird but also fun.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To counter some of staff arguments:

You shouldn't need admin permission to roleplay.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    To counter some of staff arguments:

You shouldn't need admin permission to roleplay.
    I believe the argument is that it was low roleplay.

Buying a piece of a UA navy vessel and claiming that a few rooms on the ship is a micronation isn't something that should occur on a medium roleplay server.

Cargo has tried to become independent with the same kinda roleplay and its always been disallowed.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    I believe the argument is that it was low roleplay.

Buying a piece of a UA navy vessel and claiming that a few rooms on the ship is a micronation isn't something that should occur on a medium roleplay server.

Cargo has tried to become independent with the same kinda roleplay and its always been disallowed.

do you believe that it brings more fun to the table?
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post

I really don't understand the argument that when someone DM to get unban for their LRP, they use Windhealer as an example so we have to consider his gimmick is LRP and stamp down on it. Maybe I read that wrong but that's the impression I got being implied here. His RP has been everything but LRP so the argument is moot before it even started. People can't compare their LRP of stealing, killing to Windhealer RP because it's nothing alike. He stays in-character, interacts with the playerbase more than most people in-game right now and his RP is actually fun though sometimes chaos; a thing I'll talk later.

The whole "meme-nation" that everyone kept bringing up is also being put on the wrong light here. Was it really a nation if the CO approved it with signature; MP had the right to come in at all time if they spot illegal activities, the marines participated still follow CIC orders, this being more of a part-time job. Maybe I'm old-school but Cargonia forbids anyone to enter, declares independent from the "station" and turns mostly hostile. Everyone is conveniently forgetting the basics of that and keep on bashing Windhealer as trying to be a munity nation, something both the CIC and CL office made clear from the start, with pen and paper, that it wasn't.

All in all, I don't see any legs of this ban to stand on beside being disruptive to the normally dull rounds of CM. You said it's up to us to police our RP. Then help us. Give us a proper guideline on "how to RP that doesn't give everyone more headache". Windhealer actions are purely good intentionally but the fallouts tend to be much worse. And this is not just one specific person. Whenever someone try to take the reign and organize an IC RP event, something or someone will go wrong that cause explosive results and that's when the mods step in because they have the authority to tell people that one person just doesn't have.

I suggest to resolve it ICly, like spawning SEA, admirals if the admins do want to keep the MRP/HRP. Or PM them directly and talk things out; point out the red lines you see they crossed so they have a chance to IC resolve it. After all fail, ban them for a reasonable time, give them a chance to learn what they did wrong. The way I see it, this "wronged RP" is stamped out right away without much room to explain nor fix the issue. I can't say for other RP that players initiate, because honestly they don't exist anymore, but I feel Windhealer would be the most cooperative person given the proper chances.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I forgot to mention but the direct inspiration from the liason, burke, was even more of a slimy, detestable dirtbag, and tried to smuggle infected marines though security, to sell for a profit, so opening a store to sell the marines stuff from the colony that the dead colonists no longer need is definitely role compliant IMO. I think for admins to stand on any kind of pedestal of roleplay, they should probably define it, and maybe also stop the LRP events like spawning in wacky tacky shit. I actually do enjoy those small minivents when they pop up but if the players can't do wacky tacky roleplay admins shouldn't be able to either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dreven is a political prisoner
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome