User Tag List

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I’m all for galactic traders/stores/etc... and contrary to popular belief I’m all for gimmicks as long as it doesn’t go over the top and/or disrupt rounds or turn it into a giant meme.

For everyone here who says Windhealer is fine and brings fun, there’s someone else who will DM me they got banned for LRP and they always bring up “Why doesn’t winderhealer get banned for his dumb LRP gimmick”

I don’t mind the tribal stuff, I really don’t. What pushed the issue was the whole let’s create a sovereign nation as a meme. I’m sure grimcad will resolve this soon.

I’m just gonna say I don’t want to be the gimmick police, but it’s up to the community and players to make sure gimmicks do not get out of hand
    Then make transhumanist marines legit and not LRP. There is no cyborg meme and my cybernetic limbs never disrupted the round.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    I mean, ahelps exist for a reason.

People could always ahelp if you have a chance to increase RP, to be fair, i would love to see that as long as it dosen't turn into a "Cargonia" "Atmosia" SS13 meme, if players had like legit plans have something written, and understand the IC consequences of their actions, i would have no problem in allowing a player ran event.

But again, i don't want to see something created on the last second so people can have fun thru memes. I want to see LEGIT roleplay.

I'll open my DMs if you have something written and you wanna do it. If i am online in game, ahelp with a document planned of what you plan to do and i MAY allow you to do so.
    100% of ahelps for this kind of things get ignored or "no, you can't do that", yeah no, ahelps don't resolve that

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladwhy View Post
    100% of ahelps for this kind of things get ignored or "no, you can't do that", yeah no, ahelps don't resolve that
    Ahelps are to ASK if you could do that.

100% of the time, ahelping will preventing you from getting banned. after as staff member says no and you push, you're susceptible to punishment.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    do you believe that it brings more fun to the table?
    I think that it's a very tricky area to navigate. I certainly enjoyed the old "everything is allowed" days, however over time, due to the behaviour of a vocal and active minority, it was overdone and abused.

Not to mentioned that you also get copycats who generally try to emulate the rare player who can nail that players behaviour which makes sense ICly but it's a bit of silly fun behaviour.... And then totally fucks up. They can then say "well, he's allowed so why am I?"

So, ultimately I think it improves the overall standard of roleplay on the server, however no doubt it can limit creativity and interesting scenarios which could otherwise occur.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yall keep talking about lrp and stuff but im just sitting here wondering when we are gonna start rioting and looting?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    yall keep talking about lrp and stuff but im just sitting here wondering when we are gonna start rioting and looting?
    We have to be the first to start the riot by looting brig armory and burning down CIC. Me, a stereotypical marine main from the past and You, a stereotypical xeno main from the past.

Player character live matters. No robust marine will tell us to not be afraid to die, no robust benomain will tell us to git good, not admeme will tell us to cease LRP!

I really want that CO command tablet to watch my favourite anime, items can be respawned, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone was trying to make a point earlier about admin decisions earlier.

That's just it - admin decisions.

The best part of the example was all of it was from Events.

What windhealer did, not saying it wrong or right, was do things that led to his own mini-event. I believe they also admitted to self-antagging at a time or two. Just that is a rulebreak that can be Rule 0'd or taken up seriously. You take the risk, you accept it.

A bunch of children showing up demanding reversals and shit changes nothing. Just sounds entitled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the "no LRP" rule is practically a way for admins to shut down anything fun at any time. Hell, the he went out of his way to RP it with the captain, signing papers and everything, but still got banned for it because someone, somewhere, said it was LRP.

Fuck bro, it was more RP then what else goes on in this server. They didn't ban him because it was LRP, but because it was Extreme Role Play (staff don't like it when we Extreme Role Play either)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    Someone was trying to make a point earlier about admin decisions earlier.

That's just it - admin decisions.

The best part of the example was all of it was from Events.

What windhealer did, not saying it wrong or right, was do things that led to his own mini-event. I believe they also admitted to self-antagging at a time or two. Just that is a rulebreak that can be Rule 0'd or taken up seriously. You take the risk, you accept it.

A bunch of children showing up demanding reversals and shit changes nothing. Just sounds entitled.
    hmm ah yes today I'll provide my opinion on dreven's ban on the dedicated post talking about drevens ban, hmm ah yes this is clearly entitled whining

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1591197253991.jpg

Every
    fucking
    month
    we have this kind of threads, yet apparently, nothing changes. When will we learn?
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart