User Tag List

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take note the circumstances why it was CL ban, it was three times he was warned about it. The third time he was banned. Threats have to mean something or the mods warnings are meaningless.

Now was what he done LRP? It SS13 and the point is to RP but it has to be RP which has some logic and sense. What that means varies. On CM no one knows what it means, there is no concrete lore on anything... Expect basically it all based on Aliens so we can get the lore from there. Now from Aliens lore it pretty fast and lose with reality with evil megacorp trying to do evil science with evil aliens and poor marines are nothing but corporate pawns blah blah. It whatever evil story you want with WY. Now comes is Windhealers attempts to make a WY company store RPish? It not out of bounds tbh. It not insane a CL trying to run an racket on a ship knowing he has near immunity maybe a little tension with the CO and CL about the blatant disregread for authority blah blah.

What Windhealer did making a company store, underground or legal or whatever, should be proper RP. Delimea, he didnt make a company store always. He was making a cliche were he would have some faithful ugnas be his own guards and such. Now that shouldve been just a MP IC issue and have them bust them up for trying to go AWOL not admin internvention straight up.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Take note the circumstances why it was CL ban, it was three times he was warned about it. The third time he was banned. Threats have to mean something or the mods warnings are meaningless.

Now was what he done LRP? It SS13 and the point is to RP but it has to be RP which has some logic and sense. What that means varies. On CM no one knows what it means, there is no concrete lore on anything... Expect basically it all based on Aliens so we can get the lore from there. Now from Aliens lore it pretty fast and lose with reality with evil megacorp trying to do evil science with evil aliens and poor marines are nothing but corporate pawns blah blah. It whatever evil story you want with WY. Now comes is Windhealers attempts to make a WY company store RPish? It not out of bounds tbh. It not insane a CL trying to run an racket on a ship knowing he has near immunity maybe a little tension with the CO and CL about the blatant disregread for authority blah blah.

What Windhealer did making a company store, underground or legal or whatever, should be proper RP. Delimea, he didnt make a company store always. He was making a cliche were he would have some faithful ugnas be his own guards and such. Now that shouldve been just a MP IC issue and have them bust them up for trying to go AWOL not admin internvention straight up.
    I see your "proper RP" argument, and raise you the following.

This is the point we are making. Ridiculous shit? Okay for some, not for all.

And to be clear. I am FINE with this just as I am FINE with Waka doing what he did.

Fun rounds should trump rigid rules.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 06-07-2020 at 03:58 AM.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I see your "proper RP" argument, and raise you the following.

This is the point we are making. Ridiculous shit? Okay for some, not for all.

And to be clear. I am FINE with this just as I am FINE with Waka doing what he did.

Fun rounds should trump rigid rules.
    Point I made was even within rigid rules Windhealer did nutin wrong

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Point I made was even within rigid rules Windhealer did nutin wrong
    Misunderstood your argument.

Enjoy the silly picture anyways.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    It's too bad your seal is worthless, nerd.

As far as the whole thing, I can find his antics grating at time but I'll definitely admit he puts a lot of effort into the tribal warrior shtick. Do I think he should have been CL banned for this? Eh. I didn't witness the full thing so I'm loathe to give an opinion on that.
    It's a good thing you say that. Because based on the report, the mod who banned Windhealer wasn't in the round from the start; had little interaction with the CL and still full on jobbanned him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recall the banning admin was so confident in his judgment he said he'd retire if found to be over-reaching, very odd claim
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antrixx View Post
    Dreven being targeted is just a sympton of a larger problem. It isnt with him.

SS13 is a blank drawing pad. CMSS13 is a drawing pad that has 157,000 pages of the exact same picture. Have fun creating whatever you want just stay inside the lines and use the correct party sanctioned color pattern. Also you better fucking like it or you can fucking leave. You dont pay to be here.

Ive seen that statement here before a bunch of times. They are right, we dont pay to be here (not that it matters being a customer doesnt put you on the R and D team). I think thats a very sad statement to make though. This is a community that a lot of people care about, and want to try to make better for the player base at large. Trying to shoe horn Cmss13 into an ultra realistic milsim is border line retarded. Its fucking space station 13 not arma. People come here because its funny.

The problem is magnified greatly by what was pointed out earlier in this post. The admins running events have free will naturally to do wildly inconsistent and incredibly low rp stuff, and then turn on a player struggling to find ways to make things enjoyable and bury him for stepping out of line. If you want to call drevens attempts at making new and exciting RP low RP then man you need to take a hard fucking look at the events youve run and just make sure you arent being a hypocritical child.(gonna put a little note here that if your knee jerk reaction to this is fine, fuck them I wont do events anymore, then your maturity level is the problem)

You guys need a dedicated staff role so that players can spitball ideas and talk with somebody who can greenlight their ideas. The amount of divide between the upper staff and player base is at an all time high. Trying new things at this point is just basically courting a ban in an effort to save part of the server from being a tdm game with 0 rp.
    Well said and accurate. I may not personally find Dreven's RP to be very entertaining, but the principle of letting people get that creative is something I am ALL for. Back in the hayday of when I was a mod, many of the events that were included in rounds, Drone spawns, SCP extraction, Infiltration teams from the UPP or CLF, those were events that were not necessarily doing their best to sustain the suspension of belief.

But they were fun. Players trying to create the same experience with less admin-powered tools shouldn't be something we should be squashing, it should be embraced, encouraged, supported. There's always been a fine line between silly and low RP, and many times my definition has collided with others. But I'd rather have it and hate it, then not have it at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HEFA knights, SCP, CLF suicide lung miners, merc shuttle merchants, intelligent yiren / monkey squads, yet the administration draws the line when a CL doesn't write a fax like the good little CL he is and does something a bit off the board

then the administration wonders why no ones gives a shit about RP anymore

the real problem tho is windhealer just doesn't have enough admin friends

next time he pulls a stunt like this he needs to ensure he is properly insulated by having an admin he's friends with on at the time
    Last edited by Swagile; 06-08-2020 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is like, every round of extended on a HRP server i've ever played. People creating minor conflicts to play out engaging RP. I've done way lower RP as an IAA (the role that CL basically steals on CM) on Aurora and Baystation12 like organizing mandatory "Company approved Morale enhancing Parties" where we enforce smiles and i've been banned exactly 0 times for it. That's why most HRP servers will allow characters that are wacky or have a criminal record. I remember at some point I had group sessions as psychologist because half the station roleplayed having PTSD.

"Why would this guy be hired" is a really reductive and silly way to think of characters and will inevitably lead to everyone playing the most generic shit imaginable for each role, which is in turn boring as fuck for everyone involved.

I mean I play a paranoid marine who is basically alex jones in space and is convinced xenos are colluding with the communist aligned government to shoot mind control rays to turn him impotent, and I plan to play a CL who sweats to xenomorphs and tries to convince IO's to deliver big xeno corpses to his office and get the engineers to cut his cameras. This is not that far away from what I did on HRP servers for 3 years back when I was a regular on those. HRP admins are usually shit but they always understood that the game shouldn't turn into paperwork simulator, so I don't understand why someone who is well liked for his RP, on a MEDIUM roleplaying server was banned because he didn't """roleplay""" pewpew simulator.

I mean how often do you see someone do freakin' paperwork and be banned for LRP?
    Last edited by HoseaPalindrome; 06-08-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's quite simple when you get warned 2 times for something and continue that behavior, you'll get banned.

Now should he have been warned in the first place? Well self-antagging is no-go no matter, but as long as the RP could fit in the Aliens setting it would at least not be LRP.

Making your own store and trying to run Almayer like you own it, sure, go ahead. Make your own nation on Almayer called "Windgonia" and starting to recruit citizens? No, that's not fitting.

Having a CL be nuts and believe in voodoo is stretching it, but it could work depending on how far someone takes it.

About the events. Events are here to break up the normal gameplay and do something special for the round, now I personally only do "realistic" events that could fit in the theme of Aliens, but a funny event from time to time really isnt the end of the world. Why shouldn't players be allowed to wacky fun stuff from time to time then? well they do actually get to, but only when they ask for permission first. There are times where the LRP events take overhand, but with 40 people in staff, you'll be hard pressed to come to an agreement on grey areas, which is why they're grey areas. One person might be okay with what you're doing, the other might not, but that only matters if you didn't get permission first.

Making a thread like this is pointless, if you want to backseat moderate, become a moderator instead. If you want to try something new in a round, ask first and you'll never be punished.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem