User Tag List

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    I mean all i've asked for is for a single person to tell me how Windgonia was self antag, and no one has explained that to me yet.
    Go onto a united states air craft carrier and declare yourself an independent nation and start stealing their stuff and selling it back to them and getting their soldiers to go awol see if they consider you an antagonist.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its funny that people think this is high roleplay. Its low roleplay because it doesnt fit the setting. If we are playing cops and robbers and I roleplay an astronaut its gonna be stupid.

This community really has no idea what roleplay is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Go onto a united states air craft carrier and declare yourself an independent nation and start stealing their stuff and selling it back to them and getting their soldiers to go awol see if they consider you an antagonist.
    you clearly have no idea what was happening that round, because I stole nothing, no one went "AWOL" as they were all still fighting planetside, and windgonia was really just a funny name we were giving to our scheme to sell booze and colonist guns out the office. Making comparisons to this game and a real life marine ship is cringe, CM isn't some arma RP server. Self antagging is doing things that hinder the marines as a side, and I did none of that during the windgonia rounds. The worst "antagging" I did as CL was stealing some items for my store, which were mostly cigars, tables, wooden tiles and booze, nothing that effected the marines at all and really just gave the MP's something to do.

I think its funny that people think this is high roleplay. Its low roleplay because it doesnt fit the setting. If we are playing cops and robbers and I roleplay an astronaut its gonna be stupid.

This community really has no idea what roleplay is.

Okay so my character doesent fit in the setting but hefa knights do? I expect you think everyone should be some hardcore milsim larper, in a wacky retrofuture 80s action movie setting where drug addicted space marines charge down xenos armed with 2 shotguns and no fear of death. I was roleplaying a sneaky CL with his own schemes, and made a fun story by interacting with other players. Thats what roleplay is and has always been about on SS13, emergent storytelling.
    Last edited by Dreven; 06-08-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you clearly have no idea what was happening that round, because I stole nothing, no one went "AWOL" as they were all still fighting planetside, and windgonia was really just a funny name we were giving to our scheme to sell booze and colonist guns out the office. Making comparisons to this game and a real life marine ship is cringe, CM isn't some arma RP server. Self antagging is doing things that hinder the marines as a side, and I did none of that during the windgonia rounds. The worst "antagging" I did as CL was stealing some items for my store, which were mostly cigars, tables, wooden tiles and booze, nothing that effected the marines at all and really just gave the MP's something to do.

epic.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so my character doesent fit in the setting but hefa knights do? I expect you think everyone should be some hardcore milsim larper, in a wacky retrofuture 80s action movie setting where drug addicted space marines charge down xenos armed with 2 shotguns and no fear of death. I was roleplaying a sneaky CL with his own schemes, and made a fun story by interacting with other players. Thats what roleplay is and has always been about on SS13, emergent storytelling.
    Thats where you got me all wrong fam. I never once said that I think the server should be MRP or milsim or anything. Im jsut saying your RP is LRP.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    epic.
    they were 2 separate rounds, I worded that somewhat poorly. I was in my office for most of the windgonia round. And CL's do way worse shit all the time, like bribing marines to assassinate others, having survivors beat up to keep quiet, deploying as a PFC- etc

Thats where you got me all wrong fam. I never once said that I think the server should be MRP or milsim or anything. Im jsut saying your RP is LRP.
    So playing a consistent character, staying in that character and interacting with other players in character to achieve goals is LRP? You haven't really made any points so I had to make some assumptions about what you meant, and your kinda just being reductive about it with clearly no real investigation into what happened.
    Last edited by Dreven; 06-09-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they were 2 separate rounds, I worded that somewhat poorly. I was in my office for most of the windgonia round

So playing a consistent character, staying in that character and interacting with other players in character to achieve goals is LRP?
    If it doesnt fit the setting then it will always be low roleplay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that the US Air Craft carrier isn't in space, is not interacting with a megacorp sanctioned colony, nor does it have a in-built Embassy.
    That comparison makes no sense, might as well say go into the white house and take a shit and see if your being antagonistic.

Dreven never went against with the primary objectives of the company, investigation of the Colony, but infact went above and beyond their expectations. He started a profitable business on a military vessel. As a Representative of Weston-Yamada he had full rights to do whatever he wanted with the corporate assets, and the USCM does not own the CL-Office , Which has been described as an Embassy - Aka a Independent piece of land for the ambassador to manage relationships with the host country, in this case the USCM Vessel. None of what he did went against the USCM, and even a fleet admiral came on to check out on the situations and stated everything was ok IC.

I fully understand why Dreven was banned considering Overlords situation. He saw that he had already been warned multiple times the day before and his initial impressions was that Dreven was minging around, but had he actually been there during the round and not coming on the last 10 minutes, he would've seen that Dreven was creating an immersive HRP for the people around. Im 100% sure no one actually filed a player report on him and it was just staff having problems with this small player event.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I get where you are coming from and I appreciate you not locking the thread. But the genesis of the thread was me trying to have a discussion and getting shut down. Staff didnt come to us asking our opinion, (honestly from the way y'all are moderating the report you dont seem to want it). So please do not act like this is a round table where we just typed "fuck staff" over and over.

So far the players have been banned (waka), infractioned (me), threatened (everyone on this thread).

So far the staff have been... accused of having a double standard sometime? And.... questioned? I dont think anyone has even insulted anyone yet.

I mean shit, waka didnt even ask for a punishment in his staff report. And by all accounts the mod is still threatening to quit if it gets overturned?

I DO hope this DOES lead to a discussion. I look forward to it.
    Not a mod, actually. Overlord said he'd quit over it, you can check discord for it.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody in staffcord could get a reason as to how Dreven was self-antagging in the round he was banned from, it seems to just be "because of previous rounds", but those rounds are in the past/were already handled ICly through events or OOCly with warnings, and should not be used as a bias to determine what he was doing in the round he was actually banned in.

Overlord himself admitted he never even looked, or at least wasn't present for most of the round, he just got on late into the round and decided to ban Dreven based on hearsay from a couple staff members complaining and messaging him.