User Tag List

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamakahana Windhealer Should not have been CL banned - Killing Server Fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. Imma clear some things. Staff (Moderators +) are responsible for roleplay. Devs themselves prioritise Gameplay over Roleplay I believe but don't quote me on that since I may not be correct. However the arguement for Hefa knights is nothing to do with us staff as we never designed them nor asked for them, at least to my knowledge.

Regarding to events, vampmare mainly summed it up as why some of them are LRP however we are trying to crack down on LRP Events BUT yet again do not quote me on that because well... My information might not be 100% accurate.

Also.. Not all events are ran by the Staff Moderation Team. Devs can run events and they have different rules I believe on what they can do. (YET again do not quote me on that)

- Have a nice day
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Nobody in staffcord could get a reason as to how Dreven was self-antagging in the round he was banned from, it seems to just be "because of previous rounds", but those rounds are in the past/were already handled ICly through events or OOCly with warnings, and should not be used as a bias to determine what he was doing in the round he was actually banned in.

Overlord himself admitted he never even looked, or at least wasn't present for most of the round, he just got on late into the round and decided to ban Dreven based on hearsay from a couple staff members complaining and messaging him.
    Looks like you got removed from staff for what appears to be an attempt at staff transparency, epic.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    Looks like you got removed from staff for what appears to be an attempt at staff transparency, epic.
    No he wasn’t, but he can tell you the reason why he was removed if he wants his Business out there. But it wasn’t for this
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic...

Another day in CM... where staff and playerbase can't get into a neutral agreement, and the staff (in prior history), had a history of other previous staff members calling out other staff members from different positions...

The cycle continues...

Staff be flossing~
    Last edited by Lauren Von Fusegana; 06-09-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    I was removed prior to my reply, my forum perms just hadn't caught up with it, but this isn't the place for me to say why I was removed.

------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really see the relevancy of events to the situation, but my main issue with the ban comes from "you should've faxed/ahelped for staff permission to do your RP" and that if he hadn't made people associate it with 'cargonia' by calling it "Windgonia" he probably wouldn't be banned.

Jobbanned over what he called it, instead of what it was. Rubs me the wrong way idk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Its low roleplay because it doesnt fit the setting.

This community really has no idea what roleplay is.
    Dude if "Guy that talks, acts and is named like a tribal warrior" is unfit for the setting we really need to take a look at most popular Captains and decide if they "fit the setting". Famous Captains like Greg Laffuer (Consistently posts paragraphs about himself at roundstart), Katashi Juro(regularly orders Bonzai charges along with the accent), Tom Dinkle (Did silly stuff often), Bill Carson (Insert all the memey things he did), and even me and all the other captains that do silly things could all be considered "unfit" for the setting.

Yet nobody complains because they are all (For the mostpart) fun and unique to play with and make their respective rounds more interesting (Which is arguably the OOC job of captain) if we wanna consider exaggerated characters unfit for the setting than you might aswell ban everyone who's ever stood out as a captain.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The absolute state of Colonial Marines when funny tribal man who makes a shop out of his office is banned for low RP when he gives a name to his 'nation', but then staff turn the tank into a clown car driven by clowns in a military op.

//showthrea...aff-Report-N-A

This is what's caused all this tension. The sheer amount of double standards in play. If you want the server to be Medium RP, make it medium RP, don't let these kinds of events fly. If you want these events to happen, just get rid of the RP standard. It's dated, and it doesn't work in a TDM, let people have their own fun and RP standards for a few weeks, see how much better the server feels to both players and staff.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoliathTheDespoiler View Post
    The absolute state of Colonial Marines when funny tribal man who makes a shop out of his office is banned for low RP when he gives a name to his 'nation', but then staff turn the tank into a clown car driven by clowns in a military op.

//showthrea...aff-Report-N-A

This is what's caused all this tension. The sheer amount of double standards in play. If you want the server to be Medium RP, make it medium RP, don't let these kinds of events fly. If you want these events to happen, just get rid of the RP standard. It's dated, and it doesn't work in a TDM, let people have their own fun and RP standards for a few weeks, see how much better the server feels to both players and staff.
    Staff have a history of tone deafness and that report is definitely a good illustration of that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting to note that staff hold this view of "LRP is okay for events because their an occasional thing to mix up the gameplay", but when a moderator rule zeroed me to play a game of scalpball as a mini event (and during the april fools no less, when WAY MORE LRP shit was going on and no one cared) that moderator got yelled at for it. And dont even get me started on how lack of consequences brought about by supremely advanced medical tech would effect society and the dangerous sports they play, especially drugged up gung ho space marines.