Their BYOND Key
    Superjo98
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12:00 AM (EST)
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation
    5. Determine the punishment.
    Description of the incident
    I was playing as a CL on LV. Early into the round, I attempted to make CO sign papers like Intent to Preserve, aka basic CL documents.

However, CO refused to sign them for a weird reason for "documents are not fun enough". I was of course very annoyed at this LRP reason, and faxed the HQ, explaining the situation and proposing to somehow force CO to sign the document to prevent information about Xenos leak into the public (good IC reason in my opinion).

During the round, I have befriended CE and other survivors, who also disliked the CO/XO and wanted to preserve the colony, however, CO died during the OP, and XO took over, so I made him sign same documents.

Meanwhile, DEFCON was dropping rapidly, and marines were close to getting a nuke, which would be a direct breach of contract XO has signed (preservation of colony). I sent another fax to W-Y asking for PMCs, since XO showed total disregard towards the company, and had to be put into place. All my faxes were unanswered, so I felt like acting on my initiative.

Before DEFCON 1 was reached, we had code red, so I and CE were armed up with tac shotties, which we placed into my office afterward. I also asked CE to make stunprods in case MPs will try to subdue us, however, I used them in the future confrontation with XO.

Once we were close to DEFCON 1, I, CE, and other 2 survivors came to CiC and began asking XO to not activate the nuke, pointing out that we signed the contract and there will be consequences to not following it. XO agreed to follow it, but we stayed in CiC just in case.

Once DEFCON 1 was hit, I ahelped Superjo to replace XO from command with CE, who was much more loyal to the company and intended to preserve the colony (good IC reason in my opinion).

However, after asking this ahelp, my game crashed and I reconnected the moment XO decided to call the nuke, breaking the contract and despite promising us to not call it. I decided to subdue him via stunprod so that he would not be able to activate it, however, once he was tazed, SOs began blasting onto survivors that were standing nearby, and survivors began shooting back. I walked off the XO tazed body, but was shot by SOs and decided to fire back to defend myself. In the end, XO and other SOs were dealt with (not in a way I or CE were planning to). I was arrested by MPs and then Superjo banned me for 1 day (not going to appeal that) and perma job-banned me as CL (what I want to appeal).

In our chat with him after the mutiny, he agreed that I was not the one who shot XO or started the shootout, but I provoked it (I guess I did to some extent, however, I was never planning to shoot people in CiC). After explaining to him that I had a good IC reason for trying to taze XO and prevent him from nuking the colony, he ignored my argument and proceeded to ban me for 1 day and perma-banning as CL for these reasons:

1. Tazing XO.
    2. Initiating a shootout.

For the 1st reason, I did taze XO, but I have already explained the reason for that. I admit that I did not get permission to taze him, however, I received no fax replies, and I did disconnect after sending ahelp to taze him. I could not water for a reply or send another ahelp, since XO called for nuke as soon as I reconnected and if I waited for another few mins, marines would deploy nuke and everything I was trying to do up until this point would be meaningless, so I tazed him due to some good IC development beforehand.

For the 2nd reason, I was there during a shootout and did shoot at SOs after I was directly shot at. I was not the one who fired first (it was one of SOs), nor I was the one who fired back (was one of the survivors). I felt that I had to protect my character and could not just let myself get killed, however, I did not intend to kill or shoot at anyone (hence I tazed XO and not PB'ed him). It was escalated into a shootout not by me, and I did not start it, so saying that I caused it is a bit of an overstatement.

Therefore, while I understand that I overstepped my boundary by not waiting for an explicit admin permission to taze XO, I felt like an hour+ of gameplay was leading up to that, and I had good enough IC reason to do such a simple, not life-threatening action. What has followed after was a complete disaster and I am in no way condoning or was trying to achieve it.

While I agree on one day ban due to not getting explicit admin permission to taze XO, which might have disrupted operation to some extent, I do not agree with perma-ban as CL, since I was acting out of IC and not trying to grief. So perhaps one week ban for CL job would be more fair, again, taking into account that I was not intending to sabotage the whole OP, and was not trying to kill anyone, and approached everything from a strong IC side.
    Evidence
    Please check game logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    Superjo did well, other than not digging into the issue enough and disregarding my RP efforts and no intention to provoke a shootout so no direct punishment for him, only asking to reduce my punishment term.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs for this.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just a FYI, this seems a self-confession of Self-antagging and you should not be doing that unless a staff member authorizes you to do it.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You admit self-antagging, and you are only allowed to self antag if you are given direction by a staff member via Fax or a admin event.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again unless a staff member authorized it, messing with the nuclear device on the marine side is griefing.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids