Date of Incident
    June 6, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Eric "meat missile" Castle

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    not known

Accused Character Name
    Amelia Locke, others, CMP

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    aprox 1:30pm

What rule(s) were broken:
    multiple

Description of the incident:
    Playing Staff officer hop in late. Someone had booze in CiC and it was requested to be removed. Somehow that required the entire goonsquad of 7 mps to invade CIC. I dont have access to mp channel as SO, so unaware of what that was. Saw them group of tasers out and attempt to arrest another SO. Told them this could cause operational damage and told them they needed to talk to the captain before letting all hell break loose in CiC. I moved in the way and repeated the request and asked what he was charged with. Got tasered and arrested. Now at this point half of the Staff officers are under arrest, another Staff officer follows down into brig and attempts to talk to the mps, locke in particular. Is promptly ignored. The sea comes in and tries to make sense of it and is promptly ignored. I ahelp the situation since its grown out of control, half the staff are arrested and the mp arresting is refusing to speak at this point. Eventually the CMP tells them to drop charges and release us(most likely for the sake of the round and the damage this is causing). Locke proceeds to tell her boss that he doesnt understand marine law and cannot do this over major crimes.

This player single handedly caused a fair amount of round disruption, refused to speak to superior officers. ICly questioned a superiors understanding of marine law, rather then oclly(the cmp)

Im not an expert on marine law but this was disruptive to the command structure over seriously minor stuff. I dont know if the cmp ordered this or what.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Dont have any, keep getting that screen freezing glitch.

How you would punish the accused:
    Warned. Removing half of CIC's staff and tasering them is frankly insane. Ignoring superior officers is out of character and poor rp standard for an mp. Ignoring and challenging their boss is poor rp standards for an mp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update for accused rules broken. RP standards for military police and griefing. A minutia of conversation could have saved a ton of issues here. Instead its all standard mp do what I saw or I tase you, youre all the same trash to me. Ignoring a subordinate marine is one thing. Ignoring multiple superior officers is another.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, you were arrested for intentionally interfering with an arrest which is a major crime. The other LT had major contraband charge for possesion of alcohol without authorization.

MPs are required to prosecute ALL MAJOR CRIMES and do not need Captain's permission to perform the arrest. You also may not order an MP performing his required duty to stop.

I did not speak to you as I was trying to get to the brig ASAP and was not given a chance to do so before CMP illegaly released you (MPs have up to before the brig timer starts to inform you of your crime.).

Kind regards,
    Redcore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once we were in brig you proceeded to ignore another SO. To the point where after In OOC I said I was ahelping this, the other player later said they would too because you were refusing to reply.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antrixx View Post
    Once we were in brig you proceeded to ignore another SO. To the point where after In OOC I said I was ahelping this, the other player later said they would too because you were refusing to reply.
    SOs, XO and SEA are not in Marine Law chain of command unless deputized and have no say in those matters. Only CMP and CO may order MPs when it comes to arrest or performing ML related work, which CMP later did when he gave me an illegal order to release you that I REALLY should not have followed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not an expert on marine law here so I will admit if I am wrong or dont correctly understand these laws. So I need a couple things to be cleared up for me, I thought there was a difference between the grouping of minor crimes, and major crimes. Then further the less crimes where dividided into major and minor crimes. Which appear to be different from the listed major crimes. IE, the major crimes in the lesser list have less punishments then those grouped into major crimes.

I as SO, have the ability to order arrests, so I would imagine that its not totally true that staff officers and XO are not part of that chain.

The officers mess hall has alcohol in it, and is accessible at all times to staff officers. Im trying to look for it but I actually dont know what the standards are for staff officers being in possion of things theyre allowed access to all the time their mess hall. IE the CL, captain, XO, and staff all constantly have access to alcohol. Im looking for it but is there a rule that says staff are forbidden from having alcohol in their possession?

This is too potentially damaging to rounds. MPS and CMP are a non white listed position. We cant have a goon squad of 7 mps running around tasering people on a whim in CiC. For the sake of operations this is insane unless a real major crime has been committed,(those explicitly listed in the major crimes list). For the sake of just being a human being 10 seconds of talking and explaing to the captain why several mps had somehow managed to arrest half the CIC's staff over a possession of alcohol case(which is dubious if you ask me) is rediculous.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accused ckeys are Redcore and Oreven.

Logs:

Crime report and related discussion and arrest:

Spoiler Spoiler:

SO pulling rank to attempt to stop the arrest:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Post arrest(s) reports, discussions, arguments, salting etc.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Redcore ahelp about CMP releasing the SOs:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Antrixx,

Interfering in an arrest is a crime, even if the arrest isn't legitimate. You interefered with an arrest, so you were arrested for this crime. There is no rulebreak here.
    Should you have followed marine law, only one officer would have been arrested. Should it be unlawful, a simple ahelp would have resolved the issue.
    This covers the part of the report related to you.

Releasing prisoners guilty of a major crime cannot be done without a pardon - Any issue related to this was dealt with in game by staff.

Grabbing alcohol from the officer's mess as an officer with access to that room is not contraband.
    Having a drink is not intoxication. Having enough drinks to be drunk is. Intoxication : "[...] resulting in impaired job performance. "
    Logs show the first SO to be arrested was not drunk, or otherwise impaired in his job performance, and had access to the alcohol, so the arrest was unlawful.
    While this is technically a rulebreak, after checking the logs and player history, I see no need to take administrative action over that ML interpretation mistake such a long time after the events.

Resolved - no action taken.