Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good boy +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea sure +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Commanding Officer Council Member Pahndoomack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to Sammy,

This is actually a really good question, and also one that I'm very conveniently ready for. As one of the things I do on a losing round I always like to get every SL, LT, and the CO if available to meet up and discuss the OP right after Evac.

So to pull from one of my rounds not too long ago, I'll outline a lost Big Red round quickly.

The round was going well, Charlie was pushing deep into filt with good success, Delta was making gains into the Lambda caves, and Alpha had set up at the bar. The actual squads themselves were more like actual platoons at this point (30+ per Charlie and Delta) and surprisingly only Alpha had taken heavy casualties. They were getting picked apart so much defending dorms from harassers that the CO at the time deployed to oversee the operation. However it didn't exactly go to plan, as the Xenos realized they had over 30+ kills at the bar while our forces at the frontline barely had >10. The Xenos flooded our backline and hit the outnumbered Alpha, causing a full rout among the other squads, barreling us into a full retreat and evac.

After meeting with everyone left, we came up with these main issues:

-1.) Alpha was disorganized and its leadership was killed early on, meaning the people in charge were inexperienced and unable to get a grasp on the situation.

-2.) We could not pull forces off anywhere else except a small Bravo FT, which also ended up being wiped.

-3.) When the backlines fell, our succeeding frontline immediately collapsed and lost all cohesion, losing our ability to maneuver around the Xeno push.

All in all it wasn't actually the fault of anyone in particular, but Alpha's lack of experienced men caused an unneeded amount of casualties which they could not recover from. The morale of everyone was broken as soon as they learned they were flanked and Delta called for a full retreat, which Charlie had to follow with or risk being completely destroyed.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. I've learned to appreciate people who can see and learn from what's happened in the past, and I hope you can put this to good use in the future.

Just know that, and I know lots have said this before: no matter what actually caused a loss, there will be times marines will blame you for it. Now, if you've already played as aCO when the real CO was dead, missing, or whatever, you probably have already had your share of this. But when you're the one in the chair, at the very top, the responsibility of the operation'll weigh just as much as the golden shoulderboards that you'll soon be wearing. People will pin the blame on you someday and you gotta learn to own up to it.

And, after seeing how your app has done, and how you've performed ingame, I think you're ready to bear that heavy rank.

+1 from me! Hope to see you as Captain soon.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Majority Council support, majority community support. You've answered enough questions and survived walking the minefield that is the comments section on these things. Sometimes.

I think you have what it takes to be a good CO, and it seems the others agree as well. So from here on out, you're Captain Staffer. Your mateba will be given to you at the promotion ceremony. I look forward to seeing you at Chinook Station.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: