>Broken bridge
    >Bush fire on LV
    >More ideas I'm getting as days go by

RP... no... I mean yeah remove MPs idc lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we should just have ss13 rp, it's clear MRP doesnt work nor it will ever work
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing i feel is that all rounds are allmost the same, the only things that really change are maps and circunstances, but round after round is exactly the same premise.
    shipside feels stale because almost all if not all shipside roles involve supporting the ground combat, and groundside feels stale bacause every round is: go down->Figth xenos/gather intel/build/heal->win or evac

I believe the game would benefit A LOT from shipside players with certain objectives (not necessarily antagonistic/griefing-ish objectives), like a LT that wants to blackmail the CO for a medal, a CL and a corrupt IO keeping important intel for themselves, a CO that wants a LT gone, PMCs trying to get certain disks from almayer to themselves (secretly and non violently if possible) and so on.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post

MPs being removed would be fine, just don't have staff get involved unless people are griefing or being exceptionally retarded, like breaking every window in the briefing

Medbay and req being clunky and boring is annoying, yeah. With how guns currently work, you should be going to req to get enhancements for your gun, not get actual essentials for it like a mag harness, a scope, AP rounds, etc
    Ideally, we'd do away with marine law as well. Staff intervention would boil down to "why are you preventing other people from going to frontline and shooting gun".

And yes, having attachments that are the META to have on your gun instead of, you know, being optional is honestly horrible as well.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I typed a bunch of shit but realized what the point was. But in my mind the problem ISNT with marine command... it is with queen command.

The reason no one RPs is that it is the same shit over and over and over. And the biggest issue with the game in my mind is that the hive is always in the same 2 locations. No one needs to scout, lead, command, etc. I dont need my SO to be watching me, the queen is the cave. I dont need my fob to be built differently.. hive is in the cave. We dont need to scout or check engineering or anything. Cave Cave Cave. Everyone who wants to Unga runs to the caves without saying a word. No one cares about briefing because... all the plans in the world, you are going to unga to the cave so who cares. Fuck words, fuck my squad, Im grabbing a shotgun and running to hydro, then the caves.

The map is the same shit over and over because the queen can only move so far to start out... so the hive is basically the same place over and over.

Give the queen a 5minute like... 20x movespeed to allow queens to deploy in more interesting and different positions, and allow drone castes to be unattached to other t2s to allow for actual building of defenses. Allow xenos to use their abilities without plasma for a brief time after the queen evos to lay down traps, defenses etc. (obviously watch for people abusing like walling in entire buildings) Imagine not knowing where the hive is... marines would have to go slower and act like actual marines. Imagine queens being able to setup in the hospital in Trijent.. or North cave in Big Red.. or anything else.

IDK just my thought.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I typed a bunch of shit but realized what the point was. But in my mind the problem ISNT with marine command... it is with queen command.

The reason no one RPs is that it is the same shit over and over and over. And the biggest issue with the game in my mind is that the hive is always in the same 2 locations. No one needs to scout, lead, command, etc. I dont need my SO to be watching me, the queen is the cave. I dont need my fob to be built differently.. hive is in the cave. We dont need to scout or check engineering or anything. Cave Cave Cave. Everyone who wants to Unga runs to the caves without saying a word. No one cares about briefing because... all the plans in the world, you are going to unga to the cave so who cares. Fuck words, fuck my squad, Im grabbing a shotgun and running to hydro, then the caves.

The map is the same shit over and over because the queen can only move so far to start out... so the hive is basically the same place over and over.

Give the queen a 5minute like... 20x movespeed to allow queens to deploy in more interesting and different positions, and allow drone castes to be unattached to other t2s to allow for actual building of defenses. Allow xenos to use their abilities without plasma for a brief time after the queen evos to lay down traps, defenses etc. (obviously watch for people abusing like walling in entire buildings) Imagine not knowing where the hive is... marines would have to go slower and act like actual marines. Imagine queens being able to setup in the hospital in Trijent.. or North cave in Big Red.. or anything else.

IDK just my thought.
    Exactly! Givingthe Queen the ability to make better choices will lead to a better experience for both sides.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post

IDK just my thought.
    I already try those locations as queen actually, the issue is that if you go there you will either encounter survivors or the hive bitches constantly and gives up since it's not in a meta spot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I already try those locations as queen actually, the issue is that if you go there you will either encounter survivors or the hive bitches constantly and gives up since it's not in a meta spot.
    Right, they are probably not "viable" right now because they.

1. dont have enough defenses
    2. didnt have OB protection

Now you can build spires for OB protection, maybe make it so the main hive core is ALSO cas protected.. Then give the buffs to defense building above and I bet you would see alot different hive locations.

And the games I saw the hive go secured.. it was nuts. Marines went ungaing, and everyone died after being cut off from supplies. Because they didnt bother to scout.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we all got our attachments at the start then we're probably going to see a ton of rapid deployments in which case there's not a lot of time to talk to your fellow marines. Or talk at all really, why would you? We'd all be just bodies moving around without any need for communication or talk or personality. I just don't get that, why play a multiplayer game when you dont want to interact with other players? Why have a character creator when it just distracts from the shotgunning of aliens: just have everybody be called marine or medic, no names no anything.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would also be neat for RP stuff if you could unlock certain items based on stats.

Like revive 1000 marines? You get the "elite" medic helmet.

2000 shotgun kills? A kinda unique looking backpack or something.

Differentiate the Vets from the newer guys. The people who RP would work with it.