Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Confirmed Contact roleplay standard

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Right, they are probably not "viable" right now because they.

1. dont have enough defenses
    2. didnt have OB protection

Now you can build spires for OB protection, maybe make it so the main hive core is ALSO cas protected.. Then give the buffs to defense building above and I bet you would see alot different hive locations.

And the games I saw the hive go secured.. it was nuts. Marines went ungaing, and everyone died after being cut off from supplies. Because they didnt bother to scout.
    Nah they're actually very viable, you just have to play aggressively against marines in addition to having the hive in a weird spot. Just watch any time I do EVA Caves hive on big red, or Reception Desk on Ice LZ2.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One: Kill expected and make it confirmed. For christ sake the movie has it they know it is aliens. How would no one say 'bruh aliens eating colonists come save us plz'. It does nothing but stop actual RP interactions of these are bugs and we going to kill them.

Two: Meta issues were hive is always in the same spot or everyone follows meta stuff is sometimes due to the map. On prison moving outside your spawn area is nigh impossible unless you want to face 5 survivors with tacticals. Big red is even a risk, just need someone like pierce with a shottie and muffs and you are dead if you leave the caves. Not it matter on red because if you leave the caves you risk losing all the intel from the labs and feeding them a nuke. On LV... where can you even hive but the caves, all the rest like containers just get you closer to the line of meta; hydro, containers, east caves. Lake sucks because it too open and cant be defended and it just too far anyway, west caves at least spices it up. Soro typically has the best possibilities for possible hive locations tbh. Ice hive location literally does not matter, you only hive close to LZ2 if you want to counter metarush marines and that it. Trijent crossing the river is aids. CORSAT you basically cant leave the domes anyway.

Three: Bruh stop trying to remove MPs, oh yes it sucks you broke the glass and going to jail but you really want mods to have to ban people for being shittlers and breaking all the glass? Maybe we would get rid of the shittlers, maybe it will make the game worse. Maybe the MPs should focus on killing DOR who got on for the billzionth time and needs to die before he kills all the pajamarines.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post

Three: Bruh stop trying to remove MPs, oh yes it sucks you broke the glass and going to jail but you really want mods to have to ban people for being shittlers and breaking all the glass? Maybe we would get rid of the shittlers, maybe it will make the game worse. Maybe the MPs should focus on killing DOR who got on for the billzionth time and needs to die before he kills all the pajamarines.
    Why should we bwoink people for breaking glass? I certainly wouldn't. Better yet, just remove windows and replace them with walls.

And nobody who knows how to move and shoot plays MP. Nobody. So I don't really care. Open up the armories, get guns, and keep on doing your job.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Why should we bwoink people for breaking glass? I certainly wouldn't. Better yet, just remove windows and replace them with walls.

And nobody who knows how to move and shoot plays MP. Nobody. So I don't really care. Open up the armories, get guns, and keep on doing your job.
    Deeper answer they exist to have things dealt with ICly, a good example wouldve been windhealer's independence thing couldve been dealt with just telling the CMP by fax it illegal and to tear it down. And as said they can serve as the most baseline ship defenders so you do not have to call in the regular squads or such to deal with things.

In the end I just do not know how you will rework the niches MPs fill if you remove them and seems like a bigger headache then needed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remove every single window. The whole station in a bulkhead and we deal with murders and grief by banning.

Oh boy, i can't wait till i meet my ban quota.

Jokes apart, i don't see that happening. It would only strenghten the TDM aspect of the game.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could just start every round with all human players as survivors. Don’t arm them, they have to make due with just whatever is in security, maybe enough to arm 1/10th of the survivors. The rest get murdered and captured.

As all the human players get to be murdered off, their marine characters start waking up on the Almayer, getting prepped and ready. If the colonists get a distress transmission off, “holy shit! Xenos!” Then anti-xeno specific stuff weapons is made available. Otherwise... HEFA, no AP, definitely no incendiary rounds. Then give the marines a button they can slap that says “holy shit! Xenos!” after they shoot at or are shot at or attack or are attacked by a xeno. Then unlock all the incendiary hedp, incinerator fun.

Either that, or if everyone wants to say “screw military law, I do what I want,” then let the marines play as CLF for a few rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people unironically wanna finish turning this game into Team Fortress 2 Xeno edition.

But expected to be honest, Devs themselves have never bothered to do anything with the RP aspect of the game, their idea of RP is Admins banning people for spouting memes. RP does not exist in any meaningful sense and has absolutely no impact in the gameplay.

That's what Devs do not seem to understand. Having someting named like something from the Aliens Lore does not RP make. Having a *barely* similar name to the corporation from Aliens does not RP make. Having the possibility of writing faxes that will have absolutely no impact in the game does not RP make. Marines having to pretend they're not gonna play the same exact round for the 698346897522647958719348th time under penalty of bwoinking is not RP.

At least 50RemAndCounting is more honest than the devs lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    organic RP has long since not been a thing because the administration doesn't support organic RP

maybe im painting the administration in broad strokes here but anytime i see anything happen its cause an admin hamfisted it into the round. just today there was a round where the administration boosted the APC's capabilities to 50 marines, renamed it clown car, and made the crew men inside into actual clowns.

while i have no problem with this, on the other hand, players like windhealer that actually try to stay at least a little relevant as a CL and make fun roleplay that is engaging and keeps somewhat to the lore are banned yet retard clown car events are OK because admins do it

just stop with this facade of MRP; admins don't give a shit until they can use it as an excuse to club a player over the head with that they don't like, when in reality admins themselves don't adhere to MRP standards at all

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TGMC just removed MPs and it's made no difference (because no one played them)

But also TGMC has the crazy concept that marines are expected to work towards the goals of their team and not against them, with OOC enforcement. If you start attacking other marines or stealing shit that hurts the team then you get bwoinked.

A lot of the 'need' for MPs in CM is that marines either don't get what they need and have to steal it or they get bored or they retaliate AGAINST PEOPLE WHO AREN'T ACTING IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE MARINES [see: command doing dumb stuff, MPs rules lawyering to soft grief, etc]

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why do devs want MP in the end, what is their purpose in life