Amira Young
    Their BYOND Key
    N/A
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:00 to 11:30ish
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    A mix of Preserve the RP of the Server and Enforcement of the Rules
    Description of the incident
    I am making this report as a record of events. I don't know who did the event, but basically the APC was renamed to the Clown car, recolored, the APC's carrying capacity made into 50 marines instead of 10, and the Crewmen turn into Clowns.

The server is supposed to be MRP yet admins are allowed to flagrantly disregard this and make dumb clown car events while players (like Windhealer) are banned for stepping even a little outside of comfort zone. I don't think this double standard is fair to players, hence this report; either stop double standards like this, or remove the bullshit MRP standards that no one seems to follow so we can stop pretending MRP exists outside of a way to punish players who get out of line.

Note, I DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE TO THE EVENT ITSELF. I thought it was pretty funny as a Marine player that round. What I find offensive is the double standard it presents; administration being allowed to break roleplay standards constantly while players who try to do it even a little bit get the ban hammer.
    Evidence
    Logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    N/A

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10:00 to 11:30 PM

why i can't edit my own post i have no fucking idea

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK the event was run by @Taketheshot56
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I did the event, It was supposed to be fun, the server is indeed MRP for the majority of the time, however when we do events like this they are in fact an event, you can let stuff slip, you guys got to do clown like tactics and no one was bwoinked for going over into a bit of LRP territory. The event was certainly not majorly altering just changing the flavor up a tad to break monotonous ice round. So yea, normally keep MRP, but if the event is on the fun side, feel free to have fun.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Before more posts come, do not post if you aren't involved or do not have relevant information for this staff report.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there folks, guess I should drop my two cents here. I was the Executive Officer this round, and the genius behind operations ClownCrasher and ClownCrasher Two: Electric Boogaloo. I'll be straight then, the event was beyond LRP, bordering on 0RP in my eyes. However, it was exceedingly fun. I'm in two minds here, on one hand this staff report seems more focused on the issue of Windhealers CL ban than this specific problem (do with that what you will).

However, Swagile (Amira Young) brings up a good point here, and is illuminating what I hope will be a turning point in what the community wants for RP. Simply put, the event was allowed within the rules, and the staff member shouldn't be punished for it.

BUT, and this is the real problem here, when sever staff can start an incredibly low RP event and be fine, but player events that only slight go off the edge of the communties RP Standards result in bans, it's time to seriously reconsider the server's rules.

TLDR: TakeTheShot (and staff as a whole) aren't completely at fault here, but in the future they shouldn't be held to a double standard when it comes to RP, especially when comparing Clown APC to the CL creating a store.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DekoToast View Post
    Hey there folks, guess I should drop my two cents here. I was the Executive Officer this round, and the genius behind operations ClownCrasher and ClownCrasher Two: Electric Boogaloo. I'll be straight then, the event was beyond LRP, bordering on 0RP in my eyes. However, it was exceedingly fun. I'm in two minds here, on one hand this staff report seems more focused on the issue of Windhealers CL ban than this specific problem (do with that what you will).

However, Swagile (Amira Young) brings up a good point here, and is illuminating what I hope will be a turning point in what the community wants for RP. Simply put, the event was allowed within the rules, and the staff member shouldn't be punished for it.

BUT, and this is the real problem here, when sever staff can start an incredibly low RP event and be fine, but player events that only slight go off the edge of the communties RP Standards result in bans, it's time to seriously reconsider the server's rules.

TLDR: TakeTheShot (and staff as a whole) aren't completely at fault here, but in the future they shouldn't be held to a double standard when it comes to RP, especially when comparing Clown APC to the CL creating a store.
    Basically this.

The issue isn't the event, its the double standard its showing in the current attitude to roleplay on the server.

"Do as I say not as I do"

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting as an Admin who wants to be open and honest with the community.

On several occasions in the past few months we (The Admins) have been asked to ensure our events meet the servers MRP standards. The reason for this is we have been enforcing the MRP standard on the community, thus it wouldn't be fair if we produced LRP material for the community.

I'm saying this as I believe the community has a right to know that our internal standards are in-line with what we are enforcing in-game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post with Rob here.

Admins used to be able to run LRP events, currently we are STRONGLY discouraged from doing so: for my part Souto man and several others have gone by the wayside due to new policy/ player expectations. I found them fun but the "them's the breaks" as some people might say.

That being said Take hasn't been as active as he used to during COVID 19... I believe he was on a break of some sort. While this is no excuse it might explain the issue.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an obvious salt report because of what happpened with dreven. Now that report has been solved, its time for this one.
    Admins are permitted to do FUN/Silly events, and FUN/Silly events can be done once in awhile.

If an admin makes an event for example they spawn as a deathsquad with a minigun just to mow down marines, that is griefing/abuse.

Clown car, DnD Cards of Fate, Space Nam, Awan's extended paranoia event, SCP, etc... are for the purposes of changing it up so everyone can fun.

Want to run these FUN events, join the mod team, and work your way up and you get that privledge after hard work.
    You even said you didn't take offense to this event, so we're not going to Punish taketheshot.

Also for fun events or events others consider "LRP" staff as a whole during that event can relax the RP restrictions on the server so there's no "Double Standards." So if there is a fun event going on you won't get bwoinked for saying "EPIC" or meming.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 06-19-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids