User Tag List

Thread: So, about Solaris Ridge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up So, about Solaris Ridge

Why the fuck has Solaris Ridge turned into the speedrun any % map ?

Since MOBA update not a single Solaris round has gone beyond 12:59. What's the deal here and how can this be fixed because I sure hope devs are not thinking of just leaving it like that.

Solaris is probably THE best map in terms of openess, gameplay and RP, it'd be a real shame that it was stuck being played for 40 minutes then immediately back to LV borefest.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because Big Bread is very small in reality.

From LZ2 to ETA its less than a minute walk. From LZ1 to Lambda its about 3 minutes in Heavy Armor with wielded gun. No obstructions, no anything basically. Since MOBA gave a lot of power to T3s its more about robust beno players than ever before. If robustos "roll" T3 its beno hijack by 12:45 and then beno major. If baldos "roll" T3s its marine major in 12:35.

Only two real chokepoints exist. ETA caves and Lambda podlock. If one sides menages to go trough, they crush the other. Prison despite being smaller has a lot of unmeltable/unC4able podlocks and a lot of chokepoints. LV is fairly big and has fog. Rest is big, or is so laggy that 12:59 is 13:45 in reality.

Less materials for forward cades encourages strong pushes.

It all basically deevolved to:
    Players of equal skill on both sides - Massive marine rush and dice roll. Either marines kill benos, or benos kill marines and then they easly push FoB.
    A lot of robust players on one side - Quick win.
    Last edited by CABAL; 06-12-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget the IO hell, ignore them and it nuke major 1 hour in, or maybe four sadars with OT rockets gangsadaring the queen to death. Aliens can't fight long fights unless they got good warriors getting constant caps on idiot marines that cant resist out of an acid spit much less lunge.

Basically the game been pushed to go fast or lose fast for aliens.

Also tier 2s can still determine the flow of the map, had once on LV a few warriors and runners and a burrower DELETE the LZ and force the marines to be bottled up in hydro killing the vast majority of them planetside. On an other a group of warriors/lurkers were wiping the floor with some poor bastards in bar at big red. It just mostly the tier 2s are UBER unorganized and trying to frontline instead of being useful and harassing in force. Aliens really really badly need some form of management like hunting packs or something so it isnt hell to figure where to go as a pack for lurkers or warriors.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't get 4 SADARs anymore, most you can get is two now.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I saw a round where marines were completely BTFO 5 minutes after arrival, they literally spent more time on briefing/gearing than fighting. Something I've noticed is that marines either get curbstomped at bar and pushed off planet 10 minutes after that or repel benos at bar and they unga rush into the Hive.

I think there might be an issue of there being just too many places for benos to roll out from.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think at the end of the day it comes down to which side is more robust

I've seen marines winning Lz 2 Ice within 30 minutes because drones didn't bother making defences
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snezhinka View Post
    I think at the end of the day it comes down to which side is more robust

I've seen marines winning Lz 2 Ice within 30 minutes because drones didn't bother making defences
    It's been too consistent a trend to be chalked up simply to one side being more robust, even in prison the rounds still go beyond 13:00. I've yet to see a single Solaris round where the ground combat wasn't over in 20 minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's partly because of all the Engineer nerfs. It's no longer viable to fall back to the FOB to regroup, rearm, and heal up a bit before pushing back out again since the Xenos will just breeze through the defenses. This means that marines have to always be pushing since there's nothing to fall back to, either they keep going until they've cleared the hive or the push fails and they're split up and picked off before the hive just walks over and takes the FOB.