User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: huebone - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huebone - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Challade
    Character Name?
    Uriel 'Encino Man' Payan
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Kerek
    Total Ban Duration
    permanant
    Remaining Duration
    -
    What other servers do you play on?
    Hippie Station
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Never gotten discord banned
    Reason for Ban
    Permanantly banned from the discord for making "misogynistic" jokes in the #shitpost channel
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    [I] I can't provide screenshots considering I got banned from the discord. But all of these jokes were in #shitposting where it is more or less appropriate to "shitpost." Shitposting meaning posting shit to make people mad. My jokes were what they are, jokes. I have not had instances of this behavior outside in other channels, because obviously, I don't really act the way I'm accused of acting outside of the shitposting channel.

Honestly, what is this? I got banned without even a single warning, not to mention the jokes I made were in the presence of mods such as Bancrose and I never recieved a single warning for my behavior. I got kicked once for posting a greentext that was explicit in words but not imagery. Aside from that nothing about "misogyny".

Not to mention, the ban was without warning and clearly personal. If Kerek wanted me to stop he could've warned me, but instead immediately jumped the gun on a personal level.

/I]
    Last edited by Challade; 01-20-2019 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Had to blur out names of other users in the screenshot as well as make it an image rather than a link

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was just from a quick search of your name on the discord, and one saved meme someone made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post

^
    This was just from a quick search of your name on the discord, and one saved meme someone made.

This was all to Bancrose. It was shitposting and he recognized it, aside from it being in shitposting. Not only that, I never got any warning for it, ever. If I had been let known that my misogyny among the pedophile/racism/sexism jokes from the other users were not allowed, I could've stopped. But clearly this is some sort of attempt from you to get me exiled from the community considering you're chasing around my posting and pulling screenshots from the shitposting channel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think such behavior is remotely acceptable on our discord server when we had a manager removed for the same thing. It's not funny to 'joke' about abusing women. I've wanted to remove you from the discord for a long while until I got the go ahead from Emerald after someone else brought it to her attention.

edit : The only reason I banned you for it was because I'm the one who saw it first. I don't have any bad blood with you, but I second the numerous opinions that this is unacceptable behavior.
    Last edited by Kerek; 01-20-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerek View Post
    I don't think such behavior is remotely acceptable on our discord server when we had a manager removed for the same thing. It's not funny to 'joke' about abusing women. I've wanted to remove you from the discord for a long while until I got the go ahead from Emerald after someone else brought it to her attention.

edit : The only reason I banned you for it was because I'm the one who saw it first. I don't have any bad blood with you, but I second the numerous opinions that this is unacceptable behavior.
    Then give me a warning about it? Clearly this "misogynistic" behavior is joking from shitposting. If you didn't like it you should've said it sooner, I clearly would have stopped since I've ONLY ever made these posts in shitposting. Just now I hear about this "wanting to remove you from the discord for a long time business. Clearly you sent the screenshots of the images to Emerald without the context or WHERE it was posted. Not to mention, most of these were in the presence of Bancrose, he CLEARLY would have made it known that I was not allowed to joke about these subjects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huebone View Post
    Then give me a warning about it? Clearly this "misogynistic" behavior is joking from shitposting. If you didn't like it you should've said it sooner, I clearly would have stopped since I've ONLY ever made these posts in shitposting. Just now I hear about this "wanting to remove you from the discord for a long time business. Clearly you sent the screenshots of the images to Emerald without the context or WHERE it was posted. Not to mention, most of these were in the presence of Bancrose, he CLEARLY would have made it known that I was not allowed to joke about these subjects.
    It doesn't matter where they were posted, it's the content of what was posted. I was PM'd by someone else to handle this situation, so I did. I've thought this behavior was poor, but no one else seemed to have a problem with it. I let it slide. The moment I was notified someone wanted me to handle this, I did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerek View Post
    It doesn't matter where they were posted, it's the content of what was posted. I was PM'd by someone else to handle this situation, so I did. I've thought this behavior was poor, but no one else seemed to have a problem with it. I let it slide. The moment I was notified someone wanted me to handle this, I did.
    Fair enough. A bit drastic to permanently ban me without a warning though. And since other mods didn't give a warning or anything else for my shitposting in shitposting, it was obvious to assume that it was okay. Now I know and I'll cross that off my list of things I'm not allowed to joke about. A warning seems more reasonable for making shitposts in the shitposts server as my only offense no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I will go further to say that the stuff you were saying or have said seems in poor taste, keep in mind just because some Moderators dont issue you with a punishment for certain things, doesn't mean its allowed as this is clearly the case where another staff member has stepped in. So I will pose the question, what is to prevent you from doing this again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizari View Post
    Player Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I will go further to say that the stuff you were saying or have said seems in poor taste, keep in mind just because some Moderators dont issue you with a punishment for certain things, doesn't mean its allowed as this is clearly the case where another staff member has stepped in. So I will pose the question, what is to prevent you from doing this again?

A warning.

Most of the "evidence" acrued is in a span of maybe a couple of minutes on the fourth of January. Not to mention it's pretty tame compared to the racism and other stuff on there. I should've been warned sooner.

Instead, I got an underhanded ban with no warning. No other moderator or admin cared or saw the issue in what I was joking about. Seems personal doesn't it?

I mean really, don't you think that this ban COINCIDENTALLY happened right as Survivor and Kerek commented on my CO whitelist app. Not to mention Survivor has some weird grudge with me after a seperate event. It's obvious that they communicated before hand to get me banned from the discord to use it as reason to derail my CO app.
    Quite simply Kerek didn't ban me because of misogyny, he used that as a front to justify banning me without warning. They just don't like me. Kerek and Survivor went out of their way to dig up my shitposts from shitposting, because I haven't shown any of this behavior in the other channels. This is just an abuse of power and attempt to get me kicked off just like Feweh did, the difference is, I'm not ACTUALLY a misogynist, I'm just being painted as one.
    Last edited by Challade; 01-20-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: made clarifications and cleaned up the format

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, this ban was approved by emerald blood - they had told someone to bring evidence to a discord mod so they could ban on their behalf