Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PaladinThicc - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    PaladinThicc

Player Name You Use Most?
    Calum 'Bishop' McDonald| Previously 'Crockett'

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    None

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    None

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield Executions are a tool used by the CO and only him (besides high command) that must take place instantly and not via proxy, therefore the CO must do it himself. It can't take place with people that are brigged due to the fact they would require in my opinion a regular execution. As a tool, it should only be used as a last resort really and truly, or if the person does really bad softgriefing, ruins an OP, or does something that I'd consider in an RP way justifiable.

When should it take place :

- Acts of sedition but only the ring leaders, this is so that those very same people couldn't regain the power within the mutiny. The co-conspirators who didn't plan anything out would be demoted and resume their duty as if nothing happened.
    -Acts that harm an operation or the end of an operation, POs evacuating from the operating area before CO authorized it, or someone locking the doors on the dropship with a majority of the marines left outside to die. Other examples may include: Spending req points on dumb shit like HEFA completely(I'll ahelp this as well), or Firing an OB directly on the FOB or where ever we have supply coordinates.
    -Acts that cause major damage to the ship's integrity, Breaking windows don't count, that's a job for the MPs to handle. OTs blowing up their workshop don't count either because it's usually not on purpose. An example would be an OT testing a grenade in maintenance within the ship or dismantling large chunks of the hull on the ship.
    -Causing major harm to the CO: I mean attempting to either A. Bomb me, purposefully attempt to kill me, or otherwise get me extremely close to being captured by an enemy force, regardless if on purpose or not.

I don't think the following deserve a BE because it's dumb :

-Insulting a CO: A simple DASO charge and ten minutes in the brigs works.
    -Sedition(being part of it as in, not leading it): If they reveal who were the leaders and others confirm it, then they are spared, if they refused to admit who were the leaders but weren't themselves they will be demoted to PFC and resume their duty. (If they are a SG their equipment will be taken, SPEC as well)

Regular Executions are conducted solely by the Military Police after following strict criteria, depending on the Code(if it's either Red or Delta) onboard the ship. The requirements for the execution go from approval of either a CO or both the XO and Acting CMPs IF the captain is gone(dead or just hasn't joined). Then how, either a firing line or a lethal injection (Former being done by the MPs, the later by the CMO). Either XO or CMP must be present for it, The prisoner's last rights are given to them, and then then they join DCHAT.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    I'd always try to approach a scenario with these three words in mind: Ask, Order, Force

-Ask: I'd try to reach to an insubordinate person trough diplomacy, to see if I can convince them to act up and follow orders.

-Order: Mainly for if the XO orders anyone else. I'd give them the order myself and see from there what happens. If they are disobeying, or not following my own orders I would attempt more to approach from a diplomatic standpoint or result to Force.

-Force: Rather than forcing the crew member to work, I'd set an example to the rest of the corp, and arrest them for NOD or Disorderly Conduct, whichever would fit more accurately. Why result in brigging them, slowly when one stops doing their work right and more follow, one by one the system falls apart if left unchecked or maintained

Some scenarios I thought off the top of my head:

-An MP arrests a delta marine for a reason I don't know, I ask why and he fails to provide it, I try and ask again nothing. I go to the brig and see why he was arrested and for the sake of the argument it's Damage of Government Property, he broke a window in the squad req to be a bit more precise. I'd pardon him until the OP is over, or give him the glass to fix it, or just take it out of his pay.

MPs are the leash for me on the ship, they are meant to keep everyone in line and follow the ML themselves if they stand to decide to ignore it than I'd fax command for aid, if unavailable(whether no staff available or the fax takes too long) I'd request a fireteam from a squad(probably bravo so we have a fast response) to come shipside and help try and stop the MPs until command would send an RMP detachment.

-Staff Officer deployed without my consent: This can go two ways, A. He's really good, performs well, and gives me accurate information for OBs, secures flanks. or B. Dies/ is useless.
    IF A = Gets pardoned and a medal for his efforts because he would have probably saved an OP
    IF B = Brig if alive

Another example for Staff would be ordered, I follow the idea that Lieutenants have more an average IQ and are aware of some form of battlefield tactics, and thus I would have them a simple order to transfer to a squad, Example "delta takes Theta dome" how doesn't matter as long as they do it.

-REQ isn't listening to what is needed at the front and is ordering random equipment, talk to them about why they're doing it, could be they might not have the comms with the marines due to the RO being cryo'd or req might be poorly staffed. If they are ignoring me, then I'll have to put the boot down, go to req, and order them like babies, and if that doesn't work, pick one for an example, if possible of course. Without req I'm aware that an operation would probably die out, no supply would be brought to the marines and thus the decreasing the chances.

-CMO refusing to send a doctor to the ground for a triage to be set up when it's safe. I'd try to find out why they won't let one deploy and if it appears to be a reason I consider idiotic I'd order the doctor to deploy myself. If the CMO belays my order I'd brig him(I've had this happen to me as XO with no CO, with the SOP an XO has overall power over the CMO when there's no CO). A situation like this would force most marines to have to redeploy again when in reality if a triage is set up on the ground a marine doesn't have to wait for the dropship and walk to the front with the added risk of being pounced by a runner or lurker, they could be pulled back to hydro (taking LV as an example) and the doc could patch them up there and they'd be back in the fight faster than having to be medevaced, a doctor taking them and patching him up shipside, then wa- Its a long ass process that would waste time and effort.

With regards to medical as a whole, if doctors effectively stop doing any surgeries, marines are handicapped heavily, just like how req if it was full of insubordinate crew members it would lead to a downfall of an OP I think this applies to medical.

-OTs deciding to be clowns and deploy with all their happy fun nades, I'll flat out order them back to dropship because they are effectively producing weaponry that doesn't require us to spend a budget, thus making them more vital than certain other roles. Another situation would be OTs deciding to mutiny with other marines or just flat out rogue, this is a very very very dangerous situation for everyone on board the ship, I see it as a priority for the MPs to effectively neutralize(arrest not kill) the threat if no compromise could be found.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    I view the role of a Commanding Officer from :

-IC: a way to enhance roleplay across the board for all marines and crew on the ship. Not to mention it's a morale booster, although I think a lot of people think this about the marines and Xenos, there is morale needed and if a queen fights or CO fights both sides are given an incentive to fight harder.

-OOC: I am of the opinion that a CO is needed in-case of people who play as staff officers or officers in general and act like fools, go a bit on the rogue-ish side of things, and need a stronger leash.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    To benefit roleplay I don't really think there's anything that needs to be added for the CO. High Command events or even FAXes requesting specific stuff for the colony or maybe to hidden goals to keep 75% of the marines alive during the OP.

I always consider that roleplay doesn't come from what you can get but what you can provide. So if a player comes in with creativity and can find the stuff to use to roleplay something to close if not exactly what he wants he doesn't need more.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I want to try and actually bring up new ideas to fight, not the same old routine. I do it sometimes as XO because it's simpler for staff officers to deal with, but if I tried to experiment as XO a lot of people would complain in dchat because 'MUH XO NOT BEING BIG BRAIN LIKE HE'S MEANT TO'.

I want to try and break the idea of doing the same old stuff over and over again. "Bravo LZ, alpha and delta to the bar, charlie does power and goes to bar" it's boring.

I want to experiment, and use maps features to my advantage, which isn't done so often. Take trijent for example : water that does large amounts of damage to anyone who goes into it and one way to go north. If the xenos are confirmed there then we just need to secure the dam from our side and fortify it. We can make the FOB there, and advance there.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Extract from McDonalds Journal

March 3, 2184 - I can't believe I managed to get through the academy without a hitch and I’m being placed into Space Force Eridani, mother even sent me our family rosary and a letter saying everyone back home is proud that I’m making the world a safer place. I’m being sent to the 1st Brigade, 4 Battalion “Birds of Prey” D company, second platoon. Really excited to meet the men I’m dealing with, hopefully they aren’t as rowdy and heavy crayon eaters like the rumors.

March 17, 2184 - They are mostly not crayon eaters, the delta squad are the only ones but are competent. Word from brass said the 4th Battalion is moving to the Shinowa Colony to aid in the defence against UPP Forces on the planet.Kinda nervous not knowing what to expect. 3rd Battalion is moving to figure out where the UPP are originating from planetside.

March 30, 2184 - Dropships are landing, I’ve got my platoon down and briefed both Staff Sergeants on our objectives : Take and hold the north western section of the colony. Colony is around 50km squared, the garrison is held up at the south end of the colony.

April 7, 2184 - D Company impressed me, when we met the first bits of resistance from the UPP forces in a poshy suburban area, I managed to get the squads to toss smoke grenades at the held up buildings. I ordered mortar fire on the rear buildings we didn’t clear and man, they crumbled down faster than what I’ve seen in films. The guys we fought turned out to be simple grunts but their officer had some documents showing the plans and holdouts, and also a detailed description of the supply chain.

April 16, 2184 - Battalion Command ordered D Company to rotate to take out the UPP supply chain to the east. C Company would take our place apparently holding that area. Company Command ordered the first Platoon to attack a key bridge that the supply lines ran through, while we had to attack a column that would make its last supply run. A and B company are attacking from the east end of the colony, they’ve got it as bad as us don’t know what’s going on for ‘em.

April 23, 2184 - First Platoon got hit hard, had to divert alpha, bravo squads, even the mortar and sniper to aid them. Was worth the weight though we pushed the commies off our side of the river and we even managed to secure their opposite side of the bridge. I ordered our engineers to blow it up, couldn’t have them cross again and resupply the forces. Thankfully the supply trucks that we found had some blasting charges in then. A and B company broke through and are push southwards to link up with the remnants of the garrison of this colony. Charlie is gonna attempt to link with us at the factory complex.

May 3, 2184 - I received orders to secure the ‘Red October Factory Complex’ as the commie bastards we didn’t kill called it. My L42 ended up blowing up when I was aiming, docs said I’d be fine but my eye was gone. Picked up a 44 and a machete since we’re gonna have to advance into a close quarter hell hole. Me and the First Platoon leader are gonna attack at dusk, mortar fire will distract them from the main push of us. One last note, after the flash when the rifle blew up,I entered felt total calm and saw an odd figure to me, as if god himself touched me and spoke to me, something along the lines of destined for greatness but whatever that greatness is, I don’t know.I grabbed my rosary, got up and carried on with my duty.

May 10, 2184 - Company commander congratulated me for the stellar work on taking the Factory, C Company managed to get there in time for us and were flanking from the same position we were. By dawn we had secured it, and I had ordered all heavily injured to be taken to the company triage to be treated. First Platoon leader was dead and I had to take charge. I contacted Company Command and he gave the green light. This siege was soon over, I can feel it in my bones, the garrison was saved apparently. Last pockets of resistance were to the south east and were only getting limited supply by it getting airdropped, most of the time the air wing would snap at ‘em.

May 31,2184 - Our Battalion is attacking the factory complex from all sides with CAS and mortar fire, we see large rising fires coming out of the west end of the complex. The UPP forces set it on fire themselves, reports told me, it’s barbaric. We’re taking heavy losses trying to take this position. Those aren’t people in there, they are devils and demons in there, fire nor bullets, starvation or dehydration isn’t stopping them. What in Gods green Earth are they made of?

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're mistaking sedition for mutiny and the part where you'll just send mutineers back to the ground just irks me. If someone mutinied against you they're not gonna quit just because you told them to, they're gonna go right back to mutiny'ing. Also I've never seen you in command, SL or otherwise. I'm gonna -1 this because I just don't think you're ready for CO. Goodluck either way
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Whitelisted Predator Coroneljones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point by point:
    Acts of sedition but only the ring leaders, this is so that those very same people couldn't regain the power within the mutiny. The co-conspirators who didn't plan anything out would be demoted and resume their duty as if nothing happened.
    Sedition(being part of it as in, not leading it): If they reveal who were the leaders and others confirm it, then they are spared, if they refused to admit who were the leaders but weren't themselves they will be demoted to PFC and resume their duty. (If they are a SG their equipment will be taken, SPEC as well)
    Sedition is a Capital charge, you dont just demote them and let them go on their way, they are held in the permabrig or executed outside of a pardon or appeal. Not only that but being "co-conspirators who didnt plan anything out" doesnt make them innocent, they were all aboard the plan to shoot and kill the CO.
    "To engage in actions or refuse to follow orders as to overthrow or usurp the legitimate command structure."-Marine Law on Sedition

An MP arrests a delta marine for a reason I don't know, I ask why and he fails to provide it, I try and ask again nothing. I go to the brig and see why he was arrested and for the sake of the argument it's Damage of Government Property, he broke a window in the squad req to be a bit more precise. I'd pardon him until the OP is over, or give him the glass to fix it, or just take it out of his pay.
    So you are basically willing to pardon any random marine for "minor" crimes, when Pardons are ment to be rare and for exceptional situations.

MPs are the leash for me on the ship, they are meant to keep everyone in line and follow the ML themselves if they stand to decide to ignore it than I'd fax command for aid, if unavailable(whether no staff available or the fax takes too long) I'd request a fireteam from a squad(probably bravo so we have a fast response) to come shipside and help try and stop the MPs until command would send an RMP detachment.
    Really? Having marines come up and shoot the MPs?
    If they are ignoring marine law, you ahelp it.
    Rule 15. Military Police - All Military Police jobs must follow Marine Law. They may ignore Minor Crimes unless ordered to enforce them, but they may not ignore Major Crimes nor commit any crimes themselves, Minor or Major.

-Staff Officer deployed without my consent: This can go two ways, A. He's really good, performs well, and gives me accurate information for OBs, secures flanks. or B. Dies/ is useless.
    IF A = Gets pardoned and a medal for his efforts because he would have probably saved an OP
    IF B = Brig if alive
    Option A is literally "Heres a medal for ignoring me, the CO, and doing as you please"

These are my opinions, in regards to specific things that I picked out.
    So giving my -1
    Last edited by Coroneljones; 06-16-2020 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Red -1
    I am Crornel Jrones, grorious admin of Coronial Mahreens. U ar arr nast Trorr and will be ding dong bannu. U critizize Xenos? Ding dong Bannu. U no rike grorious adminnu? Ding dong Bannu. U comrpain about Marine nerfs? Dingdong bannu. U comprain about grorrious adminnu? O yoo betta bereev dat's a bannu. It has come to my Grorrious attention dat nasty trorr has been imidatingu me on serveru, dis is a shamfrul dispray and unacceptaboo so dey ding dong bannu. End of Rine ----------Rine ends here.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I don't think the following deserve a BE because it's dumb :

-Insulting a CO: A simple DASO charge and ten minutes in the brigs works.
    -Sedition(being part of it as in, not leading it): If they reveal who were the leaders and others confirm it, then they are spared, if they refused to admit who were the leaders but weren't themselves they will be demoted to PFC and resume their duty. (If they are a SG their equipment will be taken, SPEC as well)"
    I have little real issue with your first point beyond what could be considered ideological differences in how CO is to be played and certain ML policies followed. Insulting a CO in a minor way isn't BE worthy, but according to BE provisions major cases of insults and insubordination and threats are. There's no exact science to determine this and likely never will be so I do not have real issue with this point since its mainly opinion based and based in interpretation personal usage of the BE clause. TL;DR: It's along the Lines of a "I don't really like using BEs for X"
    I do have an issue with your second point on Sedition. There's a fair bit to break down here so I'll do my best. You give a really contrived and false way to handle this situation I think and your judgement doesn't seem sound on it. It sounds good on paper but not only would it likely would fall apart in a real crisis of mutiny or just a marine simply acting seditious its also outright illegal in some ways. This reflects a misstep in understand ML.

According to ML, there are three conditions for a justified BE: "A threat to your command. A threat to persons. A threat to the ship or operation."

While all three hold importance with sedition, the "Threat to your command" clause is particularly useful in seeing where you went wrong.
    "A threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command, or attempting to remove your command through illegal means. (Minor insults, disagreements, or being faxed about to high command is not undermining your command. Countermanding or refusing to follow orders is.)"
    Sedition is according to ML a Capital crime with the minimum punishment being Permanent Confinement. Execution is the only other option. You may not pardon them. You may not release. You certainly should not just let it go be it with Marine Law's Sedition clause or with the Battlefield Execution clause.

Sedition means they are "to engage or refuse to follow orders as to overthrow or usurp the legitimate command structure."
    The justified BE condition for "A Threat to your Command" is "Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command, or attempting to remove your command through illegal means."
    I shouldn't have have to do the math for you but cookie cut the "Threat to Command" description into the understanding of what Sedition is and you should get the idea that Sedition is not a dumb BE.

By the BE condition set forth and by virtue of Sedition being a Capital Crime with permanent confinement or Execution and no pardon authority, it is absolutely justified and even necessary in many cases to execute seditious marines.

By your answer, Im not sure you realize this or understand what sedition entails. Not only is BEing seditious Marines legal and even necessary, your scenario for an alternate solution is illegal.

"Sedition(being part of it as in, not leading it): If they reveal who were the leaders and others confirm it, then they are spared, if they refused to admit who were the leaders but weren't themselves they will be demoted to PFC and resume their duty. (If they are a SG their equipment will be taken, SPEC as well)
    According to you, any seditious marines who are presumably involved in a mutiny ( See #1) will be spared.
    - This is illegal. Sedition, even just being apart of it, is a Capital Crime. Mutiny is Sedition. It's also a Capital Crime. The crime for Sedition is permanent confinement or execution. BEs are warranted and necessary alongside permanent confinement at the minimum. Since a crime is being committed, I presume you would be sparing these marines who followed the ringleaders with pardons. This is also illegal. Pardons can not be granted for seditious acts such as cases where marines are trying to usurp or undermine your authority such as in individual cases or in mutinies.

Based on later comments, you write they will be able to resume their duty albeit with a lower rank if they refuse your offer of revealing leaders.
    - Again, this is mostly illegal. Demotion is correct. You can demote a seditious marine, but the fact is ML states Sedition gets "Execution or Permanent Confinement - Demotion". Not "or" demotion. If a marine committed a mutiny or sedition, they are to be arrested and thrown in permanent confinement and/or being executed. BEs are warranted and likely necessary even depending on situational criteria.

#1. (Sedition can occur outside a mutiny. I believe you are confusing mutinies and sedition)

The only props I can give you for your comments on Sedition and BE is that you would consider BEing the ringleaders of a mutiny/seditious act as acceptable, but you are going far enough in what is considered a Capital Crime and BE-acceptable. Your other comments on it I believe are false or outright illegal and reflect a false understanding of the power and authorities granted to you with BEs and ML. I believe there's also some mistaken beliefs and mixups on Sedition, Mutinies and pardons.

Edit: Coronel Jones also makes a good point on the medal. A medal and a pardon for someone who disobeyed your direct orders? I can understand one or the other, but doing both seems to pander. Direct insubordination to the CO is already a possible BE offense. Pardons should be used sparingly, with caution and with full understanding of the facts. If a marine commits a crime after being pardoned it is the CO's responsibility and fault.

Edit 2: What do you consider to be MPs not doing ML? Arresting you (they must do so with HC approval already?

That simply means a stamped fax granting approval for the arrest which may or may not result in demotion/removal from command). MPs MUST follow Marine Law. To not do so Is a OOC offense. Additionally, while they can ignore Minor Crimes they are OBLIGATED To deal with Major and Capital Crimes. Calling up marines to, and I quote,
    help try and stop the MPs until command would send an RMP detachment.
    is a prime way to get a riot, mutiny, or entire department killed through your own direct actions. You virtually are telling marines to go free range on the MPs with a order like that.

How do you respond to this issue on your points on Sedition, Mutinies, and BEs and what do you consider to be MPs not doing ML properly?
    Last edited by Vispainius; 06-16-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to explain a bit better to the points because they are extremely valid but I want to solve these more in character rather than not.

1. I basically saw the position of "why would they mutiny" and I'd want an understanding of it, by the time a mutiny would take place Shit hit the fan on the ground because from a force of 70 marines and 10 mutiny the OP is already in a bad spot. the ship is gonna have 10 hostiles CIC and MPs would have to deal with. I would rather from those ten, 3 who wanted to do it are executed, and the rest redeploy and keep on fighting.

2. I chose delta for a specific reason, they would get rowdy (I originally was gonna mention it but thought it was obvious). I'd rather they are indebted to the corp and fix the situation later rather than straight away if it's before deployment.

3.I've been in incidents were MPs weren't following parts of the ML(They had a fight club and used prisoners in it as far as I remember). An admiral was dispatched to investigate it and I was the bodyguard of the admiral. I prefer In character solutions to MPs being ass clowns instead of Ahelping straight away. If it's constant murder than it's flat out grief and other people would respond to it. Also remember the marines coming up were a desperate thing, a last resort depending on staff or faxes. If nothing happens from either should I just stand still? Deputize all of CIC and we go and stop them? It drains manpower from the command structure that's already extremely limited.

4.I should have been a bit clearer on this because I had the mindset CIC was properly staffed (4 lieutenants, XO and CO). I also think that acts that change courses of battle do deserve major reward. Once when I was XO a Lieutenant deployed onto prison and when I wanted to Evac and basically say 'gg we tried' he managed to get us a Marine major. A maverick deserves to be recognized for his efforts if they are good or bad.

Thanks for the feedback really appreciate it. I really wish I had realized the mistake I made within the hour I could edit this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Not up to you since its a Capital Crime. I can't find anywhere stating mutineers get immunity post-mutiny. Mutiny wise - if Command wins any known seditious marines could be arrested and may. Only way they really can avoid that is by pretending they weren't. If the MPs as to arrest a mutineer for sedition, there is nothing I can find the CO could do barring HC.

The charge is simply too serious to let go as "Let bygones be bygones". Any known seditious marines are also probably gonna be dead, too injured to resist, or going to/are be arrested anyways at that point. MP wise, the same situation may exist. Too many simply injured or dead to properly carry out their duties for awhile. Hell if the Alert Level is Red (most likely) or Delta, any Permanently confined marines could be executed without normal procedure.

If Command loses, they most likely are all gonna be dead. It's a VERY real threat.

2. Usage of pardoning them and the SO and all these cases just seems to indicate to me you are too frivolous with pardons. You realize any pardons you commit can leave you responsible for the marine's crimes later down the line? Pardoning a frivolous crime for example only for them to commit a more serious one like Assault with Deadly on say, a MP, because they believe you will just bail them out again (entirely possible given some people's mental states) could leave you held accountable.
    The Captain may be held responsible for further criminal actions committed by those they pardon
    3. So your solution is to call up marines to deal with them? Like you said, the Admins sent a Admiral in that *very* unique case. But that's not a normal. What concerns me is that you are essentially writing any perceived case they aren't doing their job could lead to you calling up marines to deal with them. Let me phrase it in the way of an announcement:

"Bravo, Form a Fireteam and send up some marines to help me deal with these MPs."
    > Not only will you get Bravos but you'll get Deltas, Charlie, Alphas so on all who have a bone to pick with the MPs. A fight will, most likely, erupt and the MPs will be gunned down no matter what you do. Simply wording it as, "Help me deal with these MPs" to marines seems to indicate a carte blanche to take matters into your own hands.
    What happens if one of those marines you call up breaks a legitimate Law and the MPs try to arrest them? In short, guaranteed fight no matter what with that type of order. It's an unrealistic order. If MPs are truly break ML, AHELP/Fax HC and wait for response or deal with it personally as CO. COs can BE MPs or even order their arrest. Even the CMP.

4. A maverick should be recognized but you shouldn't bend over backwards if they also were committing crimes. Someone disobeying direct orders is still them disobeying direct orders even if they did good. Sure, maybe a medal. Maybe just not ordering their arrest. But you shouldn't bend your will to accommodate for their own selfish desires when you ordered them to cease/not do so. You shouldn't give them particularly special treatment or recognize them especially if they are insubordinate. That can just lead to issues down the line.

Example: Lt fucks off alone to the planet and is noticed by CO. He is ordered to return but instead basically gives you the equivalent (or direct) "Fuck off CO" response. He ends up killing 1-3 xenos harassing. Do you give him a medal? Maybe if he's arrested sure. Do you order him arrested? Depends on the extend of his insubordination. Do you order him arrested and then pardon him and give him a medal and pat on the back? Absolutely not.

My main suggestion is you familiarize yourself with Marine Law and play more XO to maybe get some more of these cases with ML. Maybe some active familiarization as well (play MP enough to be comfortable in the role if needed). You don't need to be an expert or MP main but you should know the basics and the mentality of MPs, relationship between MPs - Command - Marines, and how they navigate that alongside Marine Law application.

CO isn't constantly dealing with ML, but you should address issues as they arrive. Understand some solutions which sound good on paper (or the internet) are not good ones in reality as they lead to worse situations.

Many people may different opinions on strictness of ML or COing and so on, but the issue here isn't that really. It's more how you understand Sedition and Mutinies, BEs (to an extent) and pardons.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 06-16-2020 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my concerns were voiced out by Vispa and CoronelJones.

Pardons are to be used very carefully as you will be held accountable for the further offenses that a marine may commit after you pardon them. This can ignite unpleaseful situations in game and you may be arrested for it. We can still not trust you with pardons and this role yet.

If MPs are breaking and ignoring ML by any way, you ahelp. Do NOT take matters into your own hands. Ordering marines to rally with you to intimidate or deal with MPs will only lead to brawls and possibly a player report from the MPs.

I believe that you still lack the experience for this whitelist. I recommend you play CMP, MP, XO, SL and SO. Grind these roles in a month or two.

Also, if you have any questions regarding this whitelist, feel free to DM me at any time. Other councillors are also willing to help you with whitelists if you have questions regarding BEs and pardons.

A lot more will be demanded from you when you are a CO. You are not prepared to take this huge responsibility that you have on your back. For now it will be a NEGATIVE vote but do NOT feel defeated. You have collected good feedback from this application, I am sure you can mount up a good application next time.
    Last edited by Axyinious; 06-16-2020 at 09:05 PM.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to withdraw, I noted the criticism and will improve upon what was mentioned and hopefully will re-apply. Thanks again for the feedback!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only want to add to the previous posts, which are valid. I've played a lot of times with you in the CIC. From my experience with you, you seem to sort of disregard the command structure, resulting in borderline insubordinate behavior. In this one scenario before I got my CO whitelist I was playing the XO, and my three SOs (including you) were mute as statues. When I asked you all to be more communicative you answered in a condescending manner and then started whispering to the LT sitting next to you. As CO I've observed similar behavior- you say you want to get off the meta and you feel more free to do it as an SO but that isn't right at all.

I'd like it if you played more as XO (don't take this as "binging" though, this will only wear you down) and think about the command structure and the difference between taking some operational liberties by calling a shot, and just acting as a rebellious teenager. For now though this is a -1 from me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved, application withdrawn.

You may reapply in a month.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: