Byond ID?
    Burtyu

Marine Name
    Melworth 'Mel' Koepple

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Angelo

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetics are tasked with a pretty large amount of tasks that put them in the way of danger, whether it be saving Marines from sure death or performing a vital surgery in the heat of combat. Let’s say a Delta Marine is defending a wounded Delta, he's cornered by a Runner or other Xenomorph. A Synthetic's first course of action would be to secure the wounded Marine, stabilizing him in a secure location. In most cases, that would work, but what if the Marine defending the wounded got pounced and is stunned? You, as a Synthetic would attempt to preserve the Marine at all costs, within reason to not expose your unit to needed danger. The simple process of this would be to harm the Xenomorph, not pursue full combat, but just to force it to flee. If it does not flee, you're able to maim it, or even kill it in defense of Human life.

Synthetic Character Story
    What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Angelo is something I've thought about for a while, an Italian Synth would be such a great idea, especially with good execution. So, I came up with Angelo. Angelo is a mighty fine Italian, modeled after an Italian Immigrant from the Old Country during WW2. His main quirk is speaking in the iconic Italian way, the amazing hand motions, the thoughtful quotes, and the cooking. When I mean cooking.. I mean a delicious pizza pie right before an op, the best you would ever have in a lifetime. With flavor comes self-restraint, during emergencies or active duty, Angelo will stop saying his fucking chad phrases and do his job properly. His outfit in general will be an iconic outfit worn by made men in the 60s, a designer polo, adorned with amazing leather shoes and silky smooth khakis. (if I can even make that happen with the closet wardrobe) In general, Angelo will be a warm and welcoming man, reminding you of the owner at your local Italian restaurant! Angelo seems almost human-like, a marvel of technology I suppose, but there’s a small quirk that brings you to the reality that he’s just a computer. Every once in a while, it might take Angelo a second to process something, his face going blank and his eyes in an endless stare, this lasts for about a second, before life floods back into his face and his head jerks to the side, signaling that he got everything together.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Engineering Skillset:

-Basic OT knowledge

-Knowledgeable about field fortifications.

-Understanding how APC's work.

Engineering was nothing I was very fond of, as I find it quite enjoyable in certain circumstances.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Commanding Skillset:

-Familiar with map layouts.

-Multiple rounds as XO.

-SO was a role I use to play avidly.

-Former SL Main.

I know this isn't really a long list, but I enjoy Command, whether it be CE, CMO or SO, it always provides a fun experience.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Medical Skillset:

-Basic Chemistry, not the most knowledgeable in that subject.

-Surgery memorized and mastered.

-Medications and their uses mastered.

-Ghetto Surgery at a mid-level.

-Mastered most treatments, ie. Bica OD for IB.

-Former Doctor main.

In short, Medical is one of my favorite roles in CM, whether it be the knowledge that you can apply in real life (sorta) or the satisfaction of resurrecting a Marine that thought for sure he was dead, Medical is fucking sweet.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Requisition Skills:

-Understanding ARES and the Squad Supply Drop.

-Couple of rounds as RO.

-Effective at running the line.

Req is fun, but also quite simple and easy to familiarize myself with.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I enjoy support roles, whether it be Medical or even IO, I fucking love them. I've been inspired to be a Synthetic from role-models in the community, IE Viktor, and inspired to write a WL from Alberto, whom I consider one of my most cherished friends in CM. Putting in the time and effort in this application wouldn't have been possible without the support from my peers, and I wish to make them proud.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Never.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Never.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Shout out to Medi-Pet, Viktor, Alberto, Rem, Maybe, Optimistic, Bill and everyone else that made this application possible!

"hey angelo." - bill torres

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quirck is pretty cool and there's alot of effort in this app. Mightaswell +1.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Mel at a variety of support rules. They have been maining Medical, Cargo and Engineering for a while now so I can attest to their abilities.

Mel asked for help in the discord, and collected good feedback to gather up this application so I am sure a lot of effort was put into it.

Quirk and story are fine. I like your italian quirk. Based on the above, I will leave a POSITIVE vote. Good luck.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your motivations/inspirations for the personality?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my favorite games of all time, Mafia 2, inspired me to make it. The protagonist, Vito Scaletta, is an immigrant from the old country. His story compelled me, minus the Mafiso bits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH9rNFqIzbs is the inspiration for the first story. My motivations are, well, to have a unique quirk to make people say, "OH, THAT'S COOL!" and inclusion to the reactions from people, and to make people just think back on me, "oh, man, angelo is a pretty good synth."
    Melworth 'Mel' Koepple - Vindicitive cunt, pretty funny but, eh.

Arakawa "Savior of Theta" Aki - Glorious SL that is.. way too cocky with charging.

^ thanks lauffer for the shiny bronze.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Burtyu, apologies for all the delays, I got caught up in irl stuff and never got around to checking your story template you sent me. But, to break the app down.

I love the quirk. Maybe it's just personal bias, but the quirk coupled with the story are so very nice and wholesome, I think you hit the jackpot with these in my opinion.

Your app's answers are good and satisfactory, and I trust you will know when to and when not to apply your synth's quirk i.e. recognize what are good opportunities for roleplay and what are not.

Last but not least I can attest to you being a good player, both ICly, OOCly; on this server and others. I trust you will be a good synth and see no reason not to give you a +1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked the quirk and story, I could tell you put a lot of effort into them.

I see you around so I know you're competent in support roles, and the answers you gave for the questions good.

+1, good luck on the app.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application isn't complete crap.

+1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Witholding my +1 until I get an explanation on this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...heartbreak.png

Edit: after a little consideration I will just be changing my vote to -1 right away. If we caught you not knowing how to fix a heartbreak as a synthetic you would instantly be suspended or dewhitelisted, and giving you the benefit of the doubt here would, in my opinion, set a very bad precedent.

Last edited by 50RemAndCounting; 06-25-2020 at 03:54 AM.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing Doctor, I've quite literally never came across a heart-break, I mean, like ever. My first thought shot to a coronary bypass, as thats how you fix severely damaged hearts in other codebases. I learned that it's quite literally just normal Surgery. I'm sorry for dissapointing you rem, I'll roll with the punches and use this as a learning experience to improve.

edit: fixed literally from literall,y
    Last edited by Burtyu; 06-25-2020 at 05:47 AM.
    Melworth 'Mel' Koepple - Vindicitive cunt, pretty funny but, eh.

Arakawa "Savior of Theta" Aki - Glorious SL that is.. way too cocky with charging.

^ thanks lauffer for the shiny bronze.