User Tag List

Thread: Bromuzl - Developer Application (Spriter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bromuzl - Developer Application (Spriter)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Bromuzl

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Spriter

If Coder, what languages?
    DM, JS, C++, HTML4 and prior

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Bay: Minor sprites for custom and fun items
    2012-2013
    Polaris: Contrib fixes and debugging, primarily during time of inactivity.

Proof of any previous or current work:
    https://pastebin.com/tjJB0RCb
    I can attempt to recover my sprites from the old laptop I played Bay on if needed, assuming I haven't formatted it yet. Most of my Bay work was given to other staff members to add themselves, posted on the forums for others' item apps.

How well do you know Git?
    I've avoided as much actual Git as possible due to anxiety of formatting errors, but have on several occasions attempted to become more competent. I have no issue creating and proof-reading my own PRs as can be seen by my self-closed PRs on Polaris.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I enjoy contributing in any way to ease the burden of maintaining and improving a server I find myself enjoying my time on, with positive staff experiences, and feel even a minor part of the community. It brings a sort of joy to help improve the experience of my fellow players wherever I have the capacity to do so.

While I pride myself in being only a positive influence on the two servers I have been staff of, I encourage you to contact the following ckeys for a reference to my behavior and performance while serving on their staff.
    Rand0mname(Polaris Headmin)
    Virgili555(Bay Headmin)
    Yinadele(Bay Retired Min, currently Eternia)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Bromuzl, thank you for applying for the Spriter position. Your notes are clean, hours are fine, and I appreciate what I can gather about ya from your app and the likes.

With that said, I feel as though your portfolio is lacking. If you could provide examples of your spritework, such as the sprites you mentioned on your old laptop, or create a few references, I would greatly appreciate it, that way I can gauge where you're at currently. And while it's not necessary to learn GitLab before applying, it does help speed up the process of getting you sorted with our git, so if you could practice, or look into Git a bit more during this application process, that would be a major plus as well.

Again, thank you for applying, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Looks up* uh oh..
    Sorry! I checked my app every 12 hours or so initially but after seeing it remain unviewed I binged on CM for a week. Last night I started asking around and began the process of learning GitLab through a hands on approach. I work midnights GMT -08:00 as a 911 operator so tend to have a lot more time in the evenings to do spessthings. I'll hash out some refs for some ideas I've pitched in the survey questions in #Dev-Announcements and maybe re-create my sprites from before.

I would ask if there's something in particular you'd like to see in a sprite for your team but I imagine that is something you have prepared, with due date, for the Spriting test. :B I'll post my work by Monday Night.

Edit: 6/27 https://gitlab.com/Bromuzl/my-Portfo...rge_requests/1
    Edit 6/2930 Raised some questions about sprites, took some reference screenshots, binged some more CM.. Then mixed a margarita and fell asleep early on accident! xD

Okay, I blew my self placed Monday night deadline, but I'm gonna just keep doing until you respond to this. More updates coming until you respond/this is closed.
    Last edited by Bromuzl; 06-30-2020 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Adding WIP to portfolio construction

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spriter Test has been issued, Bromuzl has 2 weeks to turn in his results. Will update this thread as necessary.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bromuzl, my personal apologies on the delay of this application. After reviewing your portfolio sprites and test results, its been decided you're not quite ready for CM at the original time of review (a few months ago, admittedly). However with open source now in full affect, we encourage you to work on your sprites in that environment, which acts as a stepping stone onto the development team proper. We hope to see your content in the future.

Application denied.

I am the art style.