User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which guns are good if you suck at aiming?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A3

3 4.76%
  • 88 Mod 4

2 3.17%
  • M44

3 4.76%
  • VP78

1 1.59%
  • SU-6 Smartpistol

22 34.92%
  • M39 Submachine Gun

8 12.70%
  • M41A Pulse Rifle MK2

6 9.52%
  • M41A Mk1 Pulse Rifle

5 7.94%
  • M41AE2 Heavy Pulse Rifle

19 30.16%
  • L42A Battle Rifle

21 33.33%
  • M37A2 Pump Shotgun

14 22.22%
  • MOU53 break action shotgun

3 4.76%
  • M240A1 Incinerator Unit

12 19.05%
  • M56D Mounted Heavy Machine Gun

11 17.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which guns are good for people who suck at aiming? (asking for a friend)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly you should probably just be using a smartscoped L42 so that you don't FF marines until you learn how firing lanes work in SS13/CM. I could be a wee bit motivated by the number of times I've had a PVT magdump AP into my back.

If your NCOs are half-decent they'll dump req so you can usually snag a smartpistol kit as well. The ammo burns quick but it's a nice tool for getting used to shooting on the move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dice View Post
    Honestly you should probably just be using a smartscoped L42 so that you don't FF marines until you learn how firing lanes work in SS13/CM. I could be a wee bit motivated by the number of times I've had a PVT magdump AP into my back.

If your NCOs are half-decent they'll dump req so you can usually snag a smartpistol kit as well. The ammo burns quick but it's a nice tool for getting used to shooting on the move.
    Yeah I like having the Smartpistol as a medic, because I'll always be surrounded by marines so having a smartpistol lets me just magdump without worry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L42 is a easy weapon to use, but hard to master.

Flamers are more of a support tool.

Submachine guns are pretty good for learning.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Yeah I like having the Smartpistol as a medic, because I'll always be surrounded by marines so having a smartpistol lets me just magdump without worry.
    The thing that really blew my mind was when I noticed that you could fit a smartpistol into the SG ammo rig. It's pretty much perfect because I always find myself having to drag downed marines out of danger as SG as a lot of people don't seem to understand what a SG pointing at a downed marine in a sketchy spot while shouting "GET THEM!", bodyblocking acid spit, and spraying covering fire means. Much easier to do it with a sidearm that can spray through marines while falling back.

Honestly I just wish it was easier to get reloads for the smartpistol. It's a great weapon but that ammo goes so fast even if you leave it on single-shot.

Whitelisted Synthetic CallunaBorealis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In most situations, you are either at the front which means CQC which means shotgun. If you are behind others, you need a weapon with IFF so you can also fire without hitting the guy in front and add to the volley of fire.

My favourite is the SU-6 with recoil compensator so I can shoot one handed to scare off enemies, especially useful for firing and retreating at the same time, especially when I'm playing as an SL, support roles or IO where I'm not in the front-lines. If not, M44 with B8 is my second choice though the delay needed to look into the scope can get annoying especially when you are being pushed into a different direction.
    Shore leave approved for all my characters, enjoying the beaches of New Hawaii until further notice.

Plays as Heather Tanigawa (Intel and everything else), Erica Picotte (Medical) and Angela Ochoa (Engineering) in the USCM.

Aissa the Synthetic, a former waitress for a Cuban-themed restaurant franchise.

CB-** the Beno.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I can't think of a better weapon to use than a flamer, I mean you can see exactly where it shoots! Very good weapon for new players or those with bad aim, highly recommend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as the most voted weapon only has 1/3 of the votes I guess no weapons are good for shitty aimers.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as the most voted weapon only has 1/3 of the votes I guess no weapons are good for shitty aimers.
    Beno claws would have 100%, but you didn't included them. Especially with aim assistance. Made especially for baldos who can't aim clicks, just stand next to and click in general direction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Beno claws would have 100%, but you didn't included them. Especially with aim assistance. Made especially for baldos who can't aim clicks, just stand next to and click in general direction.
    Wait what!? Do Xenos have actual literal built in aimbots?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait what!? Do Xenos have actual literal built in aimbots?
    Yes. Its called "Directional Assist" and its "ON" on default. Simply click in a direction you want to slash/disarm and your beno will do that to anything in range of that direction.