User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dommys Queen-Mother Cult

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    ... or having a button that bolts the outer doors ...
    Unless this has been removed this is easily accomplished with a bit of metal and two transmitters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, do not announce the scheduling for these test events

This thing reminds me of cultists from the basic SS13 servers. It's good because there's opportunities for RP instead of constant team deathmatch.

Perhaps the marines could be doing physical training and such to keep them occupied while you're running these kinds of events.
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I was part of one of these events recently. It was a researcher, an OT, the CL and I all apart of the cult. It was a fun shipside experience but there were a few issues. I'll list them off

1) It's too hard to get enough members to fight marines. Like I said, there were 4 of us, but the OT was sent down to destroy comms and power in effort, which was in vain, to help the xenos. The researcher was doing research things and I guess round ended so ARES announced that there were unknown lifeforms in the CL's office. It should say that there are unknown lifeforms but not where. Anyways the CL didn't have any weapons so the admin had to spawn them in and by the time he was armed, there was a block party outside his office and they were shooting the walls down. It really felt like a me vs the world moment except I knew I couldn't win. This could be remedied by doing a "you feel a voice inside your head" thing where it would lead people on that something is going on and would give them the first clue on how to get inducted (IE speak to the CL or whoever the designated cult recruiter is) but not enough to say there's a cult. This makes it so that the people who wanna participate can and those who just wanna unga can unga.

2) Cultists should have a way to communicate with xenos, even if its through the patriarch. It would feel much more like a gene stealer cult if you could talk to the beings you worship. Maybe you need to preform sacrifices to keep communication with xenos or be undetected by ARES. Like the 40k shadow in the warp.

3) Cults need an actual cult hideout. It could be less visited parts of the ship like the conference room, chapel or a little corner on the colony. It would be really immersive if it had mood lighting, xeno blood, runes, altars. Stuff that says this is a cult. Maybe there could be multiple. Give something for marines to attack and for cultists to defend/attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. 1- I wasn't aiming for the event to turn into a sort of HvH but due to all xenos dying and a larva going to the CLs office, I had to do it fast. (My powers are very limited ingame)

2 - I can't add the Xeno Hivemind language, it doesn't work at all, only the xeno language itself which I made you understand.

3 - Runes, sure but they are made of crayons. Most vanilla ss13 CULT items are removed. Only thing that remains is Cult Floor and Walls which is very limiting.

3.1 - Cultists mainly have to defend the Patriarch. However I can't cause the event to derail the entire round which is quite hard especially with a cult.

Overall, I will try to the the points you listed however it really depends on the round and I can't actually do much or else it would derail the round but we will see. I will try to get permission to have more leeway for the event but that will have to be discussed.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th