User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry ... but I'm done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry ... but I'm done

YES, I'm going to list my grievances in this post, and YES, I am dissappointed with the direction CM has been taking.

Grievance #1: Xenos are at a decent dis-advantage across the board. Don't believe me? I don't care.

Marines are superior in:

Information relay and technology:
    Over-watch and SL communication is actually really good. Meanwhile xenos can't detect if a marine is hiding a shotgun in their suit by examining them, despite shotguns and rifles being nearly half a cubic meter of metal. Xenos also can't relay information if they're constantly being rushed, and position callouts are hard on the xeno side because there is no clear positions in caves on LV, Big-Red, Soro, and basically all maps with cave systems, because 'east caves are falling' could mean literally 4-5 different positions near there, or even right next to the hive.

Say what you want that this is 'A player problem on an individual scale', I don't care, you won't be able to talk while running, or be able to relay accurate information on home-territory as a xeno.

1 V 1 situations:
    Any marine can simply grab a shotgun and hide it in his armor-slot. Then take a M41A Pulse rifle, wield it, and trick a xeno into thinking they don't have a shotgun until it's too late and they one-shot-wonder them with barely 2-4 slashes on their person. Yes, those slashes have a small chance to break bones or cause IB, or other debilitating damage to the marine, but the xeno has a SKY risk of getting killed when they re-equip the rifle and fire blindly into the dark, critting the xeno, and guaranteeing a kill if there's not another xeno around (which usually there isn't because 1v1's are in the backline) and the critted xeno cannot talk in hivemind or at all in general
    Don't believe me? I don't care, I've seen it and been dealt it countless times. Call me un-robust, I don't care.

Attrition and the long-game:
    Believe it or not, marines actually have a better Attrition than xenos. Xenos have nothing but age to account for attrition. It used to be that if there was 2 or 3 ancient ravagers or ancient T3's, it was a DEATH SENTENCE for the marines, because that's the POINT, you have an insanely armored xenomorph with tanky health and deadly damage. Now ancient's difference from young is only about double or triple your health (which does nothing for concentrated fire on front-line fighting which T3's are supposed to do) and just barely double your damage, which marines with heavy armor can just soak with hardly a 5% chance to get debilitating damage.

Grievance #2: Un-Rewarding Game Play for Xenos and Marines alike

Marines have more rewarding Game Play for chasing a xeno down or getting a kill than xenos do chasing a marine down and getting a kill.

Marines can be revived, xenos cannot.

This also feeds into the lack of ability for xenos to effectively and efficiently 1v1 marines because of lack of:
    lack of shotgun information
    because of lack of shotgun information and knowledge of a marine having a shotgun in general, as well as lack of damage, are weak at EFFICIENTLY 1v1'ing marines. Sure, you can keep doing this, but a marine with heavy armor has a very little chance of getting actual debilitating damage from consecutive attacks as he fights and runs away.

This rewards the marines for getting a kill, congrats! Now on to the next un-lucky xeno victim.

Xenos hardly get a reward or FEEL rewarded for killing a marine, as a medic and 1-2 body-guards can simply take a marine back to the FOB with plenty of time to spare, and revive said marine and begin the process of the renewal of their forces.

As a marine, it feels cheap to do this, and it just feels like you're going on a power-trip, and it gets REALLY OLD REALLY FAST.

But ... there's nothing else that really gets the job done super-efficiently as a marine other than murder-balling and going to X-meta spot every fucking round as you rofl-stomp the xenos or get cuckle-fucked.

Grievance #3: Un-Intended Encouragement to Powergame.

I DO realize there isn't much to fix about this other than admin intervention, but ... can you blame people? Really?

Even the dark-vision glitch for marines is enough to make my blood boil (Which I will not reveal, because it's power-gamey). Then you have the back-line tricks and games ... it's just too much power-game.

And xenos can't really do much about it except futilely and fatally try to stop it.

In conclusion:

There's simply other stations and games that are more rewarding for your gameplay
    There's simply other stations and games that are literally, and mechanically, balanced.

I also realize I need to spend less time gaming and more time being an actual adult.

I'm sorry friends ... but this is the end ...

SYOTOS
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See ya next week Cheng
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can say only: If marines would simply leave the server when benos had clear and reinforced adventage, then there wouldn't be much game now. Fight, or flee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit, it's sad to see a xeno main go for good...

I still feel like Xenos are much harder and unfairer to play than marines, but every time I try to talk about it Marine Mains circle me yelling "XENOS MAD" at the top of their lungs and beat me with extension cords. It's gotten to be really annoying.

I already hear the Marines howling in the distance but holy shit, I think about 90% of my deaths are shotgun related. I died a few times from good nades, Avalanche scout'd me with his stealth ceremonial swords like twice last week which was legit, and I think an OB got me once. And every other time I died was from some jackass dual wielding shotguns. Absolute tragedy. You may commence calling me salty now

I gave this some thought and imo the biggest problem is skill ceilings being miles apart. I think a bad xeno can hamper the entire hive, especially if they take up valuable evo slots. A bad hivelord or carrier, bald drones, or even a SUBOPTIMAL Queen can all lead to an EASY Marine major. A very strong hive is what, 30 xenos and if 3 are bad that's already 10%. Math bad, and meanwhile Marines get to be as retarded as they want, long as they avoid killing each other. I still don't get how anyone can play marines and xenos and not agree that one's inherently way harder than the other. Is there anyone out there that plays both sides and thinks Xenos have it easier? I don't know, I'm unrobust, maybe people legit think that, fuck do I know. I main Drones mostly

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I can say only: If marines would simply leave the server when benos had clear and reinforced adventage, then there wouldn't be much game now. Fight, or flee.
    I know English is my second language, but I seriously legitimately do not understand this sentence

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shotgun is retarded and should be nerfed to shit, but bruh you can literally see the sprite on their hip when they are wearing a shotgun in their armor slot.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HoseaPalindrome View Post

I still don't get how anyone can play marines and xenos and not agree that one's inherently way harder than the other. Is there anyone out there that plays both sides and thinks Xenos have it easier? I don't know, I'm unrobust, maybe people legit think that, fuck do I know.
    people with really good ping will say xeno is easier. but anyone with shit ping will know how easy it is to get PB because you are dancing around doing ninja shit but the game registers you as just standing next to the retard with the shotgun so he can get an easy PB and kill you.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HoseaPalindrome View Post

I know English is my second language, but I seriously legitimately do not understand this sentence
    There was a time when there was forced 75% beno winrate. No matter what, benos were supposed to win atleast 3/4 of all the rounds. By the definition, benos had big and clear adventages over marines. If marines would quit the game, because it was unbalanced, then CM wouldn't be here. Fight for fun trough balance, or quit.

When the honeymoon of CM novelity passed, I stayed and fought for balance. I could simply quit, return to being Paradise Cyborg main for life.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotgun hell just sucks because it feels going anything else is gimping yourself, sucks as marine and alien. And by shotgun I mean buck shottie because come on, who going that lame shit when you can get hyper and rush the ayys. Used to have accuracy penalties and acid damage to counter it to a degree but its nerf or removal along with various buffs to buck and ease of getting meds via mini-med makes it buck shottie a no brainier.

Buck shottie just hampers the whole meta to hell.

Also aliens cant get into late game without queen getting caps, it that bad. For god sake add something like stamina that tackle can reduce and kill random tackle but have a stamina bar or something. Something so it isn't aid to cap and deal with attrition. Not it will matter since they don't want the game going beyond 2 hours so aliens can't even get that late game.

tbh the game needs more balance work to make aliens and marines more fun or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See you next week Cheng

Also, you do know that weapons holstered in suit storage have a bit of sprite on a marine's hip right? Plus, you could take the easy way of remembering like 10 names in the entire player base that can consistently own you with shotguns and be more careful with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    allah is good ������
    Jonathan Hogg/SHP