Date of Incident
    June 19, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Ravager BE-547

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Don't know.

Accused Character Name
    Beauford S. Pumpernickel

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    3:00 AM EST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Powergaming, abusing mechanic

Description of the incident:
    Beauford S. Pumpernickel was a scout spec for that round, at the round start prior to deployment he went to beg CO for his ceremonial sword, to then later abuse his cloak to permanently run around the hive invisibly and deal humongous damage to xenos per hit (around 80 and armor piercing).

Due to insane damage that sword has, he managed to kill over 8 xenos, including 3 T3s, plus destroyed the hive and freed all the captured marines, basically singlehandedly changing the flow of a round and killing almost 50% of the hive.

I like good players and such, but when it is possible for a single marine to do more damage to the hive than 40+ other marines combined during the round, it does make for a bad gaming experience for other players, and throws entire game off-balance.

I am aware that synths are allowed to use strong meele weapons, however they are not marines, and are still being visible while attacking xenos, unlike scouts who can solo T3s since they can't see them on weeds, especially with OP weapon like ceremonial sword. I would like to apply same logic for scouts using Ceremonial Sword as to marines using Riot Shields or Tac shotties at the round start, aka powergaming.

I do not feel like scout changes were intended to turn him from recon soilider with strong firepower into meele assassin that can solo any T3 with no consequences, and neither I think that such gameplay should be encouraged.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Check round logs please.

How you would punish the accused:
    1. Nerf Ceremonial Sword damage
    OR
    2. Explicitly tell COs that marines are not allowed to use his ceremonial sword akin tac shottie at the round start, especially scouts.
    OR
    3. Nerf spec invisibility by not allowing to meele while invis. (akin shooting)
    OR
    4. Warning to that player for powergaming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2. Do NOT post in a report if you are not contributing as a witness. If you are going to post as a character witness (for or against), keep it simple and easy to read. Witnesses should only being posted about what happened/occurred during the round the alleged violation took place. Not what happened in previous rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay since my previous reply was deleted for some very strange reason:

Everything I did was intended. Scouts have been given the sword dozens of times before and have used it well. Using melee weapons while cloaked is now part of what the scout does. I did nothing along the lines of what the powergaming rule says. Captains giving their swords out has been ruled okay.

Would it have been powergaming if I used a machete? A fireaxe? I didn't break into CIC and get on my knees and beg for the sword, it was simply given to me as that is what COs usually do to scouts now. I don't see as to why I would be punished for "abusing" intended mechanics.
    beast

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staff member or not if a player is using intended mechanics that turn out to be overpowered it’s not a rules problem, it’s a balance issue. It’s only powergaming if he stole the sword, but the CO council has said that COs can give it to marines.

Half of your intended punishments to nerf the sword are nothing that managers can enforce. I would recommend you instead make a gitlab about it.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids